Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:58 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145749

Quote :
"I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write.

"After 25 years, I have decided to leave DREAM THEATER... the band I founded, led and truly loved for a quarter of a century.

"To many people this will come as a complete shock, and will also likely be misunderstood by some, but please believe me that it is not a hasty decision...it is something I have struggled with for the last year or so....

"After having had such amazing experiences playing with HAIL!, TRANSATLANTIC and AVENGED SEVENFOLD this past year, I have sadly come to the conclusion that I have recently had more fun and better personal relations with these other projects than I have for a while now in DREAM THEATER.

"Please don't misinterpret me, I love the DREAM THEATER guys dearly and have a long history, friendship and bond that runs incredibly deep with them... it's just that I think we are in serious need of a little break.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Can't believe there were no replies to this. One of the greatest progressive bands of all-time loses its most valuable member and no one cares. What a shame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Can't believe there were no replies to this. One of the greatest progressive bands of all-time loses its most valuable member and no one cares. What a shame

Don't take this the wrong way bobbit but I've honestly never heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I care, i just don't have much to say on it since i kind of drifted away from Dream Theater in 2005.

They didnt release anything i disliked or anything, but kind of got lost in the shuffle of the billions of artists i listen to.

It's a bummer but it's not like Dream Theater best years werent behind them and we didnt get what was it...over 20 years of Dream Theater?

Note: when i say best years are behind them, i don't mean it like they are washed up and not coming fresh or anything.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I felt like 2 of their last 3 albums were some of the best work they had done in a while. Its more like the end of an era thing that kinda just stings inside (although I do think he'll return in a couple years I'm sure). The other part that sucks is that even though they've been around for a while they were still hands down one of the best live acts out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater   Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Portnoy quits Dream Theater
Page 1 of 1