Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
captain organic
MMAEYES
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? Empty
PostSubject: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:42 am

Most Overated= ?

Most Underated= ?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 am

Most underrated is Bisping imo
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

I think we all found out who had overrated striking during the last ppv- Cowboy, and I'm a big fan of his to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 am

You think his striking is more overrated than Rampage's?

I was thinking Bisping and Mir for most underrated.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

Atleast to me yeah Cowboys striking was more overrated than anyone I can think of. I mean he was a undefeated kickboxer, Looked great on the feet usually. Maybe it was just me but I fell for it.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 am

And I disagree that Rampage has overrated striking, he's always been a good boxer with alot of power. He might not have a recent KO but I think thats more because his opponents are successfully avoiding his power.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Atleast to me yeah Cowboys striking was more overrated than anyone I can think of. I mean he was a undefeated kickboxer, Looked great on the feet usually. Maybe it was just me but I fell for it.

I wouldn't give up on Cerrone too fast. For one Diaz is a excellent striker. 2nd, I think the idea that Cowboy had been fighting too much over the past year is a legit one, and it would not be unexpected to see that come out against a high tempo/high stamina guy like Nate.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:20 am

Overrated - Jones

Underrated - Sonnen (I think he shocks some people versus Bisping)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Overrated - Jones

Shocked
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? 9k=
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Overrated - Jones

Shocked

Not that I don't think his striking is good, but I don't think his striking alone is elite. I think Overeem or JDS put him to sleep in a boxing or K1 fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am

freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Overrated - Jones

Shocked

Freak u should not be shocked by irrational dislike of Jones.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I wouldn't give up on Cerrone too fast. For one Diaz is a excellent striker. 2nd, I think the idea that Cowboy had been fighting too much over the past year is a legit one, and it would not be unexpected to see that come out against a high tempo/high stamina guy like Nate.

I don't mean to say that I think his striking sucks now it's just nowhere near the level I thought it was and I don't think stamina had anything to do with it, Cowboy wasn't tired at all he was just getting his ass kicked and had no answer for it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Overrated - Jones

Shocked

Not that I don't think his striking is good, but I don't think his striking alone is elite. I think Overeem or JDS put him to sleep in a boxing or K1 fight.

But no one puts Jones striking on their par. Not too mention he'd be giving up 30 lbs vs Reem.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Overrated - Jones

Shocked

their not in the same fucking weight class, what da fuck u talking aboot?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am

look who Jones went through last year, this is one of the most ridiculous posts ive seen from you Farmer... god damn! disgusting, brah
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

MMAEYES wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I don't mean to say that I think his striking sucks now it's just nowhere near the level I thought it was and I don't think stamina had anything to do with it, Cowboy wasn't tired at all he was just getting his ass kicked and had no answer for it.

I don't think he was so much tired as it was just not being at his peak. Not having that little extra.

And I do think Stamina(and chin) play a role in that, where as Cerrone could typically overwhelm a fighter once they lose their initial edge, that's not happening vs Diaz.

And I for one never thought Cerrone was an elite striker anyway, good, and def a very tough guy, but I prob viewed him as a step below Diaz in this dept to begin with.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

Overrated- GSP
Underrated- Condit
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I don't think he was so much tired as it was just not being at his peak. Not having that little extra.

And I do think Stamina(and chin) play a role in that, where as Cerrone could typically overwhelm a fighter once they lose their initial edge, that's not happening vs Diaz.

And I for one never thought Cerrone was an elite striker anyway, good, and def a very tough guy, but I prob viewed him as a step below Diaz in this dept to begin with.

Thats a good point, your right about that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

I'm not a Jones fan but the guy is arguably the best MMA fighter in the world and no one has ever put his striking up with Overeem and JDS. To say his striking is overrated is crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:38 am

OU wrote:
Overrated- GSP
Underrated- Condit

Oh no he didn't!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 am

OU wrote:
Overrated- GSP
Underrated- Condit

Now that I can roll with Thumbs Up you know whats up OU!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 am

Daley's striking was ridiculously overrated by Rogan, didn't he claim his striking was sensational or something ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am

I think Rogan compared Terry Martin to Mike Tyson before.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:53 am

Ali wrote:
Daley's striking was ridiculously overrated by Rogan, didn't he claim his striking was sensational or something ?

ha, I don't think we should be using Rogan's in fight analysis to value that fighters skills.

But I think Daley is a good striker. Certainly a dangerous one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?   Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Overated and Underated MMA Strikers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next