Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have been watching The Wire

Go down 
+4
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
8 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

I have been watching The Wire Empty
PostSubject: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 am

and the one thing I won't forget is the Senator saying Sheeeeeeeit! I crack up every time he does it. I know this show is popular and some of you have to think the same thing.

SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIT Squirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I am drunk.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:28 am

Lol wasn't his name Clay?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 am

this reminds me of the book I am reading it is basically a book ruining the romanticism of Ali

Ali falsified his Muslim autobiography saying he grew up poor and aroamd the streets looking for food

Mark Kramm says he asks Alis parents about that part of his book to which Alis mother shakes her head no and Cassius Sr replied "Sheeeeeit!"

hahaha
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 am

I liked the first two seasons, then I kind of lost interest.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lol wasn't his name Clay?

yes
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 am

hahah anytime I see that actor I instantly say " SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am

I went "sheeeeeeit" when I was watching Goodfellas and I realized he was in one scene.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:01 pm

wire is awesome season 3 got bit offtrack but all in all one of the best series I have seen
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:39 pm

I'd probably rank them 3,1,2,4,5. I think 2, despite getting off track with the port, was underrated. It's just that Ziggy got on my nerves real quick.

Funny thing is, that Melvin Williams, a Baltimore drug kingpin who Avon and most of the first season was based after, actually played The Deacon in seasons 3-5
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:43 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
I'd probably rank them 3,1,2,4,5. I think 2, despite getting off track with the port, was underrated. It's just that Ziggy got on my nerves real quick.

Funny thing is, that Melvin Williams, a Baltimore drug kingpin who Avon and most of the first season was based after, actually played The Deacon in seasons 3-5

I would rank them the same. I thought season 3 would suck, but it was by far the best. I hated how they dealt with Omar or season 5 would have been better.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:43 pm

I think 2 was necessary for the whole picture because at the end of the first season almost everyone was in jail already. But yeah 3 was easily the best season of all. I didn't like how Omar died though, All that and he gets popped by some kid in a corner store. Ziggy's character was horrible but nowhere near as bad as Marlow's character was. Dude should never have said a fucking word because every time he opened his mouth he ruined a scene.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIT Squirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's how my grandpa used to say it when I would try to explain something modern to him. "SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIT Squirt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that aint real."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm

I actually think the Wire is pretty overrated. Every season other than the 1st and 3rd is pretty mediocre/slightly above average to me
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm one of the few that liked the way Omar was killed. You never see it coming, just "Gimme a pack of Newport soft pa-BANG! Yeah I hoped he would hunt down and kill Marlo, but when I heard David Simon speak at my college, he talked about how with The Wire he didn't want to follow the storybook ending method that most shows use (although most HBO shows typically don't end well for the characters.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 am

At first the second series threw me off, I couldn't understand why they'd choose to cover that story. But on my second run through of watching all the seasons I completely understood why they included it, it shows you another side of Baltimore and the tough times unions have.

The fourth season is my favorite and in my opinion the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have been watching The Wire   I have been watching The Wire Empty

Back to top Go down

I have been watching The Wire
Page 1 of 1