Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards

Go down 
+4
Bigs03
Jruq
Wolfgangsta
Ninja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards Empty
PostSubject: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

Cool. I was one of those who expected big things from this kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:06 am

If only this made him twice as good as BJ. Shit, if only this made him half as good.

3 time NCAA champ though, so I have no doubt he can succeed - I actually think he is a decent bet against Leben and can probably grind his face into meat for a UD. Hopefully he has learned not to stick his neck right into a guillotine when he hits a double-leg, but I don't see Leben going for many subs as much as trying to knock his block off.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 am

Jruq wrote:
If only this made him twice as good as BJ. Shit, if only this made him half as good.

3 time NCAA champ though, so I have no doubt he can succeed - I actually think he is a decent bet against Leben and can probably grind his face into meat for a UD. Hopefully he has learned not to stick his neck right into a guillotine when he hits a double-leg, but I don't see Leben going for many subs as much as trying to knock his block off.

I think Leben's experience will prove to be the deciding factor here. I'm sure Rosholt has a good chin but Leben's gonna test it no doubt.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a lay n pray snoozer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:36 am

He has been called the most accomplished wrestler in MMA history. 4 time all American, 3 time NCAA Champ.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:

I think Leben's experience will prove to be the deciding factor here. I'm sure Rosholt has a good chin but Leben's gonna test it no doubt.

Turning this into a "snoozer" is probably Jake's best chance really though. At the very least he should turn this into a 15 minute wrestling/gnp match.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 am

I was actually cage side for rosholts first fight and saw vid of all his fights.

he is open to getting hit alot and although his hands have improved he is still plodding rather than explosive in stand up. If he gets leben to the ground that is another story, but Jake has shown he is not quick to finish and if he dosnt finish leben when in dominant position one of lebens lead pipe hands could crack the HGH like head of Jake
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Jruq wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:

Turning this into a "snoozer" is probably Jake's best chance really though. At the very least he should turn this into a 15 minute wrestling/gnp match.

I just don't think his game is polished enough that his GnP is going to be very entertaining at this point. Probably more laying on him and controlling him. I'm hoping Leben KOs his ass anyway.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:10 pm

I think he is going to get Leben on the ground and eventually slip enough punches through to get the fight stop. Just my opinion. The kid has a ton of potential.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I think he is going to get Leben on the ground and eventually slip enough punches through to get the fight stop. Just my opinion. The kid has a ton of potential.

Methinks you're a little biased Sooner...
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 pm

I woulda said this was impressive...if he wasnt like the 100th person to do it...
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

bigs jake was at osu not many sooner fans going to love that fact.

now big mo he was ou wrestler and suprisingly not shown tons of love around here
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Cu Bua wrote:

now big mo he was ou wrestler and suprisingly not shown tons of love around here

Ah my bad, I thought he came from OU for some reason.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

Ah my bad, I thought he came from OU for some reason.

I do give love to the State boys too like Randy, Hendricks, Jake and Munoz. Even more so for guys like Matt Grice and Johnny Hendricks who are from Oklahoma.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I think he's only the second guy I've seen do it backwards, so kudos...

Jake's a great wreslter, but damn that neanderthol melon of his is going to be a huge target for Leben. He's a good 'ol boy and I hope he can make a good fight of it with Chris...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:40 pm

This is Leben's first fight back isn't it?

I think Jake wins by TKO and I am hoping we see improved standup. Athletes of his caliber can add standup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards   Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards Empty

Back to top Go down

Jake Rosholt jumps out of a 3ft pool forwards and backwards
Page 1 of 1