Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Go down 
+12
GDPofDRC
captain organic
MMAEYES
4445Frank
OU
marbleheadmaui
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Thomasdrrn09
oggy420
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm

All we ever needed to be, then, now or in the future, is saved from ourselves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
All we ever needed to be, then, now or in the future, is saved from ourselves.

Problem is that any being with the power to save us from ourselves would also, without a doubt, enslave us.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah, probably, we are cursed to be flawed.

I'm gonna keep it simple and change my answer to, The Neolithic Revolution never happening. That might help things a little bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Erase the creation of spiders.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Negative, I like spiders a lot more than flies and skeeters buddy.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Yeah, probably, we are cursed to be flawed.

I'm gonna keep it simple and change my answer to, The Neolithic Revolution never happening. That might help things a little bit.

I'm gonna keep it even simpler and say I'm going to go get some Chinese take-out. TA-DOW!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 pm

touche
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I agree that humans are an evolutionary failure in that we humans have enacted a story in which we believe we are pinnacle of evolution, that the world is here and was made for man, and that we have the inherent right to conquer and rule the world. An idea thought to be capable of reaching utopia as a society. But, the more we think we know and act on it, the more we cause things to collapse because we are flawed.

We don't live by the natural laws of life anymore, by the laws of limited competition, as all other life does. All species who have broken away from these law have gone extinct or become extinct as a result of others who have broken those laws. Our ignorance to this is celebrated daily. The path that led to us becoming known taxonomically as homo sapiens went through by the very laws we now defy.

We don't evolve anymore. We don't adapt. We wage war on the natural process of life. We wage war against the complexity of life. We live in defiance of the natural checks and balances of life. It comes at the expense of, everything.

At least that's what I think.

What do you make of the claim of biologist that not only are we still evolving, but that we are measurably doing it more rapidly than ever before?

http://www.thecreativeleadershipforum.com/creative-leadership-news/2009/1/5/the-future-of-man-how-will-evolution-change-humans.html

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Wuss Wink
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
i couldn't disagree more really. You're saying to sit back and do nothing and just watch as the world falls apart. Sorry but i don't agree with that line of thinking.

Nope. Here's what I am saying. First, DO NO HARM!

Utopians led to HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of deaths in just the last 100 years that books like the one you quoted just pretend didn't happen.

Second, the idea the worlds is in collaps is a cry that began with the Club of Rome in the 1960's and was preached to me when I was in college lo those many years ago. According to that belief system, by now the world would have ALREADY collapsed due to running out of resources, mass starvation and pollution. They were wrong then, ridiculously so, and they are wrong today. A world in collapse doesn't have more human beings than ever before, living longer lives than ever before, wealthier than 99% of ever before and with more people living in freedom than ever before.

Third, we have made ENORMOUS progress over the last century or so by any measure one wishes to choose. It didn't happen because utopians implemented their marvelous ideas. It happened because human beings have embedded within us a desire to achieve and excel. Or at least enough of us do to make a difference. What are the key drivers of that process? Three big things and a bunch of little ones. The biggies include dynamic capitalism in which the price mechanism which assures optimal use of resources, the technological improvements it inevitably leads to and representative governments.

Feel the need to be an activist? OK, but be a humble one. Be always aware of the possibility you may be wrong. Stay open minded enough to change your mind when the data proves you're wrong. Most importanlty don't become a committed ideologue. Keep ALL your beliefs contingent on what you learn tomorrow. Lastly, because you're human, therefore wrong a lot, keep the changes incremental so if you are wrong you cause fixable problems, not catastrophes.

No offense but no one is talking about a utopian world. I am not saying that a perfect society is attainable. What i am saying is that we can drastically improve things. And quite honestly the picture that you paint of the world is very distorted. Maybe things are good for you, where you are in life, but there is A LOT of suffering going on in the world unnecessarily. "dynamic capitalism in which the price mechanism which assures optimal use of resources, the technological improvements it inevitably leads to and representative governments." - It's mind-boggling that you actually believe that. Representative governments? Thats the biggest crock of shit i've ever heard in my entire life. Our government is designed to keep the people at the top of the pyramid comfortable and untouchable while the rest of us poor and working class people get shit on. Capitalism? "Free" Market? Thats call it what it really is. Capitalism in it's very nature is anti-democracy. We live in a world of capitalism with the gloves taken off. Business forces are stronger than ever and more aggressive, and face less organized opposition than ever before.

Our "democracy" in a nutshell: trivial debate over minor issues by parties that basically pursue the same pro-business policies regardless of formal differences and campaign debate.

Basically, democracy is ok as long as the control of business is off-limits to popular deliberation or change, i.e. so long as it isn't democracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Wuss Wink

Lately I've been able to deal with them but when I was younger my phobia was so bad I wouldn't sleep in the same room as them, and Scottish spiders are virtually harmless.

It's the long hairy legs the creep me out.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 pm

oggy420 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
i couldn't disagree more really. You're saying to sit back and do nothing and just watch as the world falls apart. Sorry but i don't agree with that line of thinking.

Nope. Here's what I am saying. First, DO NO HARM!

Utopians led to HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of deaths in just the last 100 years that books like the one you quoted just pretend didn't happen.

Second, the idea the worlds is in collaps is a cry that began with the Club of Rome in the 1960's and was preached to me when I was in college lo those many years ago. According to that belief system, by now the world would have ALREADY collapsed due to running out of resources, mass starvation and pollution. They were wrong then, ridiculously so, and they are wrong today. A world in collapse doesn't have more human beings than ever before, living longer lives than ever before, wealthier than 99% of ever before and with more people living in freedom than ever before.

Third, we have made ENORMOUS progress over the last century or so by any measure one wishes to choose. It didn't happen because utopians implemented their marvelous ideas. It happened because human beings have embedded within us a desire to achieve and excel. Or at least enough of us do to make a difference. What are the key drivers of that process? Three big things and a bunch of little ones. The biggies include dynamic capitalism in which the price mechanism which assures optimal use of resources, the technological improvements it inevitably leads to and representative governments.

Feel the need to be an activist? OK, but be a humble one. Be always aware of the possibility you may be wrong. Stay open minded enough to change your mind when the data proves you're wrong. Most importanlty don't become a committed ideologue. Keep ALL your beliefs contingent on what you learn tomorrow. Lastly, because you're human, therefore wrong a lot, keep the changes incremental so if you are wrong you cause fixable problems, not catastrophes.

No offense but no one is talking about a utopian world. I am not saying that a perfect society is attainable. What i am saying is that we can drastically improve things. And quite honestly the picture that you paint of the world is very distorted. Maybe things are good for you, where you are in life, but there is A LOT of suffering going on in the world unnecessarily. "dynamic capitalism in which the price mechanism which assures optimal use of resources, the technological improvements it inevitably leads to and representative governments." - It's mind-boggling that you actually believe that. Representative governments? Thats the biggest crock of shit i've ever heard in my entire life. Our government is designed to keep the people at the top of the pyramid comfortable and untouchable while the rest of us poor and working class people get shit on. Capitalism? "Free" Market? Thats call it what it really is. Capitalism in it's very nature is anti-democracy. We live in a world of capitalism with the gloves taken off. Business forces are stronger than ever and more aggressive, and face less organized opposition than ever before.

Our "democracy" in a nutshell: trivial debate over minor issues by parties that basically pursue the same pro-business policies regardless of formal differences and campaign debate.

Basically, democracy is ok as long as the control of business is off-limits to popular deliberation or change, i.e. so long as it isn't democracy.

LOL, ooookay, I'm done taking my time here. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:37 pm

word...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Wuss Wink

Lately I've been able to deal with them but when I was younger my phobia was so bad I wouldn't sleep in the same room as them, and Scottish spiders are virtually harmless.

Why would you be sleeping in the same room as spiders?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Wuss Wink

Why would you be sleeping in the same room as spiders?

Sometimes they crawl in when I leave my windows open in my room. and If I try to catch them they usually skitter right under a shelving unit .
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Wuss Wink

I'm just kidding. My great fear is getting shots or needles in general. I completely freak out. I think most everyone has something like that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captain organic wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captain organic wrote:
slightly different definition then the one u put forth in the earlier post.

and what are my ideals? nice assumption.

u might want to read the title of this thread again.

Huh?

I was arguing within the context of the thread, ie how would u change the world(which u obviously have some opinions on) u switched it up to "fuck the liberals".

HUH? You think it is only liberals who are do gooders and try to dictate how others should live under penalties???????WOW!

uh, no. Not what I said.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

What do you make of the claim of biologist that not only are we still evolving, but that we are measurably doing it more rapidly than ever before?

http://www.thecreativeleadershipforum.com/creative-leadership-news/2009/1/5/the-future-of-man-how-will-evolution-change-humans.html

I would say they are right and I am wrong. People still evolve over generations to many things like they mentioned. I think the flaw of our current state of evolution is that we are adapting almost exclusively to anthropocentric mechanisms. This is a devolution in a way. There has been a war to differentiate ourselves from what created us, and it can never be won. We are perverting a complex natural system in an attempt at 'progress'. It comes back to flaws for me, what is a persons general universal view of life and things and how does that correlate to a cumulative summation of what has happened and is happening. The things perceived as positives and their trade offs, are they truly understood? We have it all wrong I believe and I look back on 10 or 12 thousand years as justification.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Science Damn It!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 pm

I think humans have evolved very rapidly intellectually over the last few thousand years. I think there are even significant divisions between different populations in the way they think and behave that are based on these rapid changes. It makes socializing peacefully almost impossible. Hard to pretend races aren't different when they actually are. Our amazing and fast adaptability has created too many breeds of humans that will never be able to maintain peace. We can never maintain any uniformity as a whole species. There will always be conflict because of this. We have no way to manage this, because even if we did "all" "figure it out", soon new groups would disagree on the new status quo and splinter off, starting the process again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Any changes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:36 pm

No racism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5