Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao

Go down 
+4
marbleheadmaui
UBeeg9cats
dmar5143
Aiolos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao Empty
PostSubject: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 pm

one of my favorite boxing writers doug fisher wrote in his mail bag that margarito was not the beast that he once was after his recent wars. now how does doug fisher know this? well doug fisher before he went to the ring use to be the editor at maxboxing who was really close to the margarito camp, part of that was because steve kim who is still a writer there is a huge huge margarito fan. also the board moderator was actually part of team margarito. now doug fisher had reported on his mailbag that margarito actually looked like dog sh.it in the gym and just wasnt the same beast that can give it and take it. he said he was getting beat up by bums in sparring and just could not take the same punishment.

dave duenez who is a friend of mine who happens to be the host of boxingscenes radio show "leave it in the ring" told me how badly damaged margarito was from that fight. he said he had never seen margarito ever get beat up like that. fights like that ruin you and that has almost always happened in boxing when a fight like that occurred. castillo-corrales, barrera-morales, vazquez-marquez, trinidad-vargas, cotto-margarito, chavez-taylor etc.
after margarito fough cotto it didnt serve him well to go get completely demolished by shane mosley.

now i know some peeps might throw out the "doug fisher said mora won the fight" yeah that was out of left field i know but to be honest i believe that was part of him trying to make floyd's mosley win worthless. see for people that dont know doug fisher is a NOTORIOUS FLOYD HATER, he just wanted to make floyd's win look worthless.

another that gets thrown out is how margarito is the bigger man, yeah i understand that but i believe it becomes a moot point because while margarito is the bigger man he is not in his prime anymore.

another thing to note is how margarito best punch is basically gone now. if any of you guys saw his last fight he didnt really throw his left uppercut anymore.

i just cant see it happening

Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:00 pm

we will find out if what you say is true..many times in the past ive seen and so have others fighters that looked awfull in a fight after they took the fight before a beating yet somehow redeamed themselves with 3 or 4 very good performances in a row..i would not be shocked if margo beats pac..maybe some of us are thinking of the margo of 3 years ago..this will be a tough fight for manny...
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm

It comes down to if AM's chin and workrate are still where they used to be. If they are, he has a great chance. If they aren't, he gets what he deserves for trying to load his gloves. IMO the fight that "ruined" Margarito was the Cotto fight. Cotto landed brutally clean shots on him for most of the fight. It gets glossed over because of AM's tarnished reputation but that fight was even going into the 11th. Both those guys have never been the same since that fight.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm

The size difference is so dramatic I think Margarito has a chance. Cotto and Clottey both left Manny marked up. If Margariot has anyhting left how does he NOT mark Manny up?

Does Margarito have anything left? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
The size difference is so dramatic I think Margarito has a chance. Cotto and Clottey both left Manny marked up. If Margariot has anyhting left how does he NOT mark Manny up?

Does Margarito have anything left? I have no idea.
cotto and clottey defense > margarito defense

and to begin with margarito has no defense anymore because his chin is gone

he will be getting hit more than cotto and clottey

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am

I wouldn't, factor in the size difference,new weight for Manny and of course Margarito's granite chine. And lets not forget Pacquiao has one leaky defense.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

I think Margarito is on his way out, Pac beats him up like he did Oscar
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:58 am

gomez1012 wrote:
I think Margarito is on his way out, Pac beats him up like he did Oscar
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:01 pm

That may be true but it's not like Manny's face was unscathed after his two welterweight fights. For all we know 154lb could ruin all of Manny's amazing assets.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 pm

I just feel he'll have a way easier time landing on Margarito then he did vs Clottey/Cotto

Margarito looked damn slow vs Roberto Garcia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Margarito's face is a walrus with a target on it's back, but he gets away with it because of his alien chin.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:14 pm

If Margarito isn't shot, and can land that left uppercut, then Manny gets cut and rocked.

Was Margarito shot against Mosley or were the rumors of him struggling like hell to make weight a big part of it??? He did look so so in the comeback fight but he had alot of ring rust and a non-threatening opponent.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

dougie fisher, while at Maxboxing, and at Ringtv.com, has done reports on training camps/gym wars. He goes and visits and sees guys spar and train on occasion.

He isn't Dan Rafael sitting in an office only writing about what promoters, fighters, and tv channels tell him. In defense of Mr. Twinkie, there isn't prime gyms in Northern Virginia where he lives (but then again he isn't that type; he likes to feel full of himself by conversing with the big promoters and HBO, etc...; he really doesn't have a feeling for how fighters live, train, etc... or the ability to really break down fights).

Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 pm

This is the last chance for Margo; he knows that I think, so I expect the fight to start fast and end pretty quickly. If he's really done he'll get taken out fast, his only chance is to hurt or cut Pac early and press for the stoppage.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Tobe, for margarito, it can't be a fast fight. He doesn't get started early. Against Cotto, PW, Clottey, etc... he came out and was behind after the first few rounds. He comes on in the 2nd half of a fight.

If he can do any bodywork int he first half of the fight, survive Pac's onslaught (and not be hurt bad by it), and keep coming forward, then he has a shot at doing something late.
Back to top Go down
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I wouldn't, factor in the size difference,new weight for Manny and of course Margarito's granite chine. And lets not forget Pacquiao has one leaky defense.

that chin is gone

margarito vs cotto & margarito vs mosley = margarito's chin is gone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao   i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao Empty

Back to top Go down

i would be shocked if margarito beats pacquiao
Page 1 of 1