Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
LA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i almost put Pete WIlliams in an above because for a kid that just took it up cause his budddy did it he accomplished alot however, I really eel like he should have been a champion so perhaps he did underachieve

good point randy

He kind of fell off after his KO of Coleman.It was great seeing Coleman get his ass kicked,we owe Pete a debt of gratitude for that alone.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 pm

completely agree Randy in fact Pete dropped a close fight to TK right after beating Coleman then bounced back strong, he could have beat Randleman IMO he just had an off night performance

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 am

Birdofthad wrote:
completely agree Randy in fact Pete dropped a close fight to TK right after beating Coleman then bounced back strong, he could have beat Randleman IMO he just had an off night performance

Coleman takes a knee to the chin and shakes his head as if it didn't hurt and is immediately KTFO with a kick.Priceless.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 am

hahahah that really was priceless

Its funny cause whenever my boxing coach was running late pulling a Floyd Mayweather Sr ruitine Pete would wrap my hands for me, I remember he was training for a Dan Severn fight and got the Coleman fight on like weeks notice I was like oh no, then watching that fight , you nailed it

really the moment for me was the minute between overtime, Bohlander teling him go knock the shit out of him, OT starts Williams walks right to Coleman and I dont think Coleman had moved 1 inch

that Knee is classic, if you watch closely, Coleman shakes his head saying no that didnt hurt, Pete throws a jab or 2 and then points at his head saying "Im Smarter" then BOOM

kick felt round the world

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:12 am

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:14 am

Must have been a privilege to have known Pete and the boys.Ever get a chance to spar or roll with him?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks for the video Bird.For some reason I always disliked Coleman,and never tire of that KO.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 am

no I was only 9 to 14 when i was around all of them so mostly me doing stuff with them consisted of guy Mezger telling me to try and hit him and him weaving all my stuff haha

Its funny all those guys were nothing but nice especially Pete, Guy, Tra Teligman and Alex Andrade who was sadly the first guy DQd in a UFC fight , Pete is know a chef and on facebook he said he actually got a part in the new Pirates of the Carribean movie
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 am

heres what i was really trying to find , still cant find one where Pete points to his head
http://hiphopbeef.ning.com/video/top-10-most-brutal-knockouts
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 am

Coleman was out before he hit the canvas.Come to think of it,I think the knee hurt him more than he led on.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 am

Birdofthad wrote:
no I was only 9 to 14 when i was around all of them so mostly me doing stuff with them consisted of guy Mezger telling me to try and hit him and him weaving all my stuff haha

Its funny all those guys were nothing but nice especially Pete, Guy, Tra Teligman and Alex Andrade who was sadly the first guy DQd in a UFC fight , Pete is know a chef and on facebook he said he actually got a part in the new Pirates of the Carribean movie

It's a funny thing about fighters damn near every one I've met has been personable as well.Even Tony Ayala Jr,go figure.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 am

haha damn Ayala Jr surprised he didnt shake ya down

I agree, they are nice as they get for the msot aprt, only one that wasnt personable was Kirkland and Tank Abbott

I think the thing that set the Den ahead of everyone back then was they gameplanned, back then it was guys just trying to work their bread and butter like Gracie saying ok ill submit you, Coleman just GNPing you, Abbott going for home run KO

they were the first to say ok heres what hes gonna do, what do i need to do, like Ken vs Severn 1 with the sprawl guillotine, Maurice Smith letting Coleman gas himself same with Pete vs Coleman

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:57 am

Howard Cosell was a jerk.Holyfield seemed like he couldn't be bothered when I approached him at an Amatuer boxing event at the Olympic Training Center.That's been about my only less than favorable encounters with boxers and the people who cover it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 am

its funny how Coseell has been turned into an icon when he seems like nothing more than a jerk

apparentlywhen the Ali Frazier scuffle happened before the show Cossell had promised Eddie Futch that he would sit between them, of course Cossell has them sitting next to each other, after the rucus apparently Futch went up and told Cossel he was a crooked man or something like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:   Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters that fought/fight below their potential and fighters/fight above it:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2