Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mixed feelings on Boise St.

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
SOKO
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
oggy420
Birdofthad
LTFG
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Mixed feelings on Boise St. Empty
PostSubject: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

I have heard a lot of complaining about people saying that it's not fair that Boise St. has such an easy path to the BCS title game. While I agree to a point that it's a bit frustrating that they get one solid test followed by a virtual D-2 quality schedule the rest of the way, I also think if they run the table and are first or second they deserve to be in. One of two things will be accomplished with them in the title game... They will either show up and pull the biggest "fuck you" in the history of college football, or they will fail miserably making the BCS look more inept than it already does. I have a feeling that they will get tripped up by an Oregon St., Nevada or Louisiana Tech, but I'm actually kind of pulling for them to go unbeaten (Yes, I'll root against Oregon St.) so that they will face an Alabama, Texas, Ohio St. or Oklahoma in the title game where they stand a good chance of being blasted off the field by 5 TD's. I think at this point in college football, the biggest positive for us detractors is that the BCS continues to be made more pathetic every day so we can drop that system altogether and either get an 8 team playoff or at worst return to the old Bowl system.

And what a story it would be if they do run the table and pull out a win in the title game, giving the whole country a big double middle finger...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

i hate them they have the most pathetic schedule to be considered for the title its a slap in the face to teams from tough conferences

VT wont even be a top 15 team by end of the year, jsut watch, and Oregon state will be 25 or nothing

I hate them so much i will root for the beavers
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Hey Bird... What'd you think of that 72 point beatdown Saturday? I wasn't nearly as impressed by Thomas as I was Barner. I think James' spot might not be so secure right now. It'll be interesting to see how the Ducks play against a college squad. Too bad they have Tennessee next... lol
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

if they win out in impressive fashion then i dont see how you cant give them the BCS Championship game.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

What's not fair is college football slaps the fans of the sport in the face every year with their mockery of a post season and crowning of a fake national championship. The BCS thing is exposing it. A system designed to keep the elitists paid and everyone else down is backfiring because some non-aq schools have become too good for that sham to work. There is no good reason why Boise shouldn't compete for the national title if they run the table in the regular season again, or any top team for that matter from any conference in the division.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:25 pm

THomas looked meh but i would rather have him than Costa in, Barner has always been a stud nothing new, I just think what would James have done? he would have hit 300 rushing against that crappy team

i think we will kill Tennessee

we could have easily broken 80 or 90
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Dont hate the player, hate the GAME
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:58 pm

yep and alabama can go undefeated and lose the SEC champion game and still sit behind boise state. This is bullshit. Fucking ohio state and boise state very well could play in the big game with out playing hardly anyone. GO LONGORNS AND BULLDOGS. I refuse to beat a dead horse any longer.....good day
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:15 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I have heard a lot of complaining about people saying that it's not fair that Boise St. has such an easy path to the BCS title game. While I agree to a point that it's a bit frustrating that they get one solid test followed by a virtual D-2 quality schedule the rest of the way, I also think if they run the table and are first or second they deserve to be in. One of two things will be accomplished with them in the title game... They will either show up and pull the biggest "fuck you" in the history of college football, or they will fail miserably making the BCS look more inept than it already does. I have a feeling that they will get tripped up by an Oregon St., Nevada or Louisiana Tech, but I'm actually kind of pulling for them to go unbeaten (Yes, I'll root against Oregon St.) so that they will face an Alabama, Texas, Ohio St. or Oklahoma in the title game where they stand a good chance of being blasted off the field by 5 TD's. I think at this point in college football, the biggest positive for us detractors is that the BCS continues to be made more pathetic every day so we can drop that system altogether and either get an 8 team playoff or at worst return to the old Bowl system.

And what a story it would be if they do run the table and pull out a win in the title game, giving the whole country a big double middle finger...

I don't think there is a team in the country capable of blowing out Boise. Too well coached and they have plenty of talent
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i hate them they have the most pathetic schedule to be considered for the title its a slap in the face to teams from tough conferences

VT wont even be a top 15 team by end of the year, jsut watch, and Oregon state will be 25 or nothing

I hate them so much i will root for the beavers

They'll smack OSU just like they did Oregon last year. Don't fuck with Boise on the blue turf
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:19 pm

yea they sure smacked us with a 10 point win in a new coaches debut
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:35 pm

BCS SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 pm

361 to 152 total yards and had the ball for over 42 minutes of the game. It was a physical one-sided beatdown. Just be thankful you don't have to play them again this year birdman
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 am

Bring it on bitches...the fact remains that Boise has never faced a defense as good as OSU's.

Dont give me any crap saying Va Tech or Oregon has as good of defenses because you would have to be RETARDED to believe that.

They've also never faced an athlete like Terrelle Pryor with that kind of size and speed, and his throwing ability has improved somewhat. ALSO, our O-Line would be better than any they've ever played against.

Y'all are just a buncha OSU haters, I cant WAIT for us to go undefeated and prove you guys wrong...AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:57 am

Mixed feelings on Boise St. 8z2ntv

Self explanatory

Mixed feelings on Boise St. 060102_fiesta_hmed_6p.h2

Shitty ass Notre Dame gettin run on by MY Buckeyes the last time Notre Dame was even good enough for a bowl game.

Mixed feelings on Boise St. N91280880262_375 Just for hatin on my bucks =P lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 am

Has anybody on here even said anything about Ohio State?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 am

sokolkevin wrote:
yep and alabama can go undefeated and lose the SEC champion game and still sit behind boise state. This is bullshit. Fucking ohio state and boise state very well could play in the big game with out playing hardly anyone. GO LONGORNS AND BULLDOGS. I refuse to beat a dead horse any longer.....good day

And I misunderstood your post the first time reading it Bobbitt lol I thought when you said OSU you meant ohio state when you meant Oregon state...my fault.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 am

Lol no prob I just couldn't tell if you were fucking around talking shit or if you thought somebody was bashing Ohio State
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lol no prob I just couldn't tell if you were fucking around talking shit or if you thought somebody was bashing Ohio State

Well, Sokol was talking shit, but I was just messin around with those pics lol
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:45 am

you still owe me a av regret.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

The hell I do, we bet on two games the last time I checked, not one.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:44 am

two games for one av? that dosent make sense. fine double or nothing i guess.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 am

VT blew that game from the start. Play that game in the middle of the season instead of 1st game and VT blows them out. Sucks because that may look like a top 10 win but that wasn't a top 10 team they beat that night. Lucky SOBs.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:03 am

josh200612 wrote:
two games for one av? that dosent make sense. fine double or nothing i guess.

I figued if it went 1-1 it was just gonna be a stalemate.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 am

fine with me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mixed feelings on Boise St.   Mixed feelings on Boise St. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixed feelings on Boise St.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next