Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Karate Kid remake

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
OU
Bigs03
LTFG
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The Karate Kid remake Empty
PostSubject: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Did I read that right... $56,000,000 opening weekend... WTF?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I heard it is exactly like the first one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah crazy, but it was a weak week for new movies.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I heard it is exactly like the first one.

Yeah I heard Smith's kid plays an Itailan and Chan plays a Japanese guy. I heard they were very convincing.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:27 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

So people would rather waste $10 on that than find something else to blow it on? Damn, I'd rather use a ten spot for an ass wipe than sit through two hours of that. I'm just shocked that anyone older than 10 would even consider taking it in...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:29 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

So people would rather waste $10 on that than find something else to blow it on? Damn, I'd rather use a ten spot for an ass wipe than sit through two hours of that. I'm just shocked that anyone older than 10 would even consider taking it in...

I'm just saying people go to the movies every week. Not a lot of new movies to pick from this week. Hell I saw Marmaduke this weekend lol.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Since you have the points to give, I should neg you for that Sooners...lol. Marmaduke, really? And you admit it openly? Props for having stones... The stones saved your rep...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm sure alot of young teens just had to see Wills kid. I can't justify any other reason for any ticket to that movie be sold in my mind.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 pm

It's more of a kid movie so of course it would do well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Since you have the points to give, I should neg you for that Sooners...lol. Marmaduke, really? And you admit it openly? Props for having stones... The stones saved your rep...

ha ha yeah I was awake early and my sister is a big Great Dane(she has 2) fan so I went with her to the movie. I always say no when she asks me to do shit but I had some time to kill so I decided to be a good brother. I figured Owen Wilson and George Lopez have to make me laugh at sometime right? The movie is just under an hour and a half so it wasn't too bad.

ha ha probably makes it even worse that I saw it with my 2 sisters. First time I have been to a movie with them in probably close to 10 years.

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Its one of those movies that all age groups can watch plus where the movie came from and who is in it on top of the weak week in movies it was destined to do great.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm boycotting this film. Roar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 pm

...and Ralph Macchio is digging his grave so he can jump in and roll in it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:26 pm

not surprised lets be realistic, most people who saw this probably never even knew there was a movie called Karate Kid before the remake
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 pm

As an adolescent, seeing the Karate Kid was one of those rare awesome experiences that really stuck with me and my friends. The Karate Kid was a phenomenal film that blew away expectations and during it's original release, really surprised a lot of people with it's ability to captivate so many. It told a simple, yet great story which was very easy to get behind and enjoy. I remember the swan kick was as fashionable and recognizable as any cultural iconic symbol for several years. It's stamp of relevance and reverence was definite.

Jayden Smith must be made a big star. It must be done. How though? Work him with his dad in serious tear jerk drama. Okay. Exploit an artistic gem and cultural icon, better. The reason the film gets good reviews is because they made it as similar to the original as they could. When you do every thing possible to mimic greatness, the challenges are mitigated. So they made the Kung Fu Kid. The Kung Fu Kid nails the key plot elements to regurgitate the out a altered copy of the Karate Kid. Only problem is what the fuck is Kung Fu? Kung Fu is not money. Surly there can be no Kung Fu involved with the money that declares stardom to Jayden. Karate Kid has to be the name because the money and fame is most important. Legacy is irrelevant and subsidized. To that I say fuck you. I have a Karate Kid and don't want your Kung Fu Kid and fame and money mongering exploiting and piggy backing off of it. Don't do it.

Remaking something like the A-Team, I can accept that. I liked that show in that same era as the Karate Kid. It was just a cheesy, action, comedy show and nothing more. The film remake has as much freedom as can be desired for that kind of project without tiers of agendas in production and output. Their is no exact blueprint to follow in an attempt to capitalize and maximize revenue based off of previous individuals works. There are actual elements of originality, even with it being a retelling, for the creators to attempt. It didn't fail. it was as good as it should of been, with the show as a barometer for comparison and all other things considered.

But really, Fuck the Karate Kid 2010.

2000th FTW!

The Karate Kid remake 129201208635325850
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
As an adolescent, seeing the Karate Kid was one of those rare awesome experiences that really stuck with me and my friends. The Karate Kid was a phenomenal film that blew away expectations and during it's original release, really surprised a lot of people with it's ability to captivate so many. It told a simple, yet great story which was very easy to get behind and enjoy. I remember the swan kick was as fashionable and recognizable as any cultural iconic symbol for several years. It's stamp of relevance and reverence was definite.

Jayden Smith must be made a big star. It must be done. How though? Work him with his dad in serious tear jerk drama. Okay. Exploit an artistic gem and cultural icon, better. The reason the film gets good reviews is because they made it as similar to the original as they could. When you do every thing possible to mimic greatness, the challenges are mitigated. So they made the Kung Fu Kid. The Kung Fu Kid nails the key plot elements to regurgitate the out a altered copy of the Karate Kid. Only problem is what the fuck is Kung Fu? Kung Fu is not money. Surly there can be no Kung Fu involved with the money that declares stardom to Jayden. Karate Kid has to be the name because the money and fame is most important. Legacy is irrelevant and subsidized. To that I say fuck you. I have a Karate Kid and don't want your Kung Fu Kid and fame and money mongering exploiting and piggy backing off of it. Don't do it.

Remaking something like the A-Team, I can accept that. I liked that show in that same era as the Karate Kid. It was just a cheesy, action, comedy show and nothing more. The film remake has as much freedom as can be desired for that kind of project without tiers of agendas in production and output. Their is no exact blueprint to follow in an attempt to capitalize and maximize revenue based off of previous individuals works. There are actual elements of originality, even with it being a retelling, for the creators to attempt. It didn't fail. it was as good as it should of been, with the show as a barometer for comparison and all other things considered.

But really, Fuck the Karate Kid 2010.

2000th FTW!

The Karate Kid remake 129201208635325850

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid remake   The Karate Kid remake Empty

Back to top Go down

The Karate Kid remake
Page 1 of 1