Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas

Go down 
+3
Diego408
Birdofthad
gomez1012
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 pm

HUGE let down
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 pm

1. Born and raised in Los Angeles...

2. Never been a big fan of 2pac. Good rapper, but just not my cup of tea...

3. He was basically in awe of the stupid L.A. gang life. He was a wannabe, many people from the actual neighborhoods didn't like how he flipped the script from East Coast, to West Coast, from Northern Cal to Southern Cal, to running with the 60's(Thug Life) to running with the hounds(bloods) in Compton with Suge...

4. You run with those type of people, something bad is bound to happen to you sooner or later. It just comes with the territory...

5. IMO, he's no different than the countless people that have been gunned down by street violence. Never want to see anybody die, but 99% of these people put themselves in those situations...

Lastly. I didn't care for the show.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 pm

It was a letdown, was way off on some parts. The whole kids rapping or doing poetry in the ring was awkward and horrible! I thought Bruce died last year or so? Didn't he get shot by his nephew or am way off?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:05 pm

all i know is i easily know the worst part of 30 for 30

those shitty def poetry raps
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
all i know is i easily know the worst part of 30 for 30

those shitty def poetry raps

+1

Killed the doc

Rourke really stood out in it though lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 pm

There have been some truly awesome 30 for 30s and this one had a lot of potential. Tyson is incredibly interesting. Tupac is incredibly interesting. And showing how their lives intertwined and intersected and the impact of that night would have been incredible. Even just exploring their relationship would have been interesting. I could go on with a long list of issues I had, but the thing that upset me is that it failed at story telling when a story was already there...

I hope someone will re-explore this in a documentary in the future because I think there is a great story there.

Hillsicc303 wrote:
1. Born and raised in Los Angeles...

2. Never been a big fan of 2pac. Good rapper, but just not my cup of tea...

3. He was basically in awe of the stupid L.A. gang life. He was a wannabe, many people from the actual neighborhoods didn't like how he flipped the script from East Coast, to West Coast, from Northern Cal to Southern Cal, to running with the 60's(Thug Life) to running with the hounds(bloods) in Compton with Suge...

4. You run with those type of people, something bad is bound to happen to you sooner or later. It just comes with the territory...

5. IMO, he's no different than the countless people that have been gunned down by street violence. Never want to see anybody die, but 99% of these people put themselves in those situations...

The thing about Tupac is that he was incredibly talented. As an artist and as a thinker. So you can obviously compare his death to anyone else's who got caught up in gang violence, but that's the extent of the similarities. The reason his death was different is because his affect on the world when he was alive was so immense. He absolutely was not a wannabe.

I think if the documentary somehow managed to show Tupac and Tyson as flawed geniuses/prodigies given too much too soon and trying to balance too many different lifestyles and influences, and showed how everything came to a head and exploded in a single night this could have been a brilliant work. I wouldn't mind if it was bad, but there was so much wasted potential here that it's sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas   Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight - ESPN 30 for 30: One Night in Vegas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2