Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's

Go down 
+4
boomer sooner
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

and the least deserving winner is....
Driving Miss Daisy(1990)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap0%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dances With Wolves(1991)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap7%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
The Silence Of The Lambs(1992)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap0%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Unforgiven(1993)
 0% [ 0 ]
Schindlers List(1994)
 0% [ 0 ]
Forrest Gump(1995)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap7%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Braveheart(1996)
 7% [ 1 ]
The English Patient(1997)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap29%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Titanic(1998)
 7% [ 1 ]
Shakesphere In Love(1999)
Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_lcap43%Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Empty
PostSubject: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

The voting on the the 2000's is not closed but Chicago has run away with it and voting has come to a halt.

I'm still deciding...there are plenty of years where i thought the better movie lost out...including the year Gump won. All opinions are acceptable EXCEPT Unforgiven did not deserve the oscar...not even the all powerful A Few Good Men and Scent Of A Woman was on par.

Born on the Fourth of July
Dead Poets Society
Field of Dreams
My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown

Awakenings
Ghost
The Godfather Part III
Goodfellas

Beauty and the Beast
Bugsy
JFK
The Prince of Tides

The Crying Game
A Few Good Men
Howards End
Scent of a Woman

The Piano
The Fugitive
In the Name of the Father
The Remains of the Day

Four Weddings and a Funeral
Pulp Fiction
Quiz Show
The Shawshank Redemption

Apollo 13
Babe
Il Postino
Sense and Sensibility

Fargo
Jerry Maguire
Secrets & Lies
Shine

As Good as It Gets
The Full Monty
Good Will Hunting
L.A. Confidential

Elizabeth
Life Is Beautiful
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 pm

im an idiot i voted for english patient cause i thougut it beat Braveheart

DOH

As Good as it Gets should have beat Titanic
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 pm

I would've gone Good Will Hunting that year

I voted for Forrest Gump though
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Driving Miss Daisy(1990) -- Born on the Fourth was awesome. I thought Tom Cruise was great in that movie. Probably his best performance.

Dances With Wolves(1991) -- I'll stick with Dances. Just a great movie all the way around.

The Silence Of The Lambs(1992) -- I'll stick with Silence. Probably just for Anthony Hopkins.

Unforgiven(1993) -- This was a very tough year. Howard's End was really good too in addition to A Few Good Men and Scent. Never seen Crying Game.

Schindlers List(1994) -- In the Name of the Father was really good, but come on. Schindler's List was maybe the greatest ever.

Forrest Gump(1995) -- I have to go Shawshank by a decent margin to boot. One of the greatest ever. I loved Gump though.

Braveheart(1996) -- Didn't see half of the comp. Have to think this was an easy one.

The English Patient(1997) -- This is actually a tough call. I wasn't crazy about this movie, but I'm not crazy about the competition either. Liked Fargo, but not sure if it's Oscar worthy.

Titanic(1998) -- I've never seen it because it doesn't intrigue me in the least and LA Confidential is an all time fave, but I can't deny James Cameron's success.

Shakesphere In Love(1999) -- I would have taken The Thin Red Line, and then Saving Private Ryan. Titanic was great and it's a tough year, but I've never seen a film like the Thin Red Line. James Caviezel was a force in that movie.

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 pm

I thought Saving Private Ryan was a far better film than Shakespeare.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
I thought Saving Private Ryan was a far better film than Shakespeare.

I really like Shakespeare, but agreed. I'd take Ryan and Thin Red Line by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Shaketspeare's in Love sucked

Dances With Wolves is sad cause it was realy written by an indian and supposed to be a all indian movie spoken only in indian but hey cant complain when you sell your indian story to a big time republican with a penchant for himself
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Dances With Wolves is sad cause it was realy written by an indian and supposed to be a all indian movie spoken only in indian but hey cant complain when you sell your indian story to a big time republican with a penchant for himself

Fiennes in Shakespeare is a brilliant actor and it was a fun script. Not Oscar worthy, especially with Private Ryan and Thin Red Line on the table.

Costner was GREAT in Dances. Although I always laugh at movies where a white guy joins a less advanced culture and masters it in a matter of months and becomes its leader.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Um, Costner is part Indian. He's also campaigned for Obama. He ain't a Republican.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:52 pm

How can you not like Forrest Gump? I went with Shakesphere in Love.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Um, Costner is part Indian. He's also campaigned for Obama. He ain't a Republican.
didnt know either of that i had a professor who was 100% indian loving man and he bashed the shit outta Costner for that movie basically saying it was a 100 percent indian movie he got the script wrote himself into it

coulda swore he was a republican but hey what do i know???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

Birdofthad wrote:
im an idiot i voted for english patient cause i thougut it beat Braveheart

DOH

As Good as it Gets should have beat Titanic
Fargo was better than the english patient.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am

Agreed. Fargo was the best film that year...but i picked Shakesphere In Love because i thought Ryan was that much better.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 am

I love Fargo, but that is not a best picture quality film to me. That year was awful though
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 am

wahht was Fargo about i never saw it??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

I would've given the award to these movies-

Field of Dreams

Goodfellas

JFK

Unforgiven

The Fugitive

The Shawshank Redemption

Braveheart

Jerry Maguire

Good Will Hunting

Shakesphere In Love
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 am

Birdofthad wrote:
wahht was Fargo about i never saw it??????

You haven't seen all the Coen Brothers movies? Shame on you Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 am

sadly no sadly i have seen Stuck on You

Big Lebowski is great though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 am

Birdofthad wrote:
sadly no sadly i have seen Stuck on You
Big Lebowski is great though

If there was a rep system i'd neg the shit out of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 am

Wow there is alot of bad decisions from the academy in that decade.

Miss Daisy over Born On The Fourth of July
Dances Of Wolves over Goodfellas
Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption
Titanic over LA Confidential
Shakesphere In Love over Saving Private Ryan

You could pick anyone of them.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 am

and ya Born on the 4th was a GREAT MOVIE

Kings you liked that movie?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:53 am

No, i don't appreciate you blaming the Coen Brothers for Stuck On You.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 am

hahah oh okay thatas fair haha

i did like when they boxed hahaha 2 guys against 1 guy that was damn funny
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 am

hahah oh okay thatas fair haha

i did like when they boxed hahaha 2 guys against 1 guy that was damn funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:13 am

Stuck On You was made by the Farrelly Brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's   Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's Empty

Back to top Go down

Least deserving "Best Picture" of the 90's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next