Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Go down 
+12
GDPofDRC
captain organic
MMAEYES
4445Frank
OU
marbleheadmaui
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Thomasdrrn09
oggy420
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:14 pm

In all seriousness, if you could change one thing what would it be?

Mine is the monetary system. I think that money has ruined the world and corrupted our minds. In a monetary system the main goal is profit. Profit over anything. Profit and power means more in today's society than peoples rights. We live in a world where 1% of the population owns 40% of the worlds wealth. A world where 50% of the entire global population lives on less than 2 dollars a day. And yet how the monetary system works is something that is just not of any interest in today's materialistic bubble world. It doesn't have to be this way. We don't have to be controlled like mice in a lab. People just have to take an interest and inform themselves. The information is out there. Our governments are controlled by central banks. And the people who run them are ruthless. The truth is that the system is designed to do exactly what it is doing. Separating us in every way they can. Social class, religion, and now this pointless left vs right idiocy. And the sad thing is, people just eat this shit up. They walk around with their expensive clothes and think that it legitimizes them in our society when those close where made by slave laborers in 3rd world countries by kids who make 5 cents and hour.

anyway im rambling. I think instead of profit and power being the main goal of society, it should be to leave this world a better place than when you arrived. Clearly under a monetary system that is not happening.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 pm

One word. Religion.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
One word. Religion.
plus a gazillion!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 pm

I would change the fact that there is no cure for all diseases and that....no fuck that I would change the fact that I am not the most rich and powerful man in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm

This is going to sound corny as hell but I would love it if everyone just got along.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
This is going to sound corny as hell but I would love it if everyone just got along.

I hear they are making another remake to WE ARE THE WORLD and they need someone to take Michael Jackson's place. Moonwalk on over there and step up to the microphone you sissy! lol!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Oh and Rodney King called and he said to stop biting his rhymes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 pm

LMAO oh well so much for getting along. Fuck you BBC you cock juggling thunder cunt.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 pm

incurable diseases and diseases easier to fix like brain canceer and epilepcy
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:29 am

soonermark890 wrote:
LMAO oh well so much for getting along. Fuck you BBC you cock juggling thunder cunt.

Thunder cunt....WOW what an honor. I have never heard that one. I can't beleive I juggle cocks, while being a thunder cunt.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 am

Birdofthad wrote:

Then the planet would be massively overpopulated. Then disease, war for resources, and famine runs rampant.

Mother nature needs to be allowed to cull the herd. Sucks for the people affected by it, but it's gotta be.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Then the planet would be massively overpopulated. Then disease, war for resources, and famine runs rampant.

Mother nature needs to be allowed to cull the herd. Sucks for the people affected by it, but it's gotta be.

You don't really believe that overpopulation bullcrap do you? It would be crowded, but we could still survive. What if your mom, wife, kids had cancer? How would you feel about it? A cure for all diseases would be good imo.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

You don't really believe that overpopulation bullcrap do you? It would be crowded, but we could still survive. What if your mom, wife, kids had cancer? How would you feel about it? A cure for all diseases would be good imo.

So let me get this straight. You're saying that a cure for all diseases would not lead to overpopulation?

Two more questions:

What the fuck are you smoking?

and

Where can I get some?

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:28 am

Eliminate do-gooders who are certain they have the solutions to other people's problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:12 am

No killings in the name of religion. All faiths live in peace.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

ya but im short sighted and think 2 of my good friends would still be alive hence my vote Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 am

No racism.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
No racism.

So out of muder, world hunger, homeless, lack of jobs, rapist, diseases, violence, war and Brock Lesnar.....you choose racism? Not saying racism isn't a good thing to want to change, but if you can only pick 1 thing in the world? Why that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
No racism.

So out of muder, world hunger, homeless, lack of jobs, rapist, diseases, violence, war and Brock Lesnar.....you choose racism? Not saying racism isn't a good thing to want to change, but if you can only pick 1 thing in the world? Why that?

I like to be unorthodox, more importantly I am sick of all the disgusting derogatory racism that's out there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
No racism.

I like to be unorthodox, more importantly I am sick of all the disgusting derogatory racism that's out there.

Like I said, it isn't a bad thing to want to change. But I would prefer to see no more murders in the world or no more illnesses of any kind. I'd rather end all war, IMO there are bigger issues. What if just say you want to remove all hate? Wouldn't that cover a broader subject and effect more people? It just seems that if you had to power to change 1 thing, you could make a bigger impact then just ending racism.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 am

Alimony settlements. I'd also create a place on the legal books for "Female Insanity Hate Crimes." Most of these have to do with ruining a man's business deals or, in the event of a divorce, lying to a jury about things he never did in order to gain a considerable amount of money and damage his reputation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 am

Eradicate Perez Hilton.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 am

Good topic Oggy! I think the best answer is for us all to live in peace. Wouldn't it be great to raise your children knowing they would never be asked to risk they're lives for some suit they will never meet. Wouldn't it be great to wake up to a world were monsters didn't exist. But that's just the father in me talking. The part of me that's still 22 says I would legalize mary jane lol
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:26 am

Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.

Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:05 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.

Your heart is in the right place but there's always going to be some lazy motherfucker trying to get by on others breaking their backs to make things happen. But I understand that this is the pipe dream thread, so I'll say so far yours is the best of the bunch.

I'd wish that we wouldn't get so fucking bogged down in left/right, dem/repub that we hold all these worthless turds' feet to the fire regardless of whether they are on "our side" or not. They laugh their asses off all the way to the bank as we bicker over trivial bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next