Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on Guzman?

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
RUM CAPITAL
flapanther2001
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

Thoughts on Guzman? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:33 pm

This guy pisses me off. So much talent, yet so little accomplished. He started out on fire, but his career is fizzling right before our eyes. Even though I'm not a big fan of his style, I can't fault the guy for that. I doubt anyone could have defeated him at 130 & he should have ruled at 135. But he didn't do that...he cherry picked a couple of opponents, started having problems making weight, and (I thought) fought shitty against Funeka. His weight problems aside, I think his attitude sucks. he wasn't really trying to make the weight as far as I'm concerned. Now, he's fighting some nobody with ten (10) losses? What a waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:35 pm

I hear you. The guy needs to get his head out of his ass. He has a ton of talent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of his style.

I used to love him. He could move and he would hurt people. He's a lost cause though. Past his prime and has continuously shown he doesn't have the work ethic to be as good as he could have. He was a monster though.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 pm

i hate guzman ever since he beat an old agapito sanchez and attempted to humiliate agapito in the process. guzman has all the tools but he's a slacker.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm

He's what 33/34? He is who he is at this point.

Another guy who seemed to have the old million dollar body and five cent head.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 pm

He's Dumbinican didn't you guys know that?
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

It's not like he's been tested or in any huge wars either. His body should be fresh, but his head is up his culo.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
He's Dumbinican didn't you guys know that?
pffffff lmao you had to go there. PLATANO NATION ..."OH OH PERO BUENO CUAL ES LA BAINA TIGERAZO"
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

It's not like he's been tested or in any huge wars either. His body should be fresh, but his head is up his culo.
first fight against funeka he got hit a lot and hard. i found it incredible that he wasn't ko because he was in trouble at least twice in that fight.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

first fight against funeka he got hit a lot and hard. i found it incredible that he wasn't ko because he was in trouble at least twice in that fight.
True, but his style doesn't lend to him trading with guys or getting hit all too much. He's undisciplined and that will be his downfall. Promoters will stop pushing for his fights.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:43 am

He and Funeka are both idiots.. for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 am

he wasted his career. he sat around and made the guys who fight twice a year seem active. Now he is on the downside and can't get his body down to weights where he was a top fighter.

Don't really want to see or hear about him anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

I like Guzman because everyone seems to hate him.

LMAO Rum that East Bound And Down gif is awesome.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

hehe best comedy on tv. season 2 recently started and is awesome, it was actually filmed in puerto rico but in the show is supp. to be based in mexico lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:07 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

hehe best comedy on tv. season 2 recently started and is awesome, it was actually filmed in puerto rico but in the show is supp. to be based in mexico lol

Laughing

I can't wait for the second season to start over here, is it true the buxom girlfriend from season one won't be back ?
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Guzman?   Thoughts on Guzman? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Laughing

I can't wait for the second season to start over here, is it true the buxom girlfriend from season one won't be back ?
dont want to spoil too much. but nobody from season one is back so far. I'm still crossing my fingers for the great steve janowski to make an appearance.