Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.

Go down 
+6
RUM CAPITAL
4445Frank
Birdofthad
Groundhog_Day
marbleheadmaui
Diego408
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. Empty
PostSubject: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes Margarito has a long shot because he is shot, but its still a tough fight regardless do to it being at a JR middleweight fight, Margs having 5 inches in height and the power advantage. We seriously can give it to Floyd, especially since he most likely will be going through legal trouble. The SSM fight may be his last. Donaire whos at #4? pppffftttt dont make me laugh. JMM could lose to Katsidis if he gets old over age, but I really believe the winner of SM-PW deserves the crown if Pacquiao should lose to Margarito. I maybe jumping the gun, but I do believe Martinez is the best fighter in the world. He caan beat PW, Pacquiao, Floyd and anyoone at 154 to 160.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:05 pm

I realize I am an outlier but

1) The idea that Manny, while fighting at 147, is p4p the best fighter is lunacy
2) The title p4p isn't always filled.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Whoever comes out on top of the bantamweight or supermiddleweight division is the best P4P fighter IMO.

He will be the best fighter in the deepest division.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm

the guy that is number 1 at the moment

cough cough it isnt Manny Pacquiao
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

I honestly don't know whether Tony is a has been or a never been, but Pacquiao doesn't lose this one.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 pm

when sergio beats williams he will be p4p king.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 am

In my opinion Andre Ward will take the mantle once Flod and Manny step down. He's got the ability to win the Super Six and beat Lucian Bute in a unification fight, after that he can defend his title a couple times or move up to Light Heavyweight and be successful.

The sky is the limit for Son of Satan.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am

Floyd Mayweather will inherit it for me. If anybody has Floyd number 1 already then thats fine by me.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
the guy that is number 1 at the moment

cough cough it isnt Manny Pacquiao

We're not talking about women's boxing
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:07 pm

I have Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. at number 1 right now, so its irrelevant, at least until Floyd is in prison (although any fights in the showers with La Eme or the Aryan Brotherhood should get consideration)
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:27 pm

What ever fighter jumps weight classes and beats up shot guys by juicing himself to the gills, or whatever fighter ducks everyone who has a chance to beat him. I figure the formulas that have been working so far will keep working.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:13 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
I realize I am an outlier but

1) The idea that Manny, while fighting at 147, is p4p the best fighter is lunacy
2) The title p4p isn't always filled.

I've always felt that p4p takes into account speculation on what fighters could potentially do in other weight classes (and usually gives guys a bump for career achievements).

So the idea of Manny as p4p is that he's among the best right now from 135-154. Not that at 147 he's the best fighter in the world (I give that to Floyd), but the fact that he's able to fight above his assumed best weights and crush people gives him the nod in any p4p discussion.

With that said there's no one to fill the p4p gap if he loses decisively. I think it would have to go to Wlad I guess but no one other than Floyd has close to Manny's star power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.   If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king. Empty

Back to top Go down

If Pacquaio losses, who would become the next p4p king.
Page 1 of 1