Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's

Go down 
+4
boomer sooner
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

and the least deserving winner is....
Driving Miss Daisy(1990)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dances With Wolves(1991)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
The Silence Of The Lambs(1992)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Unforgiven(1993)
 0% [ 0 ]
Schindlers List(1994)
 0% [ 0 ]
Forrest Gump(1995)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Braveheart(1996)
 7% [ 1 ]
The English Patient(1997)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Titanic(1998)
 7% [ 1 ]
Shakesphere In Love(1999)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am

Born on the Fourth of July
Dead Poets Society
Field of Dreams
My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown
A good year for movies, not a great year. "Field of Dreams" had a great premise but it didn't go far enough for me. I'd love to see the boxing version of this movie. LOL:

Awakenings
Ghost
The Godfather Part III
Goodfellas Great year for De Niro (See Goodfellas and Awakenings.) Best picture is "Goodfellas" and it's not even close. My opinion.

Beauty and the Beast
Bugsy
JFK
The Prince of Tides Strange, but I would not have picked this movie in 92 over JFK and Bugsy. As years go on, I can't sit through the bullshit that was JFK (seems like it was made up as it went along) and Bugsy, though a good movie, didn't have the mystery of the "Prince of Tides."

The Crying Game
A Few Good Men
Howards End
Scent of a Woman Not a good year for movies. Formula movies dominate. Didn't like "Good men" but I like Jack Nicholson in anything. If we're going to be corny, let's give Al Pacino's speech in "Scent" the nod.

The Piano
The Fugitive
In the Name of the Father
The Remains of the Day / Classic movie year. I loved the Fugitive. "In the Name of the Father" was heartbreaking. My pick for that year.

Four Weddings and a Funeral
Pulp Fiction
Quiz Show
The Shawshank Redemption : The year of "Pulp Fiction." Nuff said. I haven't really liked "QT" since, but I loved this one.

Apollo 13
Babe
Il Postino
Sense and Sensibility ; I was in complete awe of this one. Ron Howard may be guilty of not giving "Big Max Baer" an honest look, but his sense of detail in this movie is uncanny.

Fargo
Jerry Maguire
Secrets & Lies
Shine : Beats out "Shine" by an inch. The Coen Brothers may be the most original filmmakers I've ever seen. Only an outright foolish artist would try to imitate them. Their act is.... their act.

As Good as It Gets
The Full Monty
Good Will Hunting
L.A. Confidential Big year for movies. "Good Will" was special. "Full Monty" was lovable and "As Good as It Gets" was good. I never saw anything quite like LA Confidential before. Great idea worked out beautifullly. Since this production, many a producer and director have tried to re-create the "50s" Hollywood era and fallen on their faces.

Elizabeth
Life Is Beautiful
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line [/quote] All good movies. I'll admit that I'm not fan of "Period movies." "Liz" was a great one in my opinion. Cate Blanchett gave a breakthrough performance.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:51 pm

95 should have been Pulp Fiction
97 should have been Jerry Maguire
98 should have been LA Confidential
Back to top Go down

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2