Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? Empty
PostSubject: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:43 pm

He has won 7 of his last 9 with a loss to Fedor-slayer Fabricio Werdum and another win overturned to a NC. He's beaten Feijao, he ended Tony Lopez reign as KOTC LHW champion and impressed in his victory over Abongo.

This should be Feijao's first defense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 pm

I don't think he's the best guy Feijao could face but it's a fight easily booked by SF considering the revenge factor and Mike Kyle quite simply has a damn good track record at LHW. Both are strong technical strikers so that fight could be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I think Mo may have shown us a glimpse into the blueprint to beat Feijao's striking. Those bodyshots he was landing were fuckin' nasty. Had he not been rocked and finished the way he was I think a few more and it would have started wearing him down. After the first half dozen or so Feijao still wasn't tipping his arms to block them. He seems to always be looking for the plumb and that could very well prove to be a problem for him from here on out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I think Lawal can make some adjustments with his stance and win a rematch with Feijao.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Lawal clearly neglected his wrestling for this camp and worked off the Kyle fight for how to beat Feijao. The game plan was to keep the hands low to bait him into exchanges, use head movement and then bully inside to his chin. He underestimated his sprawl and chin.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I'd pick Kyle again. While his ground game may prove to be a continued liability, he's better standing up than Feijao. Mo would take Kyle down at will though. Matchup-circus.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:31 pm

I think Kyle is the obvious first defense for Cavalcante.

Though there are much better names in the division, none or on the streak Kyle is on, and non have a win over the current champ.

Feijao takes the rematch.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 am

Mousasi will outstrike Feijao, and then lose the title to Mo via wrestling again. I was stunned by Feijao's sprawl.

Kyle does deserve the next shot. Feijao should want it and Kyle has earned it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 am

Why not let Babalu get his title shot now? The only reason he didn't want the shot and was calling out Hendo is because him and Mo are partners. So why not let Babalu win the belt, let Mousasi beat him, Mo beat him and we can just stick to that loop?
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm

For beating Lawler at a catchweight? A guy that may be more WW than MW? Winner of Hendo/Sobral should get a shot, but not before the future DREAM LHW champ, Gegard or Kyle for that matter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:29 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
For beating Lawler at a catchweight? A guy that may be more WW than MW? Winner of Hendo/Sobral should get a shot, but not before the future DREAM LHW champ, Gegard or Kyle for that matter.

I'm not the one that said he could have the title shot, Scott Coker said it before the fight with Lawler. Babalu said no because he trains with Mo.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 pm

I want to see Sobral beat a good LHW. Bobby Southworth and Sokoudjou don't cut it. Maybe have him face Mike Kyle.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I want to see Sobral beat a good LHW. Bobby Southworth and Sokoudjou don't cut it. Maybe have him face Mike Kyle.

Yeah me too, I'm not saying that I personally think Babalu deserves a title shot. I'm saying before the Lawler-Babalu fight Coker said the winner would get a title shot. Robbie at MW if he won and Babalu at LHW if he won. Babalu turned down the shot. Don't get it twisted and think these are my words. I'm just going off what Coker said himself.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Gotcha.

I guess I just hate that idea so I jumped on it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:17 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Gotcha.

I guess I just hate that idea so I jumped on it.

Yeah I'm not thrilled about Babalu getting a title shot either. I was just saying since Coker offered him a shot anyways, why not give him the shot now? Mo is hurt and won't be back for 9 months so you don't have too many options. Can you really have Mousasi or Hendo fight for the title coming off a loss? I think Babalu vs Hendo is a good idea but with how things are now why not give Babalu the shot and have Mousasi vs Hendo?
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Well Mousasi will win the Dream lhw title in September so they could do a champ vs. champ-type promo. Since they have a partnership with Dream, those wins should count toward something in Strikeforce. Kyle has been all over and in different weight classes so I think Strikeforce would have similar problems making that fight happen.

I just think Gegard would outstrike him for the win.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Coker in an interview with Ariel Halwani said no to the Kyle rematch right now. It's not that good for business I'd imagine since either no one knows of Kyle, remembers him from that loss to Eilers in the UFC where he was knocked completely out or the WEC fiasco.

Kyle has been sticking mostly to LHW though. That win over Toney Lopez is pretty good. I know Kyle wasn't the guy to technically end his streak, but Lopez lost at HW to Black Lesnar(Tony Johnson)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?   Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Mike Kyle deserve a shot at Feijao?
Page 1 of 1