Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manny Pacquaio is my hero

Go down 
+3
Birdofthad
ChaoscamelWV
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Manny Pacquaio is my hero Empty
PostSubject: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:46 am

What a fight. What a performance. What a legend.

I'll never forget this shit
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:56 am

Man you are right. I couldn't get over how much bigger marg was.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 am

IN UTTER SHOCK what an amazing performance i gave Margarito the 2nd 6th and 9th If I remember correctly

Pac put on such a dominant performance FOR GOING BACKWARDS Margarito stalked him and Pac amde him pay, what a fight
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Honestly I'm embarrassed that I picked Marg. Pac is unreal and has me wanting to watch a lot more boxing for the first time in a long time.

I've been out of the loop for a long time but is he the best ever?
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Nobody would say that but he's without a doubt cementing his legacy as one of the ATGs
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Fair enough, just wondered considering he could probably fight at fucking LHW and win a belt it seems!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Ziggy im gonna blow your mind but Pac isnt even top 25 all time yet

and thats a fact
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Fair enough. I guess when a sport has been around that long it takes a lot but as a complete noob here, has he not done as much as it seems or is it because he is one of only a few household names in boxing right now when in the past there were a lot more? If that makes sense...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:50 pm

makes a ton of sense

i think alot of people are inclined to say hes the best ever cause either A. Theyve never really watched boxing and havent gotten to see what human windmills look like

or

B. They havent watched Boxing in a long time and Pac blows their mind

Heres the problem, theres to many belts and division know a days

Henry Armstrong had 3 titles simultaneously when there was only 8 belts and 8 divisions. Add in he got a bull shit draw for the Middleweight title, he almost had 50 % of the titles at 1 TIME.

Pac has know had 8 titles, not simultaneously, in when there is 17 divisions and sometimes more than 4 belts per division. Theres 87 belts out there right know. That a HUGE problem.

Add in Pac didnt even weigh in for the Jr Middle Division. He weighed in at 144, there basically gift wrapping him belts the last 2 times he has fought.

That said i thought Margarito would give him more trouble than he did, I thought if Margarito was there in the 12th it would be a close dog fight and Pac would be at risk of losing.

Pac is an all time great fighter he just isnt close to top 10 yet IMO

Guys like Robinson, Armstrong, Louis, Ali, Jack Johnson, Harry Greb, etc. are above him
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Alright that's why I asked. I do know that there are way too many belts floating around because half the time if there's a title fight I don't recognize either name. Obviously I'm barely a casual fan at this point but still.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:08 pm

sadly there is the WBC, WBA, IBF, and know WBO has slimed their way into being a relevant boxing organization as well
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

A beatdown

Great gif Ziggy

That 6 punch combo...oooh man
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
Alright that's why I asked. I do know that there are way too many belts floating around because half the time if there's a title fight I don't recognize either name. Obviously I'm barely a casual fan at this point but still.

Lets put this in perspective. Even if you subscribe to the "too many belts" theory. Pac Man has won the lineal title in 4 divisions!! That has NEVER been done before. As for the idiots that complain Pac "only weighed in at 144" thats complete and total idiocy on thier part. Margarito was 167 on fight night. Pac was 145. HOW IS THAT A BAD REFLECTION ON PAC?!?!?!?!?!?
Also, people tend to forget that the "catch-weight" fight has been around since 1928. Its not new. Greb, Tunney, Ray Leonard, Armstrong to name a few all used it.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 am

boxinglawyer wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:

Lets put this in perspective. Even if you subscribe to the "too many belts" theory. Pac Man has won the lineal title in 4 divisions!! That has NEVER been done before. As for the idiots that complain Pac "only weighed in at 144" thats complete and total idiocy on thier part. Margarito was 167 on fight night. Pac was 145. HOW IS THAT A BAD REFLECTION ON PAC?!?!?!?!?!?
Also, people tend to forget that the "catch-weight" fight has been around since 1928. Its not new. Greb, Tunney, Ray Leonard, Armstrong to name a few all used it.

I don't know a lot when it comes to boxing but I do know this to be fact.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Ziggy im gonna blow your mind but Pac isnt even top 25 all time yet

and thats a fact

I think that might too strong a statement(which u yourself have later revised).

I make no claim as a boxing historian, but Pac has been fighting and beating high caliber fighters for what seems like forever, and often they are much bigger fighters, and he is straight dominating these guys. I have to believe he is making a serious argument for top 10(if not top 5) all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquaio is my hero   Manny Pacquaio is my hero Empty

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquaio is my hero
Page 1 of 1