Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rate the song above you.

Go down 
+9
josh200612
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
OU
gomez1012
acccardinal12
LA
Wolfgangsta
Thomasdrrn09
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Rate the song above you. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:24 pm

3/10 not my taste

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Seriously Megadeth? Some of the most braindead metal to have ever been recorded. Now their Christian crusading is even more laughable.

Megadeth is one of the only real known thrash bands that actually wrote songs about shit going on in the world. In all seriousness, how much of their stuff have you listened to? The thought of someone listening to Rust in Peace and walking away thinking Megadeth is an embarrassment to thrash just blows me away
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Of all the "big four" none were actually very good besides Slayer and a lesser extent Metallica. Anthrax is garbage. Megadeth is garbage. Metallica cool, Slayer absolute classic. Testament usually finds their way into these discussions but they were nothing more than a Tallica knockoff. Death Angel is also pretty terrible. Destruction sucks. Kreator was awesome. Dark Angel was alright. Sodom was ok then went terrible. Razor was a joke. Annihilator a joke.

What other thrash bands do you know. Megadeth fans typically only know a few. Not trying to be a dick but they artistically were always the most criticized.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Seriously Megadeth? Some of the most braindead metal to have ever been recorded. Now their Christian crusading is even more laughable.

Megadeth is one of the only real known thrash bands that actually wrote songs about shit going on in the world. In all seriousness, how much of their stuff have you listened to? The thought of someone listening to Rust in Peace and walking away thinking Megadeth is an embarrassment to thrash just blows me away

Rust is alright from a riff perspective sometimes but Megadeth were the least serious intellectually. Took easy, rock based approaches to social issues. Paul Speckmann famously contacted Dave once to talk about possibly joining a band together to find out what his motivation was and Dave said "you know man, the chicks!" and got hung the fuck up on.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Rust is alright from a riff perspective sometimes but Megadeth were the least serious intellectually. Took easy, rock based approaches to social issues. Paul Speckmann famously contacted Dave once to talk about possibly joining a band together to find out what his motivation was and Dave said "you know man, the chicks!" and got hung the fuck up on.

I can see where you're coming from I guess. Different strokes. Their first couple albums were all fantastic and then like pretty much every thrash band the quality started to decline. Even Slayer did in the mid-90s before making a decent comeback with God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

You like Pantera?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Of all the "big four" none were actually very good besides Slayer and a lesser extent Metallica. Anthrax is garbage. Megadeth is garbage. Metallica cool, Slayer absolute classic. Testament usually finds their way into these discussions but they were nothing more than a Tallica knockoff. Death Angel is also pretty terrible. Destruction sucks. Kreator was awesome. Dark Angel was alright. Sodom was ok then went terrible. Razor was a joke. Annihilator a joke.

What other thrash bands do you know. Megadeth fans typically only know a few. Not trying to be a dick but they artistically were always the most criticized.

Na, I know all of them for the most part. Probably one of my favorite waves of music ever. Exodus, Flotsam and Jetsam, Overkill , etc. Most of them had decent stuff
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:36 pm

God Hates Us All a comeback? Or a dumbing down of their style while simultaneously moving in a Slipknot direction?

I admit GHUA was what got me into Slayer but that album now with my level 7 metal wizardry I can plainly see it was a pandering to the "Family Values" audience.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 pm

LA wrote:
You like Pantera?

The 3 albums they put out between 90-94 yes. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Wolf actually likes these guys
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
God Hates Us All a comeback? Or a dumbing down of their style while simultaneously moving in a Slipknot direction?

I admit GHUA was what got me into Slayer but that album now with my level 7 metal wizardry I can plainly see it was a pandering to the "Family Values" audience.

It was a comeback compared to what they had recently been doing to me. Disciple was about 10x better than anything off any of their albums since Seasons
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Pantera is garbage, and were a legitimate cockrock band, spandex and hair and buttrock sound until they ripped off Exhorder completely. Another example of an idiot rock based band using an underground sound, stripped of worth, to make it famous. May they rot.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:39 pm

LOL good call B
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Disciple was kind of a cool song, and so is God Send Death, and I often try to imagine those songs in the old recording style. But Divine Intervention rips that whole album apart. Bitter Peace from Diabolus is pretty classic Slayer too.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:42 pm

LA wrote:
LOL good call B

Lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Disciple was kind of a cool song, and so is God Send Death, and I often try to imagine those songs in the old recording style. But Divine Intervention rips that whole album apart. Bitter Peace from Diabolus is pretty classic Slayer too.

Yeah I forgot about DI although its been years since I've heard that album
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Pantera are the textbook definition of "Poser"

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=77

Four albums you men have never heard of.

Here they were, buttrocking in the 80s.

Here is the band they ripped off. Everything from the "Southern groove" to Phil's vocal style to the guitar tone was lifted from Exhorder.

This version doesn't do justice to the guitar tone rip off on the album version either.

Bobbitt. I should make you my metal student.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

1 way to shut up you metal loving freaks. Go pull a Cobain.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Lol I actually knew their glam rock background. I never got big into them but I didn't mind the run of albums they had between Cowboys and Far Beyond Driven. Always thought Dimebag was overrated as well by 99.9% of their fans
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Once ripping off Judas Priest wasn't cool they picked a more original and less known band to steal the style from and became metal gods. Pantera is ANTI METAL. Dimebag's death was guided by Satan.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Bobbitt if you want I can share some Exhorder. Full albums.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:56 pm

1990 Slaughter in the Vatican

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4FD1LTR

Password to unzip is thelatinhorde

You'll never look at Pantera the same way again.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Quote :
Several elements of Exhorder's debut could potentially explain its lack of commercial success in relation to Pantera. In disagreement with the opinion that Exhorder is "Pantera minus the good songs," AMG's review of Slaughter in the Vatican expresses that "perhaps a more accurate billing would be to call them Pantera without the major label backing." They also point to the fact that the title of Exhorder's debut, along with the unsubtle album cover, "certainly didn't help cause any." Exhorder lead vocalist Kyle Thomas has stated that he does not care about any of the criticism and is sick of seeing Exhorder's name tied to Pantera's. He also stated that he and some members of Pantera were friends, and that he mourns the loss of Dimebag Darrell. Recently, Thomas suggested that while it is possible Pantera may have been influenced by his band, the members of Pantera "work[ed] a ... lot harder than [they] did."

Do they only have 2 albums?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:03 pm

They had two albums and played a more "underground" riff based style of thrash more akin to death metal or slayer than Pantera, who took some of their "Nola" elements, the vocals, the southern grove, guitar tone, and spliced it with their cockrockiness, and tricked all the cockrock fans ready to jump off the bandwagon in the early 90s they were somehow different.

Exhorder is "Pantera minus good songs" from a mainstream douchebag perspective, but more accurately Pantera is "Exhorder dumbed down for the major label consumer."

I wish the whole band was executed. Hail Satan.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the song above you.   Rate the song above you. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the song above you.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next