Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?

Go down 
+3
Groundhog_Day
SlickMoneyXL
gomez1012
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:31 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/morales-returns-in-december-62579

Three-division former world champion Erik “Terrible” Morales is expected to return December 18 at Estadio Caliente in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico to fight for the WBC Silver super lightweight title against an opponent to be determined. The fight would be added to the blockbuster SHOWTIME pay-per-view telecast that’s also featuring Bernard Hopkins against WBC light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal from Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. A win for Morales would pave the way for him to face his countryman Juan Manuel Marquez, the current WBA/WBO lightweight world champion, in a 2011 mega-fight. For the December 18 date, Morales will again prepare at the Otomi Ceremonial Center, located in Temoya, Estado de Mexico.

Interesting

Wonder what the final line up for this card is

Possible to appear
Quote :
Dan Rafael (12:04 PM)
The undercard is not set. Golden Boy is working on, however names being thrown around as possible to appear on it are Librado Andrade, Daniel Jacobs and Daniel Ponce De Leon, although nothing at all is set yet.

Last edited by gomez1012 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:46 pm

They're going to need some name fighters to support this PPV. Its Hopkins-Pascal btw.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm

thanks for the correction lol

yea, def need a strong looking under card to sell this

Supposedly Mora-Mosley did 150k buys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 pm

They'll need an outstanding undercard to sell a Bernard Hopkins pay per view.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm

The main event is going to suck eggs. Pascal will try to start strong and throw combinations but he's going to find that Hopkins is going to grab every time. Pascal will realize that he has no clue how to handle Hopkins on the inside. Hopkins will spend his time on the inside hitting Pascal in the hip and throwing little shots to the side of the head, all while holding. Eventually, Pascal will be reduced to trying to potshot from the outside, after which Hopkins will clinch immediately. The punch rate of the fight will reach Haye-Valuev proportions.

Andrade should be the main event for any card he is on. I don't care if he is a caveman whose concept of defense is blocking punches with his face. This card will end up like Mosley-Mora. Nice action in the undercard, snoozefest main event.

I hope Showtime isn't getting any more funny ideas about PPV. It would be a shame if they slapped the super six finals (if it even makes it to that) on PPV. I heard a rumor a while back that the finals may end up on CBS, which would be the best thing to happen to boxing in years.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Groundhog_Day wrote:
The main event is going to suck eggs. Pascal will try to start strong and throw combinations but he's going to find that Hopkins is going to grab every time. Pascal will realize that he has no clue how to handle Hopkins on the inside. Hopkins will spend his time on the inside hitting Pascal in the hip and throwing little shots to the side of the head, all while holding. Eventually, Pascal will be reduced to trying to potshot from the outside, after which Hopkins will clinch immediately. The punch rate of the fight will reach Haye-Valuev proportions.

Andrade should be the main event for any card he is on. I don't care if he is a caveman whose concept of defense is blocking punches with his face. This card will end up like Mosley-Mora. Nice action in the undercard, snoozefest main event.

I hope Showtime isn't getting any more funny ideas about PPV. It would be a shame if they slapped the super six finals (if it even makes it to that) on PPV. I heard a rumor a while back that the finals may end up on CBS, which would be the best thing to happen to boxing in years.

considering where the S6 is at now, i really doubt it lol
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I would buy this PPV depending on the undercard, even with knowing that the main event might be boring because of the way Hopkins fights. I want to see Pascal fight, and one thing to keep in mind, I dont think Pascal has ever been in a boring fight. He could possibly make Hopkins watchable for once.

Shit I would like to see Terrible Morales, just to see where hes at currently. BTW I would be pretty intrested in a Marquez-morales bout next year, yeah I know old people fights arent the best, but I love the fighting styles these two have, it could be quite entertaining, no matter the age.

Put Ponce vs someone relevant and Andrade in and its a worthy card.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

If Morales and Marquez both win, I would sort-of be interested in the fight, as long as it isn't on PPV.

It would be sad for me to watch though. Morales would get torn apart by JMM at this stage in their respective careers. Unless Katsidis puts a Margarito style beating on JMM, Morales at this point has nothing on him.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Marquez will put Morales in a`body bag...
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:25 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Marquez will put Morales in a`body bag...
sorry to perpetuate your morbid imagery, but it'd be like watching an autopsy.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 pm

ppv is destroying the hbo and showtime fights somewhat..hopkins -pasqual is crap..watch a live stream and treat yourself to a night out instead of paying 50 bucks for crap..forget undercards the main event should stand on its own..hopkins fights will need joe louis and billy conn on the undercard to sell..yes mosley fight did 150 000 a flop by ppv standards but thats still 7.5 mill and after the promoter and hbo take there cut 3 mil goes to a light hiting mora and a washed up shot mosley..why cause 150 thousands suckers made it possible..and possible for this crappy fight not to be on regular hbo....were the suckers us fans who seem to buy anything....the tv guys allow a low weekly espn fight by money standards yet they put on excellent fights..the higher the money it seems the worse the matchups get....is anyone excited about hopkins -pasqual..if soo..see a dr fast..this can be a foolish choice for pasqual..hopkins even if the ppv flops 100 000 or so still walks away with 1.5 million .for a boring fight..glen johnson got 60 000 his last fight and gave his all..
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

Morales is done as a contender and I see no reason to match him with JMM at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Honestly I wouldn't mind Morales vs JMM next year, Marquez has aged and declined enough to make it a competitive entertaining fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:50 pm

U really think that JMM has fallen off that much where a fight with Morales will be competitive? I just dont see it.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Ali, in terms of boxing years.. Marquez is merely aged, while Morales has got a foot in the grave.

Kinda odd though cos I think Morales is actually younger than...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Morales is a great warrior but he has nothing to prove by fighting top 10 guys and getting killed anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?   Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrible Morales on Pascal-Hopkins PPV?
Page 1 of 1