Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
dmar5143
4445Frank
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal Empty
PostSubject: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 am

If WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal is looking for a fight, he may have found one in the form of Bernard Hopkins. On August 14, Pascal won an eleven round technical decision over the fighter most experts considered as the top 175-pounder in the world, Chad Dawson. Folowing that win, Pascal called out several names - including Hopkins.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has discussed the fight with Pascal's promoter, GYM. Schaefer says Hopkins is ready to make the fight, and willing to travel to Pascal's hometown of Montreal.

"Pascal called out Bernard Hopkins and I talked to Bernard and Bernard will be glad to oblige and is accepting the challenge. So, I have had a couple of conversations with Don Majeski, the agent for Jean Pascal and so I said, 'Look Bernard is ready, willing and able,'" said Schaefer.

"It's a matter of just packing the bags, and we're ready to travel and go to Canada. Bernard is ready to show it to a young guy again. They call Jean Pascal the king of the light heavweights because he beat Chad Dawson, but I think the king of the light heavyweights is Bernard Hopkins, and he's ready and willing and able to go."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30323

Lucian Bute is another Sven Ottke.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 am

Let's hope Bernard gets his ass kicked this time. I don't care how brilliant his defense is, body positioning, etc. Pascal has too much energy and can steal this fight in the first 5 rounds. Interesting, I personally can't recall Bernard calling out Dawson. I think I know what Hopkins is thinking. He knows he's an exceptional defensive figther and he sees Pascal going all over the place and wasting energy. Once it gets in the later rounds, he thinks he can tear into Pascal and discipline him the way Marco Antonio B. destroyed Prince Nasim Hamed. We'll see. This is one Hopkins fight I'd go out of my way to see. That says a lot considering the egg he laid in the Roy Jones fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 am

For some reason I think that BHOP wins this one. I question Pascal's stamina in this fight.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 am

soonermark890 wrote:
For some reason I think that BHOP wins this one. I question Pascal's stamina in this fight.
Granted, that's what Hopkins is thinking. I'm interested to see if he's right. Hopkins played this game against a very vulnerable "Jermaine Taylor" and lost twice. Pascal is better than Taylor and Hopkins is a little older now. I'll say this. Hopkins and his manager, who ever he is, has been brilliant in matching Bernard up against fighters that were made for him. For all the trouble he had with Joey C., he's done well since Jermaine Taylor. Never dreamed I'd sit through another Hopkins fight and now here comes Pascal and I'm ready to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 am

4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Granted, that's what Hopkins is thinking. I'm interested to see if he's right. Hopkins played this game against a very vulnerable "Jermaine Taylor" and lost twice. Pascal is better than Taylor and Hopkins is a little older now. I'll say this. Hopkins and his manager, who ever he is, has been brilliant in matching Bernard up against fighters that were made for him. For all the trouble he had with Joey C., he's done well since Jermaine Taylor. Never dreamed I'd sit through another Hopkins fight and now here comes Pascal and I'm ready to see it.
Another thing about Pascal is he was hurt against Chad and Chad is no KO artist. I also think his chin is suspect. I honestly think Cloud would KO Pascal. I hope Cloud gets the chance instead of BHOP.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:36 am

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Another thing about Pascal is he was hurt against Chad and Chad is no KO artist. I also think his chin is suspect. I honestly think Cloud would KO Pascal. I hope Cloud gets the chance instead of BHOP.
Agreed. Much more exciting fight and I think you're right. Cloud would get him inside of 12.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 am

4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Agreed. Much more exciting fight and I think you're right. Cloud would get him inside of 12.
Cloud proved himself with the Glen fight IMO. I have not seen Glen hurt like in a long time.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

hopkins yes will travel to montreol..why.cause pascal sells it out..in vegas half the seats go unsold cause hopkins is a fighter most fans dont want to see anymore..he will ride on pascals coattails for a overpaid payday...this fight or any fight involving hopkins i will not watch..hes disgustinly boring..let bo hop and winky go at it in a half filled high school gym on a espn undercard..give the fans a cloud-pascal fight or a dawson rematch..
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 am

Pascal is going to have to fight a different fight to beat BHOP, even THIS BHOP. If he tries that walk around the ring and then dart in every 45 seconds stuff, Hopkins will sidestep him and counter him to death. He'll need to pressure, pressure, pressure BHOP to wear him out.

My guess is even at 48 BHOP beats him.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Pascal is going to have to fight a different fight to beat BHOP, even THIS BHOP. If he tries that walk around the ring and then dart in every 45 seconds stuff, Hopkins will sidestep him and counter him to death. He'll need to pressure, pressure, pressure BHOP to wear him out.

....i agree..or it will be hairline close...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Can BHOP stop Pascal?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Can BHOP stop Pascal?

I'm not sure BHOP could stop Pascal's wife at this point.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 am

dmar5143 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

....i agree..or it will be hairline close...

My guess is either way it is Rosie O'donnell ugly and short hair close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:21 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Can BHOP stop Pascal?

If Pascal fights like he has too in order to beat BHOP does he get so tired that BHOP stops him? Dawson came very close to doing the same thing. I think he might be able to around round 11. I cant believe I just typed that.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Can BHOP stop Pascal?

If Pascal fights like he has too in order to beat BHOP does he get so tired that BHOP stops him? Dawson came very close to doing the same thing. I think he might be able to around round 11. I cant believe I just typed that.

Neither can I lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 am

Hopkins will outbox Pascal if this fight is made, even at 85 Hopkins is still a master technician who'll box Jean's socks off.

If Froch can outbox and outjab Pascal then it should be a walk in the park for Hopkins.

The big question is whether Hopkins will be smart enough to retire with a victory ?
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

Hopkins could beat Pascal, he's by far the better technical boxer and has 100x the experience.

But Pascal is young, fast, awkward and has power - so he could hurt B-Hop. Also, if the fight is in Montreal he could get a decision based on workrate alone; especially if they let Jack Woodburn judge it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

If Pascal retired Hopkins I would travel to Montreal and propose to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:33 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Can BHOP stop Pascal?

Neither can I lol!
For some reason I just have a hunch. I hope I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

Lame

Id rather see Pascal vs Andrade or Dawson rematch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Lame

Id rather see Pascal vs Andrade or Dawson rematch

Me too but Pascal did call out The Executioner.

We could be looking forward to a huge all Canadian showdown but somebody claims they're going to clean out a division Laughing
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

We could be looking forward to a huge all Canadian showdown but somebody claims they're going to clean out a division Laughing

I dont really mind, Bute is doing his thing at 168

Pascal should make another big Montreal showdown with Andrade, Interbox said they have options on his next fight in Canada, hopefully we see that!
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm

I actually hope this fight happens. I kind of enjoy watching Hopkins (though I didn't see his last fight) and it'll be interesting to see him face a young, mobile and speedy guy. I'm not really interesting in seeing Pascal face Bute. Theres plenty of competition for him at 175.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I dont really mind, Bute is doing his thing at 168

Pascal should make another big Montreal showdown with Andrade, Interbox said they have options on his next fight in Canada, hopefully we see that!

#1 Andrade is a supermiddleweight
#2 Pascal is promoted by GYM. Andrade being with Interbox doesn't get the fight made any easier
#3 Andrade has done nothing to earn the shot at Pascal, aside from defeating his 38 year old co-promoter Eric Lucas.

Diaconnu vs Andrade makes more sense(both with Interbox)- the winner to get a shot at Pascal perhaps. I would love to see Andrade vs Miranda., or Andrade vs Froch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 am

I am surprised people are giving Bute a pass for ducking Pascal, it's a big fight boxing desperately needs at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal   Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal Empty

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins is eager to face Jean Pascal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next