Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th

Go down 
+10
4445Frank
nano212
marbleheadmaui
Hillsicc303
captainanddew
victor879
Canvas
dmar5143
powerpuncher
gomez1012
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th Empty
PostSubject: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 pm

According to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, a potential fight between WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal and veteran Bernard Hopkins could possibly take place on December 18 on HBO. Discussions for the fight have been favorable, says Schaefer. Pascal (26-1, 16 KOs) has given his promoter, GYM, the green light to make a fight with Hopkins (51-5-1, 32 KOs). The date of December 18 appears to work for both parties based the schedules of HBO and Canadian television.

"Actually, I had a very good conversation with Pascal's promoter, and, you know, I have to say that things are looking pretty good," said Schaefer. "We actually talked and we'll talk again. One date that was mentioned because of the availability in Canada was Dec. 18."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30427
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Fucking HBO, probably paying Hopkins a ton for this crap

Ill be rooting for Pascal

This could be Taylor-Hopkins all over, quick-strong boxer fighting in spurts over Hopkins well timed counters
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:06 pm

i dont even want this match to happen
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 pm

i wish hopkins would go away..there are other fights involving pascal the fans would not mind seeing including a dawson rematch..ill not watch this one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:20 pm

I'll watch the fight but I ain't entirely thrilled about it, but it's Pascal's who wants it and he's allowed a big fight after upsetting Dawson.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Pascal will have his hands full with Bernard.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Not a smart move by Pascal.

Agree with Canvas: He is going to have his hands full with Hopkins.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Pascal threw almost nothing alot of rounds vs Dawson. A few flurries here and there and alot of posturing.

When pascal steps in to throw a flurry BHOP isn't going to back up, rather he will keep his guard high, and go forward to tie up immediately and maul. Dawson stood there and covered up or went straight back. Neither was very smart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Maybe the fact the fight being held in Montreal will benefit Pascal, that way he'll have a ref who'll disrupt Hopkins mauling style.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Ref probably will try to disrupt the mauling of BHOP; many have tried, but few have been successful at that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ref probably will try to disrupt the mauling of BHOP; many have tried, but few have been successful at that

Apart from Mills Lane Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 pm

HBO is pathetic!!! How are they even thinking about airing this fight? Hopkins is done!!! HBO needs to get out of the bed with GBP and tell them to go shove it.

Pascal should be fighting Cloud, Dawson, or Bute... PERIOD!!!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:43 pm

BHOP probably wins this fight. Man that is depressing.

Watching some footage of Pascal vs Dawson again. Not only will BHOP step in and maul Pascal when the flurry is coming, but also Pascal's footwork isn't the greatest. BHOP will use some old school tricks and spin him.

Boring BHOP fight coming. If we get lucky Pascal lands enough and BHOP goes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hillsicc303 wrote:
HBO is pathetic!!! How are they even thinking about airing this fight? Hopkins is done!!! HBO needs to get out of the bed with GBP and tell them to go shove it.

Pascal should be fighting Cloud, Dawson, or Bute... PERIOD!!!

That BS deal lasts through end of 2011....stuck with crap like this until then....
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't understand the antipathy for BHOP. He needs to be beaten into submission in order to retire it seems.

Until someone can do that shouldn't we be marveling at him?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
I don't understand the antipathy for BHOP. He needs to be beaten into submission in order to retire it seems.

Few reasons I think fans dislike Hopkins today:

-Avoided Adamek and Dawson when HBO ponied up the $ for the bouts
-Roy Jones rematch after Roy was crushed by Danny Green
-Doesnt make for action friendly fights
-"I will never let a white boy beat me"
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Few reasons I think fans dislike Hopkins today:

-Avoided Adamek and Dawson when HBO ponied up the $ for the bouts
-Roy Jones rematch after Roy was crushed by Danny Green
-Doesnt make for action friendly fights
-"I will never let a white boy beat me"

I hear all of that. I do. I STILL marvel at the guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 pm

The main flaw of Bernard is he went back on his word even when he swore to his mother before she passed.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

No question, he's still competing at the highest level, regardless of how he's doing it
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
The main flaw of Bernard is he went back on his word even when he swore to his mother before she passed.

Another thing fans wont forget
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Wait a minute, I'm supposed to judge a fighter based on in-family promises?

Geeze, remind me to cross Ali and Ray Leonard and Jack Johnson and a gazillion others off my list.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

No question, he's still competing at the highest level, regardless of how he's doing it

And that's just about all I care about. I'm not competent to judge his personal life or beliefs unless they conflict with mine.

Just the way I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Wait a minute, I'm supposed to judge a fighter based on in-family promises?

Geeze, remind me to cross Ali and Ray Leonard and Jack Johnson and a gazillion others off my list.

Yeah but wasn't Bernard's mother on her death bed when he swore he'd never fight again ?
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

If it's on HBO I am okay with the fight! Pascal should make a couple of bucks off the fight! Bhop is an old fart that is still doing his thing, I have a feeling that Pascal will win but look horrible in the fight and Bhop will still campaign for a shot at Haye next year!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 pm

BHO's fights are boring. That is why I want to see him go away. Yes, even at his very advanced age he still has craft (which he might display against the raw Pascal). I'll be darned if I want to watch him fight anymore.

As for his promise to his late mother:

BHOP was a felon. He got out of jail, had a great boxing career, lived a clean lifestyle, didn't get in any trouble, and from all accounts was very good to his mom. What more can be asked of an adult????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th   Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th Empty

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins likely for Dec 18th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next