Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vera still delusional

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Vera still delusional Empty
PostSubject: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:27 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16085/ufcs-dual-division-hopeful-brandon-vera-wants-the-world-to-know-his-name.mma

Disappointing back-to-back losses to Fabricio Werdum and Tim Sylvia led to a drop to 205 pounds, and Vera's stated goals of earning titles in two divisions appeared to be forgotten.

Not so, Vera recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio), for those seeking great reward must overcome great challenges.

"[Winning titles in two divisions] is always the ultimate goal," Vera said. "Everybody's always like, 'You're crazy. Why would you do that? Those guys are huge.'

"Especially that one dude – what's his name? Todd Duffee? That's a big boy. He was pretty impressive."

Vera said he's used to the doubters, but he likened the challenge to a scene from the 2004 movie 'Troy.'

"The only way I can explain it to everybody or people who think I'm crazy or whatever – my parents thought I was crazy when I first told them I wanted to fight in the UFC – is my most favorite scene in the movie, I think it was 'Troy,' when the little boy went into the tent, and Brad Pitt was in there with two women and said, 'They are calling me for war,'" Vera said. "(The boy said), 'He's a big man. I wouldn't want to fight him.' Then Brad Pitt told the little boy, 'That's why the world will never know your name.'

"That's the easiest way for me to explain it when people tell me that I'm crazy that I want to fight light heavyweight and heavyweight division. I'm concentrating on one right now, but it doesn't mean that my eye isn't on the prize, on that end goal."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Vera is a warrior. Stop hating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Vera is a warrior. Stop hating.

Doesn't change the fact that he is beyond delusional. Do you think he will ever hold a title in the UFC? Can he hang with the elite at either weight class right now? Is this just what you refer to as "assbabble" coming out of his mouth?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Shouldn't all fighters have it their goal to be champion? So what should he say then? "I'm a career gate keeper and am cool with that?"

And if Machida wasn't around Vera could certainly be champion. His pedigree and ability isn't significantly lower than Rampage, Evans, Forrest, Thiago or any of the other guys hanging around 205.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Shouldn't all fighters have it their goal to be champion? So what should he say then? "I'm a career gate keeper and am cool with that?"

And if Machida wasn't around Vera could certainly be champion. His pedigree and ability isn't significantly lower than Rampage, Evans, Forrest, Thiago or any of the other guys hanging around 205.

So I will take your answer as a round about way of saying. "No he will never win a belt in the UFC". I'm not saying you have to go out there and say "Yeah I just hope I can stay around". But come the fuck on, this has to be the definition of "assbable". No shit everyone WANTS to be champion. It will always be a dream for Vera, never a reality.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Vera is a shade below a career gate keeper
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:18 pm

A shade below? Come on you're the delusional one LA. If Vera has no right to say he'd be champion neither does anyone else at 205.

Vera is as good as anyone not out of blackhouse in the division.

You fags are just looking for reasons to nitpick.

We need to make a rule about threads whining when this fight or that fight says something in hype of themselves or a bout coming up. It's pathetic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
A shade below? Come on you're the delusional one LA. If Vera has no right to say he'd be champion neither does anyone else at 205.

Vera is as good as anyone not out of blackhouse in the division.

You fags are just looking for reasons to nitpick.

We need to make a rule about threads whining when this fight or that fight says something in hype of themselves or a bout coming up. It's pathetic.

Come on Wolf don't be such a fucking retard. Who the fuck are you to make any rules? Can you really talk shit with some of the topics you have posted? News flash smart guy it was a slow day in MMA news. Some people like me an Jrug will talk about almost any MMA topic that comes up. Stop being so fucking high and mighty and thinking your opinion is any better then the rest.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:24 pm

three threads in the last day about this fighter or that fighter saying something that pisses everyone off. It's out of hand. Highbrow discussion and opinions only please. Standards my man, standards.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
three threads in the last day about this fighter or that fighter saying something that pisses everyone off. It's out of hand. Highbrow discussion and opinions only please. Standards my man, standards.

Just shut the fuck up and post on what you care about. Don't dictate on what others can discuss. Geez smart guy it was a slow fucking day. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 pm

What if the topic I want to post about is how fucking dumb it is for people to criticize fighters they dislike for shit every fighter should be saying and the exact same shit the fighters they like say? Can I post on that topic?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm

He has lost his killer instinct and will get owned by a good hw wrestler. He better focus on the 205rs cause he has not ompressed me as of late.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What if the topic I want to post about is how fucking dumb it is for people to criticize fighters they dislike for shit every fighter should be saying and the exact same shit the fighters they like say? Can I post on that topic?

Yeah go ahead and fucking post it, just don't think you have any right to tell people what they can or cannot talk about. If it isn't something you wish to talk about then don't fucking talk about it. Jesus Christ Wolf it isn't that fucking hard to understand. Some people post here to past time at work. If there is no MMA new you take what you can get. You post on whatever the fuck you want and let others do the same. Just don't bitch because you don't agree with the topic of discussion. Just move the fuck on to something that interest you.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:14 pm

ahahahahahah pissed are we?
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:46 am

A tentative striker that's afraid to get hit should never be referred to as a "warrior". That fight was a lot closer if you watched it without listening to Rogan and Goldy slurping Vera's nuts.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Not really. The fight looks even if you look at Fight Metric or something but Vera was hardly hit at all. He was never in danger at any point Polish had nothing for him. Vera was better in every aspect of mixed martial arts. Outclassed entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vera still delusional   Vera still delusional Empty

Back to top Go down

Vera still delusional
Page 1 of 1