Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most Overated MMA Fighters

Go down 
+9
Cu Bu
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
r3dman7630
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
WinstonSmith
Birdofthad
OU
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Most Overated MMA Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Which MMA fighters do you think are overated?

I think Cain Velasquez is good but overated. He beat a shot Big Nog and people are giving him a good chance against Brock. Brock will destroy him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Brock Lesnar hands down.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:16 pm

James TOney

5 to 1

shoulda been 500 to 1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Others:
King Mo
Kenny Florian
Manvil the anvil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
James TOney

5 to 1

shoulda been 500 to 1

Lol. I thought he was 5,000,000 to 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:19 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Brock Lesnar hands down.

He's clearly and fairly the champ. How can he be overated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
James TOney

5 to 1

shoulda been 500 to 1

Also I said MMA fighter. I don't think we should start calling Toney that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Brock Lesnar hands down.

The super human, BROCK SMASH! He can take down and beat up anyone mentality that delusional fans say about the guy. As far as fans go he is the most overrated athlete to ever walk the planet.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Brown
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Although I have followed and admired him from the beginning,Vitor Belfort may fit in this category.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Brown

the 2nd two are great adds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Brock Lesnar hands down.

The super human, BROCK SMASH! He can take down and beat up anyone mentality that delusional fans say about the guy. As far as fans go he is the most overrated athlete to ever walk the planet.

He has beaten Shane Carwin, Frank Mir and Randy Couture in his last 3 fights. That proves he's the best right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Lil Nog is overated also.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Brown

Not sure about Cro Cop in his earlier days,but it is clear is best days left him a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:28 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Brown

Not sure about Cro Cop in his earlier days,but it is clear is best days left him a long time ago.

Yeah but in order to be overrated he has to first be rated. CC isn't getting any love right now for any kind of rankings. I think more people think he is shot then that he will ever get a shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Brock Lesnar hands down.

He has beaten Shane Carwin, Frank Mir and Randy Couture in his last 3 fights. That proves he's the best right now.

Yeah he beat an overrated version of himself, and overrated Mir and an old Randy fighting out of his WC.....please forgive me if I don't declare him God of MMA and bow to his endless power like the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

CroCop is not overated because no one rates him anymore (besides Wolf).
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Brown

Yeah but in order to be overrated he has to first be rated. CC isn't getting any love right now for any kind of rankings. I think more people think he is shot then that he will ever get a shot.

Agreed.I'm not sure if he can even get his kicks above his opponents chest any longer,and his chin is a liability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Brock Lesnar hands down.

Yeah he beat an overrated version of himself, and overrated Mir and an old Randy fighting out of his WC.....please forgive me if I don't declare him God of MMA and bow to his endless power like the rest.

Randy Couture was the number 2 heavyweight in the world at the time and people were dying to see him fight Fedor. Mir is top 10 heavyweight right now and Carwin is top 5.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Randy wasn't any better when fought Brock then he today. Is Randy a top 5 HW today? Just because the division was so weak then doesn't mean Brock is the unstoppable force to be fear by all mankind. Carwin is top 5 RIGHT now...let's wait until the dust settles on him and we can go over this objectively. Mir? He is currently struggling to stay relevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Randy wasn't any better when fought Brock then he today. Is Randy a top 5 HW today? Just because the division was so weak then doesn't mean Brock is the unstoppable force to be fear by all mankind. Carwin is top 5 RIGHT now...let's wait until the dust settles on him and we can go over this objectively. Mir? He is currently struggling to stay relevant.

Mir irrelevant? why, because he lost to 2 top 5 guys? Randy looked awesome in 2007 and 2008. You can't deny that. Only Brock and Fedor can beat Carwin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Alistair Overeem is overated by some people also.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
James TOney

5 to 1

shoulda been 500 to 1

why not the UFC allowed him in there cage with no fights sounds like an mma fighter to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
James TOney

5 to 1

shoulda been 500 to 1

why not the UFC allowed him in there cage with no fights sounds like an mma fighter to me

I said it in a joking manner. Computers don't convey humor tongue
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Overeem, any of the British fighters who have their names thrown about, King Mo are the names that come to mind. I would say Fedor of the last five years, but someone would bitch for not including the 5 years prior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated MMA Fighters   Most Overated MMA Fighters Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Overated MMA Fighters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next