Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth Empty
PostSubject: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 pm

If article from boxingscene is correct then you have a couple of delusional camps.

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com was advised by a reliable source that promoter Gary Shaw made an offer of $1.1 million to WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley for a unification showdown with WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander. HBO has reserved the date of January 29 for the possible fight. To date, Shaw has not received a response to that offer from the Bradley camp.

I've heard Alexander has yet to receive any offer from his promoter, Don King. The offer from King could be higher, or lower, than the offer presented to Bradley. It really depends on the amount King plans to keep for himself. While some of it is speculation, it's safe to assume that $1.1 million may not be enough to get the fight done for either side.

Last week, Alexander's manager/trainer Kevin Cunningham made it clear to BoxingScene.com that both fighters deserved to get a bigger number than what Amir Khan was able to earn for his May fight with Paulie Malignaggi. Khan reportedly cleared at least $1.1 million or more.

"Devon and Tim both deserve more than what Khan received for the Malignaggi fight. This is the most highly anticipated fight besides Mayweather-Pacquiao. I think they know they need to come correct with their offer," Cunningham said.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Not delusional. Just business.

Amir Khan gets 1.1 mill for his fight with Paulie.

Bradley-Alexander is a much bigger fight so they're gonna want more than what Khan got in a fight with nowhere near the importance of Bradley-Alexander.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Wait a minute, two mediocre welterweight draws are being offered a million each and they aren't crawling across broken glass to sign?

The most highly anticipated fight other than Manny-Floyd? What the hell is Kevin Cunningham smoking?

Either get in the ring guys or we have other people we can watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Wait a minute, two mediocre welterweight draws are being offered a million each and they aren't crawling across broken glass to sign?

The most highly anticipated fight other than Manny-Floyd? What the hell is Kevin Cunningham smoking?

This fight lost all appeal when Alexander looked like shit to me. Anyone else feel that way.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:44 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

This fight lost all appeal when Alexander looked like shit to me. Anyone else feel that way.

I think it is still a fight that should be made. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I think it is still a fight that should be made. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it that's for sure.

I would rather see about 10-15 fights more than this one. Hell I would rather see Khan vs Maidana and its in the same division.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:46 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I would rather see about 10-15 fights more than this one. Hell I would rather see Khan vs Maidana and its in the same division.

Now you bugging. Lets hear the 10-15 fights.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Khan can command a big figure for a reason. If HBO doesn't want to pay it he can go back to England, put a big number of Brits into the seats and make a killing. And worldwide, Khan is a much bigger star than Alexander or Bradley. I hate that fact but it is a fact.

Alexander vs Bradley might do fine in St. Louis, but I seriously doubt Bradley would be willing to fight there. Anywhere else and it is a tough sell that isn't going to do a huge gate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:52 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

1. Pac vs Floyd
2. Wlad vs Haye
3. Vitali vs Haye
4. Cloud vs Pascal
5. Bute vs Pascal
6. JMM vs Pac
7. Khan vs Maidana
8. Maidana vs Bradley
9. Bradley vs Khan
10 Gamboa vs Juan Ma
11. Montiel vs
12. JMM vs Katsidis
13. Pac vs Berto
14 SM vs PW
15. Cintron vs PW rematch

I have more than that. Like I said Alexander is the problem with this matchup now. He is not going to be able to compete with Bradley and the fight lost its appeal.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:54 pm

10-15 other fights. I didn't make the statement but here goes:

Khan vs Maidana
Cotto vs Angulo
Lopez vs Gamboa
Gamboa vs Caballero
Caballero vs Lopez
PW vs Martinez II
Marquez vs Pac III
Bute vs Pascal
Montiel vs Donaire
Donaire vs Vic II
Mosley vs Berto

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:57 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Montiel-Donaire
Montiel-Darchynian
Montiel-Moreno
Moreno-Darchynian
JuanMa-Chris John
Yoriorkis-John
Juanma-Yoriorkis
Caballero-John
Caballero-Gamboa
Caballero-JuanMa
Bute-Ward
Ward-Abraham
Bute-Abraham
Williams-Martinez II
Dawson-Cloud
Cloud-Pascal
Wlad-Vitali
Haye-Adamek
JMM-Manny III
Bradley-Kahn
Kahn-Maidana
Bradley-Maidana

How many is that?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 pm

I guess im in the minority. But y'all bugging.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:01 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:

It's all taste of course.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:05 pm

It is taste. Bradley's fights are not that entertaining.

While Alexander has footspeed and handspeed, his last fight showed that he has no idea how to box. He goes straight back, has no head movement, and is there to be countered.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:06 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

And my taste trumps all!

Floyd vs Pac is the only fight i would put above it

Bradley-Alexander along with the fights you guys mentioned are probably on the same level. For me anyways.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm

If I am HBO I give a number for the fight that is not negotiable. It isn't as if Bradley and Alexander are going to make more doing the fight on showtime or PPV.

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

We disagree Slick, but nothing wrong with that. We can disagree. Its all good.

The one fight that Marble mentioned that I would place number 2 right now is:

Wlad vs Vitali. It will never happen but one can dream.

Wlad fights safety first in most fights. He doesn't take chances. Vitali has to wear guys down as he doesn't have the natural talent or pure punching power of Wlad.

These guys are competitive. Reports were their sparring sessions were rather spirited. I have a sneaky suspicion that Wlad's aggression level would be much higher versus his brother than anyone else.

Vitali would be able to take some shots and keep after baby bro. That would be a HW fight worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Bradley and Alexander combined can't draw what Khan does from the UK alone.

I predicted this fight would fall apart.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:
We disagree Slick, but nothing wrong with that. We can disagree. Its all good.

The one fight that Marble mentioned that I would place number 2 right now is:

Wlad vs Vitali. It will never happen but one can dream.

Wlad fights safety first in most fights. He doesn't take chances. Vitali has to wear guys down as he doesn't have the natural talent or pure punching power of Wlad.

These guys are competitive. Reports were their sparring sessions were rather spirited. I have a sneaky suspicion that Wlad's aggression level would be much higher versus his brother than anyone else.

Vitali would be able to take some shots and keep after baby bro. That would be a HW fight worth seeing.

Agree on all counts. The thing is, who could effectively ref that fight? Jonathan Ogden maybe?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

And my taste trumps all!

Bradley-Alexander along with the fights you guys mentioned are probably on the same level. For me anyways.

LOL, of COURSE it does. Don't get me wrong, it IS a fight that should be made. But the idea that it somehow is a BIG fight? Just not what I see. But what do I know? I picked Manny to lose five of his last six fights.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

And my taste trumps all!

LOL, of COURSE it does. Don't get me wrong, it IS a fight that should be made. But the idea that it somehow is a BIG fight? Just not what I see. But what do I know? I picked Manny to lose five of his last six fights.

lol, you and me both. the little fella is amazing
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 pm

a big fight for fans between 2 talented but yet very very raw fighters..a classic case of bullshit..my guys worth as much as kahn for example so we should get more for this fight..a common mistake used in all of sports by agents and now promoters..you paid xyz so much and my guys that good..even if you overpaid that guy.i forget the name but in a undercard one world class fighter was paid 60 thousand..opps it was the old pro that fought cloud..these guys are worth 15 times glen johnson..thats what id say..your overpaid..like everyone said kahn can go to england paulie m sells out a major venue in the garden or jersey every time..where can you draw..in st louis and 8000 folks..hmm.time for hbo say thats it guys..goo somewhere else.1.1 million is still big bucks..see you later.for that i can get glen johnson 10 times in ten fights..dam i think ill do that..by bradley.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 pm

fill that jan 29th date with sergio-williams or cotto -williams or kahn -madiana..you just may get more viewers with them..
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
a big fight for fans between 2 talented but yet very very raw fighters..a classic case of bullshit..my guys worth as much as kahn for example so we should get more for this fight..a common mistake used in all of sports by agents and now promoters..you paid xyz so much and my guys that good..even if you overpaid that guy.i forget the name but in a undercard one world class fighter was paid 60 thousand..opps it was the old pro that fought cloud..these guys are worth 15 times glen johnson..thats what id say..your overpaid..like everyone said kahn can go to england paulie m sells out a major venue in the garden or jersey every time..where can you draw..in st louis and 8000 folks..hmm.time for hbo say thats it guys..goo somewhere else.1.1 million is still big bucks..see you later.for that i can get glen johnson 10 times in ten fights..dam i think ill do that..by bradley.

All this kind of stuff makes me look at the Virgil Hill approach in a new light. He built a fan base in Bismarck, sold out in front of 8000 fans every time for 20-25 fights, fought good guys there and made decent paydays.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:52 pm

like dmar said,

Glen Johnson (defeated Tarver and Jones on the world stage) has to fight on ESPN2 for 12 grand and beat a top 15 contender just to get the opportunity to challenge a world class young lion like Cloud for a paltry $60 grand.....

and these relatively unknown snot nosed punks think $1.1 mill each isn't good enough ??? to hell with them...let them sit on the sidelines with Winky waiting for a big fight that never comes....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth   Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth Empty

Back to top Go down

Bradley and Alexander delusional about their worth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next