Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..

Go down 
+2
marbleheadmaui
dmar5143
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. Empty
PostSubject: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:16 pm

a huge majority of todays fighters are inflicted with this illness..its a massive alergy to fighting..ward and dittrel attempting to back out of a fight..paul -ill fight anyone from 147 to 168-has not yet signed to fight martinez..haye has had several attacks of this when the K brothers are mentioned soo does valuez..floyd feels avoiding fighting with his extra long vacations is a cure..abraham and fronch feel its widespread in the other fighters hometown..bradley and alexander think its spread by paydays under a million and a half..angulo feels fighting for a real middle title for 5 times the money that hes worth is a major cause..these are just a tiny example of the various types of this illness..the most common like the common cold is limiting yourself to fighting two times a year or once every year and a half.....berto feels like alexander or bradey its excepting a fair payday instead of a hbo overpayment....a few fighters thus far a adamek the K brothers have yet to catch this contagious illness..hmm maybe its the water in eastren europe or manny pac and the waters near the orient that prevents this deadly illness of todays fighters..

whatever the cause..its widespread..maybe most of them should take up another occupation..a real job that pays 15 dollars or less an hour..thats what there qualified for...fighters there not.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

I just don't know what to make of it.

It seems like someone threw a switch on the sport about 15 years ago and this kinda crap has become more and more common.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 pm

it has been noticably worse in the past few years.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:28 pm

i think that money has ruined a lot of sports. i dont mind big money fights but only for the true elite fighters. i think that pac and mayweather are the only fighters that should make over a million in a fight. a few other fighters like marquez or mosley (maybe not anymore) could make a case for making a million or so but the rest of these fighters like bradley, khan, alexander, ward, dirrell, abraham, froch, and tons of others should only be making a hundred thousand or so.

these fighters dont deserve so much money because they arent anywhere near elite boxers but they want elite boxer salary.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Khan, Abraham, and Froch, should make big money!!!

All 3 of those guys draw big crowds back home, and have local networks that show their fights. They earn their money. HBO, Showtime, etc... have a choice with them. They are in essence bidding against the big money these guys can make locally.

HBO and Showtime don't have to overpay for other guys. They are bidding against themselves. When they pay Berto 1.5 million dollars, and no other tv network would pay 1/3 of that amount, then they are idiots.

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:39 pm

IF HBO told Berto they wouldn't pay him more than 300,000 for a fight, he would scoff at it. but Showtime probably isn't paying him a lot more as he isn't a huge draw (tv ratings wise) and he won't draw anyone to the fight.

Let his dumb ass sit around for a while with no one willing to grossly overpay him!!! Eventually, he'd wake up and fight for a reasonable amount.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:40 pm

if hbo and showtime would just stop paying boxers that much money then things would get fixed because eventually the fighters would have to take a fight. if they didnt want to then a new batch of boxers would come up and do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 pm

The mentality of these young fighters today is disgraceful, I just don't know what to make of it.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
i think that money has ruined a lot of sports. i dont mind big money fights but only for the true elite fighters. i think that pac and mayweather are the only fighters that should make over a million in a fight. a few other fighters like marquez or mosley (maybe not anymore) could make a case for making a million or so but the rest of these fighters like bradley, khan, alexander, ward, dirrell, abraham, froch, and tons of others should only be making a hundred thousand or so.

these fighters dont deserve so much money because they arent anywhere near elite boxers but they want elite boxer salary.
Bob Arum was once asked why Gerry Cooney doesn't fight that often. His response was, "It's hard to get rich white kids in the ring." I think big money should be reserved for big fights, period. Manny and Floyd included. Sure, Floyd should make more money on a regular basis than an average fighter, but no 10 or 5 million dollar paydays unless you're fighting someone who the public wants to see. / Not changing the subject. Just keep in mind that I'm no conspiracy buff. That said, I think the PPV profits are being jacked up to fool people. I suspect that money is passing through PPV gates which have nothing to do with the actual profits. It's called "washing money." Just a hypothesis which I happen to believe in. I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

People make fun of the "U Fight Cheap" and I'm no fan of MMA; but there is something to be said about the value of a single organization to get fights made. Would be nice to have that stability in boxing, at least from a fan's perspective.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 pm

4445Frank wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Bob Arum was once asked why Gerry Cooney doesn't fight that often. His response was, "It's hard to get rich white kids in the ring." I think big money should be reserved for big fights, period. Manny and Floyd included. Sure, Floyd should make more money on a regular basis than an average fighter, but no 10 or 5 million dollar paydays unless you're fighting someone who the public wants to see. / Not changing the subject. Just keep in mind that I'm no conspiracy buff. That said, I think the PPV profits are being jacked up to fool people. I suspect that money is passing through PPV gates which have nothing to do with the actual profits. It's called "washing money." Just a hypothesis which I happen to believe in. I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Huh. Never occurred to me. But for that to be true companies like Direct TV (John Malone) and Time Warner and Dish (Charlie Ergen) all have to be in on it. Sounds like a reach. Those two guys are billionaires. This is chump change for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..   FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY.. Empty

Back to top Go down

FIGHTITIS A COMMON WIDE SPREAD DISEASE TODAY..
Page 1 of 1