Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?

Go down 
+9
OU
NBrooks5
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
josh200612
WinstonSmith
gomez1012
marbleheadmaui
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 am

That's shocking that Finney's never been awarded one, he should have got an Oscar for his performance in Miller's Crossing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I disagree Ali.

He's been up for one 3 times. Aviator, Blood Diamond, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape..then you got Shutter Island probably getting consideration in the upcoming oscars.

I just think when you been up for it 3 times, even if there was always somebody better you are eligible for a thread like this.

I don't consider those performances as truly outstanding.

When Leo was up for Avaitor he was beaten by Jaimie Fox for Ray, I can't argue with that decision.

When Leo was up for Blood Diamond he was beaten by Forest Whitaker for The Last King Of Scotland, again the right guy won.

Leo is a solid actor but I can't agree with him being eligible for this when he's not given that one outstanding performance yet, nor has Leo even reached his acting peak.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Moe, Larry and Curly. Fuck Schemp.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I disagree Ali.

He's been up for one 3 times. Aviator, Blood Diamond, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape..then you got Shutter Island probably getting consideration in the upcoming oscars.

I just think when you been up for it 3 times, even if there was always somebody better you are eligible for a thread like this.

I have NEVER seen the adult DiCaprio in a role where he was remotely credible. I just don't get the guy at all.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:08 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I disagree Ali.

I have NEVER seen the adult DiCaprio in a role where he was remotely credible. I just don't get the guy at all.

Regardless of one's opinion on The Departed,I thought his role was solid.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Gilbert Godfrey
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm

My top three would be O' Toole (8 noms and no wins is a travesty), Norton and Depp.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:44 am

Robert Duvall
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 am

First off Dicaprio should have won an Oscar for The Aviator, fuck the Ray movie. Viggo Mortensen certainly deserves one for Eastern Promises. O' Toole certainly for numerous projects. But some of the winners are subjective. They gave an Oscar to Denzel for Training Day over Russell Crowe for The Insider, that was all politics.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:29 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
First off Dicaprio should have won an Oscar for The Aviator, fuck the Ray movie. Viggo Mortensen certainly deserves one for Eastern Promises. O' Toole certainly for numerous projects. But some of the winners are subjective. They gave an Oscar to Denzel for Training Day over Russell Crowe for The Insider, that was all politics.
That was "Black Night" at the academy awards. It was the dumbest and most obvious crock of shit I ever saw. I would imagine that it had to embarrass the Blacks who won. Halle Berry also won over Sissy Spacek (In the Bedroom.).
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:42 am

Crowe was up for Beautiful Mind fyi and yes he was robbed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:02 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Robert Duvall

He won an Oscar for his cameo in Apocalypse Now.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:19 am

Ali wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Robert Duvall

He won an Oscar for his cameo in Apocalypse Now.
Thanks Ali. I never knew that. All those great performance and that's what he wins for? LOL
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:06 pm

He didn't win for Apocolype Now, he was nominated. he won for Tender Mercies.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

What I am still trying to understand is how Apocolypse Now didn't win the Oscar for Best Picture?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I disagree Ali.

Regardless of one's opinion on The Departed,I thought his role was solid.

You thought he was credible as a Southie tough guy? Really? I thought about the only credible guys in the whole damned movie were Wahlberg and Nicolson's #2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
He didn't win for Apocolype Now, he was nominated. he won for Tender Mercies.

Are you sure ?? I could swear Robert won it for Apocalypse Now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?   Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's the greatest actor never to win an Oscar ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2