Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Pacman loses...

Go down 
+5
hardcoreBEE24
flapanther2001
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

If Pacman loses... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 am

Quote :
...marble again the 2 semi trolls are here asking a question that they feel that threw there expertise which is zero that they know the anser..if pac loses yes he still would be a big draw..1 million ppvs is a huge thing..how many fights have done that..manny does speak english...manny will not stick around to lose 4 out of 6 figts...there stuff is fille with troll like holes...chuck iceman lindell marble is there legend.one of them..i saw him fight 4 times and 3 times he got koed with the first punch he got hit with...change the name from ice man to glass jaw please...
whos boxings next big draw..we dont know..will in the future a fight or 2 or 3 doo huge pvs yes.will a new star emerge.of course..like manny pac in the wings emerging into a mega star another will come along..25 years from now there will be nooo such thing as ufc or mma..boxing will be there..

I don't know who is worse, this guy, or the people who said this guy was a smart person somewhere deep down behind the incoherence. This forum is so fun to play in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
...marble again the 2 semi trolls are here asking a question that they feel that threw there expertise which is zero that they know the anser..if pac loses yes he still would be a big draw..1 million ppvs is a huge thing..how many fights have done that..manny does speak english...manny will not stick around to lose 4 out of 6 figts...there stuff is fille with troll like holes...chuck iceman lindell marble is there legend.one of them..i saw him fight 4 times and 3 times he got koed with the first punch he got hit with...change the name from ice man to glass jaw please...
whos boxings next big draw..we dont know..will in the future a fight or 2 or 3 doo huge pvs yes.will a new star emerge.of course..like manny pac in the wings emerging into a mega star another will come along..25 years from now there will be nooo such thing as ufc or mma..boxing will be there..

I don't know who is worse, this guy, or the people who said this guy was a smart person somewhere deep down behind the incoherence. This forum is so fun to play in.

Agreed. I have never seen him write 1 intelligent comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:00 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
...and with Mayweather's value taking a significant hit for numerous reasons, what becomes the next million buy fight for US boxing? No turning this into another discussion about how modern fighters suck, fight promoters suck, old fighters were better, boxing is dying, boxing is not dying, elves who stick bananas in their asses or any of the usual conversations this turns into.

Strictly, which fighters take over on PPV if this happens?

Pacquiao and Mayweather won't go anywhere. Margarito's stock will skyrocket. Him fighting Cotto or Martinez would be huge. The Super 6 has the potential to create a PPV star. Amir Khan can take off if he fights and wins. Haye could get in the ring with a Klit and if he wins, he's a mega star. And promoters will be forced to build more fighters into PPV attractions (instead of a PPV card relying on 1 huge star, they'll have to showcase more up and coming talent or interesting match ups while more guys establish themselves).

So to answer your question, there are a few who could take over. But when a sport's biggest attraction goes down, it obviously sets the sport back a bit. A recent MMA example for you is that Frankie Edgar has nowhere near the amount of fans or drawing power as BJ Penn. Does that mean the lightweight division is dying? Or does that mean that other guys will step up and fill the void until another extraordinary talent pops up somewhere else or Frankie proves himself to be that talent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

If there were only 1 belt for each division there would be a lot more stars. You'd become a star just by being ranked in the top 5.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

Easy - the Pac vs. Margo rematch is the next big fight if somehow Pac loses.

Boxing is an international game; you don't need Americans to make a big event (but it dosent hurt).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 am

Tobe06 wrote:

Boxing is an international game; you don't need Americans to make a big event (but it dosent hurt).

Actually you do. It's where all the big money is and good fighters fight.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:15 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

Of course you need the US audience, what I meant was American fighters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:20 am

Do you honestly think the American public is going to want to see 2 non Americans fight. I know the proper boxing fans will but not the casual fan.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:24 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Do you honestly think the American public is going to want to see 2 non Americans fight. I know the proper boxing fans will but not the casual fan.

I seem to recall one or two people at the Pac vs. Clottey fight, and I expect there'll be a few at the Pac vs. Margo fight as well. Neither one is American. In general, sure, it's easier to sell an American fighter to an American audience, but what I'm trying to get at that US fans know boxing is an international game, and they'll come out to support stars like Pac who deliver what they're looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:37 am

Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I seem to recall one or two people at the Pac vs. Clottey fight, and I expect there'll be a few at the Pac vs. Margo fight as well. Neither one is American. In general, sure, it's easier to sell an American fighter to an American audience, but what I'm trying to get at that US fans know boxing is an international game, and they'll come out to support stars like Pac who deliver what they're looking for.

I meant if Pac loses a couple of fights.

Last edited by freakzilla316ftw on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am

An international fighter would lose his popularity much quicker with a couple of losses than an American would.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:45 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I meant if Pac losses a couple of fights.

Ok, so assuming Pac retires or something, who's next? Gamboa? Khan? Berto? Pascal? None of those guys is American either.

My point stands - American fans like good fights and good fighters, and they don't necessarily have to be Americans (just think about all the Mexican, Puerto Rican, Argentinian, Colombian, British, etc. fighters through the years).
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
An international fighter would lose his popularity much quicker with a couple of losses than an American would.

Yeah, that's probably true. Still, guys like Hatton seem to get a few more chances in big fights than they really deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Yeah, that's probably true. Still, guys like Hatton seem to get a few more chances in big fights than they really deserved.

Hatton got two chances: Mayweather and Pacquiao. He earned Mayweather and he was the next guy in line for Pacquiao at the time (especially because it could be used as a measuring stick to Mayweather).

Any exciting fighter will be supported in the US. If they're not as exciting in the ring, they'll need a big personality, but people get behind great boxers.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Hatton also could guarantee a massive amount of Brits to come over and fill seats when he fought in the US.

He deserved the chances. He brought a ton to the table from a business perspective and he was Ring champ at 140.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Tobe06 wrote:

I'd respond by challenging you to read my original premise, which pre-supposed this reality and qualified the question to American PPV stars.

So far the answers I am mostly getting are "donno, but it will be somebody". Sounds like the leaderless, lost opinions of most true death metal fans for the past decade when discussing who or what would lead us out of the br00tal/metalcore abyss. Dark days. No dawn in site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

That's not the case anymore, you can fight in Soccer stadiums in Europe and make more money than the American networks or gates pay you.

Germany and Britain are starting to become the most lucrative center for boxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Didn't stop them going to watch a Filipino vs a Brit and Ghanian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

I'd respond by challenging you to read my original premise, which pre-supposed this reality and qualified the question to American PPV stars.

So far the answers I am mostly getting are "donno, but it will be somebody". Sounds like the leaderless, lost opinions of most true death metal fans for the past decade when discussing who or what would lead us out of the br00tal/metalcore abyss. Dark days. No dawn in site.

I've already agreed that this is the case in America, but in other countries the sport is thriving.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 pm

raise your hand if you think wolf is an idiot when it comes to boxing??

cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

I've already agreed that this is the case in America, but in other countries the sport is thriving.

I know all this. I've been saying that since this site first started here. I live in America though, so the health of the sport here is what concerns me.

Bird I used to be the only one who'd talk about Max Baer and old boxing with you, before the forum grew to what it is today. I may not know as much about modern boxing, but I know enough. (how is this different from the dearth of reasonable opinions we get from you regarding modern MMA?) Get the fuck off your high horse. I am asking questions and trying to discuss things here, and have never said my opinions are iron clad fact. Outside of this group-think clique mentality, otherwise this forum has developed into a nice boxing community. I am trying to take advantage of the knowledge at hand here.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:36 pm

good point wolf
i gotta go drown in a bottle my ducks look like shit
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:40 pm

no need to drown. The ducks always have another day. And tonight there is Gamboa/Salido and Rios/Peterson.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm

well were lookin a lil better 6-0 Tenn but we just had a good drive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

I know all this. I've been saying that since this site first started here. I live in America though, so the health of the sport here is what concerns me.

Bird I used to be the only one who'd talk about Max Baer and old boxing with you, before the forum grew to what it is today. I may not know as much about modern boxing, but I know enough. (how is this different from the dearth of reasonable opinions we get from you regarding modern MMA?) Get the fuck off your high horse. I am asking questions and trying to discuss things here, and have never said my opinions are iron clad fact. Outside of this group-think clique mentality, otherwise this forum has developed into a nice boxing community. I am trying to take advantage of the knowledge at hand here.

I am shocked by this response, is that really you Wolfie ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Pacman loses...   If Pacman loses... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If Pacman loses...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next