Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Bust That Surprised You the Most

Go down 
+4
Ludo
timthebim
gomez1012
Birdofthad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

The Bust That Surprised You the Most Empty
PostSubject: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 am

simple, whats the biggest bust that shocked you, you were positive the guy was going to be a star and he never came close???

mine is simple, Akili Smith, simply cause I saw so many of his college games and thought he was going to revolutinize the QB position boy was I wrong

was at that game ^^

you heard that right 260 yards, 4 TDS vs Nick Sabans defense, 1st half

my favorite Akili play ^^^

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 am

gotta say that Michigan State game was so crazy Michigan State went on to beat Notre Dame 45-21 that year

but this happened and i habe never seen this happen in any football game i have ever watched

3 SACKS IN A ROW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uf4Fjf-dlY
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 am

I thought Eric Crouch would have better career in the pros than he did
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:41 am

Mike Williams from USC would be 1 for me but the most disapointing to me as a Lions fan was probably Joey Harrington. In college i thought the guy was a cant miss and boy was I wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 pm

jevon walker
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:05 pm

VY but then again I knew he would be a huge bust.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

timthebim wrote:
Mike Williams from USC would be 1 for me but the most disapointing to me as a Lions fan was probably Joey Harrington. In college i thought the guy was a cant miss and boy was I wrong.

ya I saw alot of Joey as well, I thought AJ was a better QB in all honesty he only lost his starting job cause of injury and hard to replace a guy that went 21-3 in your absence (funny AJ is still in the league Joey isnt), also thought Akili was better than Joey but I was surprised with how shitty Joey was

Mike Williams definitiely agree i thought he would be a big time WR

Wolf i wouldnt really call Vince a big bust i mean hes gone to the playoffs twice
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah Vince Young is far from a bust.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 am

especially with all the big time busts out there

I saw Leaf play college ball in person and thought he was better than Bledsoe

I remember as a kid seeing them play i was like oh my god who are these guys they were launching the ball all over the place

I remember people saying Leafs college team mates couldnt stand him though, major problem he had in the NFL

same with Tim Couch
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:16 am

Another big time bust was Rashan Salaam. Remember that cat Bird???
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 am

oh ya Rashaan was a frieking beast i thought he would be big time

I was a huge card collector as a kid

got alot of Rashaan, ROn Dayne, and Curtis Enis cards sadly

I fell for the big power backs

Lawrence Phillips too
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am

Phillips was definitely a big time bust. I got 1 for u though who I thought would be an absolute star!!! Peter Warrick from FSU. That guy was great and it never worked for him in the pros.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 am

Im an idiot not TIm Couch Cade McNown was hated by his team

OH GOD TIM dont mention Peter I thought he was going to be the reciever to help AKILI

in fairness to them they went to the waste land of the NFL

it was funny my uncle went to this corporate meeting where Jaws was the keynote speaker this was in i believe 2000, Bengals somehow got brought up and Jaws was like that franchise needs massive help the NFL needs to take them over they dont know what the hell they are doing it isnt fair to any palyer drafted there

he was right
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 am

who woulda thought Laverneous Coles would have the better career than Peter Warrick
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:32 am

Birdofthad wrote:
who woulda thought Laverneous Coles would have the better career than Peter Warrick

Definitely not me!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:35 am

will never forget it watching the INside NFL from 2002 i think they had Keyshawn Johnson mike'd up him and Chad (his cousin) were talking before the game and Chad goes

You better tell them boys Akili is the best black quarterback in the league behind Mike Vick

Keyshawn :laughs and was like what?

Chad : hell ya just you watch that boy is the real deal

Keyshawn went and told Warren Sapp and the defense what his cousin had been saying and they were like what oh hell naw, Sapp sacked and stripped Akili, it was bad
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 am

Rae Carruths gotta rank up there, alotta potential but decided murdering his pregnant girlfriend was a good idea

what a scum fuck

ever seen the piece on his son? its real sad
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 am

Yeah another 1 is Maurice Clarret!!! From those chumps downside.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 am

Akili also blew his ACL and MCL out and it was over for the msot part

good article on him saying 4 years in Cinci was like hell

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/06/02/wwwben1a2.html
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:00 am

ya he blew it big time and those chumps down south especially that sack of shit Tressell totally fucked him
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:01 am

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:08 am

i mean the guy flat out won them a title and look how they repay him cant understand any blue chip going there after taht

they must pay well
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 am

Thats what we always say!!! Why else would any1 want to go to that out house of a state. The only think dumber than that school is the fans that root for it!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 am

hahaha sadly i cant say much going into the Rose Bowl this yuear i hated that we were big favorites

wish LaMichael James hadnt been hurt that one was hard to swallow
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:17 am

OSU as much as I hate them have a very good team this year and maybe the National Champs when all is said and done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bust That Surprised You the Most   The Bust That Surprised You the Most Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bust That Surprised You the Most
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next