Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight

Go down 
+3
NoRegret
SOKO
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight Empty
PostSubject: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 am

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/18/randy-couture-would-be-very-interested-in-a-fight-with-lyoto-machida/
“I’m very intrigued by him and his style and what he’s done. He’s so patient, he doesn’t care what the crowd is saying. He’s gonna fight the way he’s gonna fight and he doesn’t [care]. He’s been very successful at it and I’ve enjoyed watching him. He’s got a very unique fighting style and he intrigues me. That’s a fight I would be very interested in. At some level you have to meet a guy and step onto his turf a little bit to engage him to lead him away. It would be very interesting to see what that would take.”
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 am

I would love to see Captain America take a crack at it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:43 am

He is a master game planner but if brock and chuck can catch him I will be damned if the spider cant. Randy has the strength to pin him up against the cage and abuse him with the clinch and take it to the ground. Randy reminds me of hendo minus the iron chin. would be interesting at this point why not. I want to see belfort vs anderson as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:48 am

sokolkevin wrote:
He is a master game planner but if brock and chuck can catch him I will be damned if the spider cant. Randy has the strength to pin him up against the cage and abuse him with the clinch and take it to the ground. Randy reminds me of hendo minus the iron chin. would be interesting at this point why not. I want to see belfort vs anderson as well.

Randy vs Machida, not Randy vs Spider. Randy has a nice game plan vs Brock and was doing well before he was clipped in the back of the head. He is more of a threat to Machida then just about anyone at LHW.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 am

Machida would destroy him
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

Randy vs Machida, not Randy vs Spider. Randy has a nice game plan vs Brock and was doing well before he was clipped in the back of the head. He is more of a threat to Machida then just about anyone at LHW.

Gameplanwise maybe, but toolwise I'm not so sure. Randy would not be able to touch Machida on their feet striking and would probably just end up chasing him. He may be able to steal a round with some good wrestling, but the chances he finishes Machida are slim to none and the chances he could win 3 out of 5 rounds is pretty doubtful as well. This would look like Tito vs. Machida, only without Randy bitching that he keeps running.

Imo Rampage and Shogun are bigger threats, with Shogun being the biggest.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am

I disagree, I think Randy would own Tito right now. He is much better at controlling his opponent IMO. He also hits harder then Tito and like you said has a much better game plan.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:12 pm

randy would have no chance.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Randy would get KO'd inside two rounds at his age.

Enough of this shit Randy, be serious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Machida via Unanimous decision
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight   Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy Couture "very interested" in a Machida fight
Page 1 of 1