Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another remake?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Another remake?   Another remake? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Well not quite. They are making a fresh adaptation on the childrens novel Never Ending Story.

Warner Bros., The Kennedy/Marshall Co., and Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way are in the early stages of rebooting the franchise by re-adapting Michael Ende's novel of the same name. They intend to "examine the more nuanced details of the book" rather than remake the original film by Wolfgang Petersen.[9]

The Internet Movie Database lists 2012 as a tentative release date for the new film

As long as they stick to the source material, and don't use an unrealistic multiethnic modern McDonalds-commercial cast, like making the princess or Bastian a filipino or something I'll be fine.(note : if the source material is unrealistically multiethnic chock this up to assbabble) If there is one thing I hate the most about remakes and modern fantasy is how they go out of their way to include various ethnic groups in traditonally ethno-specific tales to make it more inclusive. It's not a racial thing, it just has to do with suspension of disbelief. Like how they casted all the main characters in Airbender(an Asian tale) and 10,000 BC as blue eyed fair skinned heros but all their relatives and tribesmen looked like Apocalypto extras. So insulting to the intelligence. This kind of stuff is sually indicative of story quality too. I knew as soon as I saw a black knight of the templar in Kingdom of Heaven that the movie was doomed.

I like historic movies and fantasy to have some resemblence to reality. If it is Asian fantasy, I want all Asians. If it is European myths and fantasy, I wan't all Europeans(or realism in multi-ethnic settings like the Roman Empire) No 7-11's, no egalitarian Hollywood values in the darkages, and no filipinos in ancient Greece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another remake?   Another remake? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Let us not forget they are remaking "Highlander". Between both those ideas, my thought is No
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another remake?   Another remake? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 am

If the put Tomasz Adamek in Highlander, it's okay. Otherwise, they might as well make another shitty sequel.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another remake?   Another remake? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 am

They are remaking Highlander?

but...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another remake?   Another remake? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Remake? So many possibilities. I want some old film noir remakes. Old detective films are under repped in the remake department. Notorious, Maltese Falcon, Key Largo. Make a remake of something good not just something that has endless budget and special effects potential.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

Another remake? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another remake?   Another remake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another remake?
Page 1 of 1