Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?

Go down 
+3
Jruq
OU
captain organic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? Empty
PostSubject: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 am

Is there interest in these fights? Are these fights outlandish?

Neither of the heavies mentioned are large by today's hwy standards. Spider has expressed interest in fighting Fedor, so these would be measuring sticks of sorts, between he and Machida they will leave the 205 contendors piled up in a bloody mess in pretty short order, and he just fought a big 205er and looked every bit as big, and still looks like he has plenty of room to put on more weight. And both of the heavies mentioned are standup fighters who have been made marginal by the divisions wrestlers and thus are in need of interesting matchups themselves.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 am

Both guys could knock Spider out if the fight was left standing. But put Kongo on his back and it's a wrap.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Both guys could knock Spider out if the fight was left standing. But put Kongo on his back and it's a wrap.
When is the last time Spider went for a takedown though? The closest I've seen is a nice switch he hit on Marquart right before pounding him out and that was really a counter to Nate's takedowns not an offensive move.

I would like to see both those fights. I think Anderson would handle Cro-Cop pretty well at this point in his career, but a Kongo match would be really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:09 am

I thing Kongo and Cro Cop would both beat Spider, but the Cro Cop fight would be close. A prime Cro Cop would absolutely demolish Anderson though.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

[quote="Ninja\Rua/Fan"]I thing Kongo and Cro Cop would both beat Spider, but the Cro Cop fight would be close. A prime Cro Cop would absolutely demolish Anderson though.[/quote]

Man I don't agree with that at all.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Spider would kill them both.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Kongo is just too big... If the fight were at LHW (pretty laughable concept), neither is rounded enough to take down Silva. CroCop is a shell of his former self in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Kongo is just too big... If the fight were at LHW (pretty laughable concept), neither is rounded enough to take down Silva. CroCop is a shell of his former self in my opinion.

I know my eyes tell me Kongo is a huge heavy, but the scale says he weighs in under 240. I wonder what Spider weighed vs Griffen(I wish the UFC would do an unofficial weigh in the day of the fight).
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:38 pm

I agree with Rua,

if cro cop was in a fight like that he would hopefully utilize some strong leg kicks to take out the bite of Andersons attack.

I think kongo is just too big and although spider could sub him I think kongo would be harder to take down because of size
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?   Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider vs CroCop? Spider vs Kongo?
Page 1 of 1