Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana on Chael and testing

Go down 
+3
gomez1012
captain organic
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana on Chael and testing Empty
PostSubject: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:55 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/23/1706770/dana-white-talks-chael-sonnen-commission-oversight-on-drug-use-in-the
Quote :
"Here's the thing you guys have got to understand. I've been in this business for 10 years. I've been in the fight business since I was 19. There's a lot of stuff you guys don't know. Every day, when my big toe hits the floor and I get out of bed, that sh*t happens. I have to deal with it. It's no different than any other day. Am I disappointed? Yes, absolutely... The big misconception is that Dana tells the athletic commission this and that. I don't tell the athletic commission jack sh*t. The athletic commission could give a flying rat's a*s what I think or what I have to say. They oversee me. They tell me what I've got to do. I have to sit back now and see what's going to happen.Every other sport has a commissioner. The NFL has a commissioner. When something goes wrong he comes in and says here's what's going to happen. The government tells my fighters what's going to happen to them. Every time these guys step inside the Octagon and compete the government is overseeing this. They drug test them. They do all the medical testing. They do everything. They tell me what's going to happen. The government will come in. They'll test these guys. You get yourself busted for taking whatever it was you were taking, marijuana, or some illegal substance. Here's what I'm going to do (if I'm the commission). I'm going to take away your ability to work for a year. You can't make a living for a year. Then on top of that I'm going to make you pay a fine from this fight you were having. Most of these fighters-that money that they had from their fight-that's already spent. I'm going to buy this and I'm going to do that. Plus, the tax on that money. They're going to get taxed on that money and they have to pay that fine. You don't realize how devastating it is. They've already been punished. They're down and out. What am I going to do? Go over and kick them in the face? What else is there to do? I'm going to fine you and suspend you for another three months? The government is the commissioner!"
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:07 pm

A fair take by Dana.

Now should we get bent out of shape that the gov't plays a role such as this? Maybe, but in this case, I think the one year suspension is fair.

And thus I don't think anything needs to be tacked on by the UFC.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:09 pm

captain organic wrote:
A fair take by Dana.

Now should we get bent out of shape that the gov't plays a role such as this? Maybe, but in this case, I think the one year suspension is fair.

I think the beef is that the public/media want to see sport cleaned up right? Meaning White has to have a harsher stance on roids
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:11 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
A fair take by Dana.

I think the beef is that the public/media want to see sport cleaned up right? Meaning White has to have a harsher stance on roids

Well if the media just looks at the impact on the fighter they shouldn't have a problem with it. These fines are much harsher then other sports considering the difference in pay. Also in other sports 1 failed drug test will not result in an entire year suspension.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Four games in the NFL. You could piss dirty in week 8 and hold up a superbowl trophy at the end of the year. 50 games in baseball. You could piss dirty at the all star break and hit a walk off home run in the play offs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
A fair take by Dana.

Well if the media just looks at the impact on the fighter they shouldn't have a problem with it. These fines are much harsher then other sports considering the difference in pay. Also in other sports 1 failed drug test will not result in an entire year suspension.

No doubt, one year is way harsher then most sports.

all sports are dirty, I think the common fan is aware of this.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm

If you think steroids are a bigger problem in MMA than all other competitive sports you're a nitwit.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Not arguing with you guys, just saying thats how the dumb writers see it or choose to bitch about

Because its fighting, its more dangerous blah blah blah

White is a promoter, as a promoter I think he's right on his stance, we're abiding by the CSAC, no need for me to dish out more punishment
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Four games in the NFL. You could piss dirty in week 8 and hold up a superbowl trophy at the end of the year. 50 games in baseball. You could piss dirty at the all star break and hit a walk off home run in the play offs.

yep

but heres the problem with that example

A guy get 4 games in the NFL for pissing dirty, hes back to kicking, punching, throwing, and choking guys in no time!!!!

these guys that have been caught such as Shane Mosley, Fernando Vargas, Toney, Sylvia, Sonnen, Sherk, etc., etc. are lucky they havent had the law brought into this
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Those leagues have their policy, each is different. I wonder how hard Peyton would get it if he peed dirty after the Super Bowl? What ever the policy dictates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
A fair take by Dana.

I agree! 100%
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

yep

but heres the problem with that example

A guy get 4 games in the NFL for pissing dirty, hes back to kicking, punching, throwing, and choking guys in no time!!!!

these guys that have been caught such as Shane Mosley, Fernando Vargas, Toney, Sylvia, Sonnen, Sherk, etc., etc. are lucky they havent had the law brought into this

These sports are in no rush to paint themselves any more dangerous that any of these other sports. Besides, the NFL is just as dangerous in terms of brain injury as any combat sport.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:38 am

agree BUT you will never convince a poitician of that
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm with Gross on this. UFC used to be anti doping. You get busted breaking the rules and roiding, the UFC will bust you up right along with the regulators. The message was that they didn't want roiders in the UFC. You listen to it now and Dana makes Sonnen sound like a victim of a senseless crime. Sonnen is braking the rules and taking testosterone. Send the message that this is unacceptable in the sport. Fuck what the NFL or MLB do, MMA is neither of those. White is showing that steroids are okay as long as you have some value worth squeezing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm with Gross on this. UFC used to be anti doping. You get busted breaking the rules and roiding, the UFC will bust you up right along with the regulators. The message was that they didn't want roiders in the UFC. You listen to it now and Dana makes Sonnen sound like a victim of a senseless crime. Sonnen is braking the rules and taking testosterone. Send the message that this is unacceptable in the sport. Fuck what the NFL or MLB do, MMA is neither of those. White is showing that steroids are okay as long as you have some value worth squeezing.

He's a promoter, shit look at Bob Arum with Tony Margarito
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana on Chael and testing   Dana on Chael and testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana on Chael and testing
Page 1 of 1