Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him

Go down 
+3
Canvas
Hillsicc303
gomez1012
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him Empty
PostSubject: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/maidanas-letter-to-the-wba-59272

Quote :
Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 8, 2010

Dr. Gilberto Mendoza
WBA President
Mr. Gilberto Jesús Mendoza
WBA Executive Vice-President
Vía e-mail

Dear Dr. and Mr. Mendoza,

Trust this letter finds you and your families very well.

The reason I am contacting you guys is to request the World Boxing Association (WBA) to ratify my status of mandatory challenger of the current WBA Super Lightweight Regular champion, Amir Khan, as I am the current WBA Super Lightweight Interim champion.

I make this request in the light that Mr. Khan has systematically refused to fight with me for the last 10 months, even though he was well aware of his obligation of facing the Interim champion. And now, apparently he is questioning such obligation, so I would like the WBA to remind him.

In fact, I have been as flexible and patient as possible during this period of time, as Mr. Khan, his team and trainer Freddie Roach have always cited different excuses not to fight me. On the contrary, I make it clear that I have been always willing to face Mr. Khan, who has made false statements on the media mentioning otherwise.

Eventually, I got tired of this situation in which I had to read surprinsing statements on the news where Mr. Khan himself and his team tried to confuse the boxing fans and media by saying a bunch of lies, including an alleged offer that they made to me to fight last July, which in reality never existed, whatsoever.

If Mr. Khan does not want to fight me, he must say it loud and clear in public and give away the portion of the title he carries and I should be appointed the WBA absolute Super Lightweight champion.

Therefore, I ratify my willingness of facing Mr. Khan before the end 2010.

Many thanks for your kind attention,

Best wishes,
Marcos René Maidana

CC
Richard Schaefer – Golden Boy Promotions
Eric Gomez – Golden Boy Promotions

Last edited by gomez1012 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm

A bunch of shit between these two, make the damn fight already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 pm

I am getting sick and tired of Maidana's constant whining, just accept the offer you've got to face Khan already.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Tired of fighters NOT fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Not a fan of Khan at all.

But how can we believe anything Maidana says. This is the same guy who faked a back injury to get out of the Bradley fight. Then came back later and said there was no back injury, but was having problems with his promoter. Hmmm...

Either way, this guy is just another one of the new school guys who don't seem to want to fight anybody...
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:43 am

I think I understand why he is doing this. I forgot that an interim champ gets a much higher purse split than a mandatory. So if the WBA ordered a bid, Maidana would receive a 45-55 split rather than only 25-75 that he would get as a mandatory.

Khan wants Maidana to take short money because technically he still has a couple of months until his mandatory period has expired and he is overdue.

Maidana is saying to the WBA that Khan has already fought his optional defense and he realistically cannot squeeze in another optional and still fulfill his mandatory defense in time. So Maidana is banking on the WBA ordering the fight to be made and thus giving him more leverage in purse split negotiations.

I understand where both sides are coming from.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Great point Canvas

Who knows GBP could be backing him on this as well to get the fight done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I am getting sick and tired of Maidana's constant whining, just accept the offer you've got to face Khan already.
I think this fight will happen. This seems like a power play from the maidana camp to get more money.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:36 pm

from the WBA rules:

When a Champion in Recess returns after
having overcome to the satisfaction of the Championships Chairman whatever obstacle that
caused his inactivity, the Association may order a title bout between the Champion in Recess and the Interim Champion, if one exists, or against another boxer designated by the Committee. A Champion in Recess
cannot defend his title as Champion in Recess, and may lose his status if he boxes anyone other
than the Interim Champion.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The disgusting WBA seems to be violating their own rules by allowing Khan to continue to defend what is essentially the "champion in recess" title against challengers other than the interim champion.
-----------------------------------

from the WBA rules:
The boxers’ Purse shall be distributed as
follows:
a. 75% to the Champion and 25% to the Challenger.
b. 50% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or elimination bouts.
c. 55% to the Champion in Recess and 45% to the Interim Champion, in the
event of such a bout.

If the Champion in Recess or Interim Champion is
unwilling to participate in a contest to determine a sole champion in the division, he will lose his
portion of the title, with the willing champion becoming the recognized Champion of the
division. If both the Champion in Recess and the Interim Champion refuse to participate in a
required fight, both shall lose their titles.

Within sixty (60) days of the expiration of the
mandatory defense period, a World Champion may not fight a boxer who is not the Mandatory
Contender, or the next highest ranked boxer (if there is no Mandatory Contender), nor may a
designated contender fight during the same period for anything other than the championship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

how long ago did Khan win the WBA trinket?

Last edited by Canvas on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Canvas wrote:
from the WBA rules:

When a Champion in Recess returns after
having overcome to the satisfaction of the Championships Chairman whatever obstacle that
caused his inactivity, the Association may order a title bout between the Champion in Recess and the Interim Champion, if one exists, or against another boxer designated by the Committee. A Champion in Recess
cannot defend his title as Champion in Recess, and may lose his status if he boxes anyone other
than the Interim Champion.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The disgusting WBA seems to be violating their own rules by allowing Khan to continue to defend what is essentially the "champion in recess" title to challengers other than the interim champion.
-----------------------------------

from the WBA rules:
The boxers’ Purse shall be distributed as
follows:
a. 75% to the Champion and 25% to the Challenger.
b. 50% to each contender in the case of vacant titles or elimination bouts.
c. 55% to the Champion in Recess and 45% to the Interim Champion, in the
event of such a bout.

If the Champion in Recess or Interim Champion is
unwilling to participate in a contest to determine a sole champion in the division, he will lose his
portion of the title, with the willing champion becoming the recognized Champion of the
division. If both the Champion in Recess and the Interim Champion refuse to participate in a
required fight, both shall lose their titles.

Within sixty (60) days of the expiration of the
mandatory defense period, a World Champion may not fight a boxer who is not the Mandatory
Contender, or the next highest ranked boxer (if there is no Mandatory Contender), nor may a
designated contender fight during the same period for anything other than the championship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

how long ago did Khan win the WBA trinket?
Nice, It sounds like Maidana will get what he wants huh?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah the problem is the villainous WBA is littered with clauses that basically say that the president has the discretion to ignore certain rules and do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

Khan could apply for a "special permit" for instance (along with it's $12000 fee). A special permit is basically yet another blanket term for the president to make shit up as he goes as long as the promoter pays him. It's disgusting.

Who takes the WBA seriously again?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Ali

Since both Khan and Haye are WBA champs! hahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Maidana's greedy nature has been exposed.

Wouldn't accept an offer to face Timothy Bradley and is now demanding more money against Khan.

He's not even a draw.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 pm

So if this falls apart who is GBP going to put in there?

I really doubt Ortiz fights in November after Harris bout

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Wouldn't accept an offer to face Timothy Bradley and is now demanding more money against Khan.

He's not even a draw.

why should he take short money when he is entitled to a 45 split as interim champ and Khan is overdue and in violation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:18 pm

It will be Victor Ortiz, they'll either scrap the Harris fight altogether or Ortiz might come through unscathed.

His Harris fight is September so that's plenty to get ready for December unless Victor gets a nasty cut or injury.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 pm

yes I think ortiz could be ready for Dec.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Khan should just ditch the paper title, fight whoever takes his terms in December, and then challenge the Bradley/Alexander winner for the world championship next spring.

But we know how the British press goes ga ga for the WBA trinket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Canvas wrote:
Khan should just ditch the paper title, fight whoever takes his terms in December, and then challenge the Bradley/Alexander winner for the world championship next spring.

But we know how the British press goes ga ga for the WBA trinket.

The British press and Sky Sports view all of the trinkets as a major world title Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Khan made several points on why there is trouble in the negotiations. The biggest point appears to be a claim, and one that we've heard several times over the last few weeks, about Maidana pricing himself out of the fight. He said Maidana doesn't have a valid complaint to involve the WBA because the mandatory is not due for several months.

"Hearing about this bullsh*t that Maidana is saying! I will fight him anywhere. The only reason I want [the] UK is because I want my home fans to see me knock him out and my last fight was in [the] U.S." - Khan wrote in reponse to Maidana.

"Maidana will make his biggest purse in this fight. What he is asking for is three times more than he made against [Victor] Ortiz, [Victor] Cayo, and when he was destroyed by [Andriy] Kotelnik! I wil give him a lot more than [what he made in] his last fight."

"But still he is complaining. Maidana isn't my mandatory fight so it can't even go to purse bids, but yet I am still giving him the fight now. December 11th, I have a date. Let's get it on. This is the real truth."

Not much later, Khan would give Maidana a "take it or leave it" ultimatum. He told the puncher from Argentina to be reasonable with his financial demands or their fight won't happen.

"If Maidana doesn't talk a reasonable purse then I'll make other options. I'll give an example.....if I went to Floyd Mayweather and said 'I'll fight you but I want $15 million' - and he refuses it....does that make him scared of me? NO, he'll say 'talk reasonable!' So Maidana talk reasonable," Khan fired off.

"And Maidana running to WBA, that's bullsh*t. If he did, the first thing they would say 'Amir has his options open to fight anyone, until his next mandatory which is months away.' But I'm telling you I want to fight Maidana December 11th. I have a TV date and people want this fight to happen."

"Let's end this topic about crybaby Madonna....oops I mean Maidana. His name should be Madonna the way he's finding excuses not to fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30776

The good thing is if the fight happens they'll promote it with the back and fourth trash talking, and they'll be bad blood come fight night.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

He's not even a draw.

why should he take short money when he is entitled to a 45 split as interim champ and Khan is overdue and in violation?

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
It will be Victor Ortiz, they'll either scrap the Harris fight altogether or Ortiz might come through unscathed.

His Harris fight is September so that's plenty to get ready for December unless Victor gets a nasty cut or injury.

Nope, unless Ortiz blasts Harris away in under 4, I dont see him fighting right back in December

They are already promoting the hell out of that card, they wont drop a So Cal Mexicano from that PPV, they need him on there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:41 pm

18th September to 11th of December is plenty time for a young guy like Ortiz.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:06 pm

It is, but not for today's boxers, it ISNT
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 pm

I read Khan's comments, and they are contrary to the regulations of the WBA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him   Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him Empty

Back to top Go down

Maidana to WBA: Khan doesnt want to fight me, strip him
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next