Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rampages's new twitter.....

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
CainVelasquezFan
Farmer1906
LTFG
OU
EliteAcidBurn
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

rampages's new twitter..... Empty
PostSubject: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm in Hollywood minding my own business & I look over.. & I see Forrest... he's still running!

Say what you want ,, but it is funny
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Did he feel the need to run stop lights and drive on the sidewalk so he could save Forrest?
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 pm

and run woman over and shit.....i think he forgets that forrest beat him.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Damn, he just can't stop sounding like a child. Stay classy Page...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

I used to really like Quinton but he's acting like a dumbass.

How are you going to talk shit about a guy who beat. Before the fight he couldn't bust a grape and after the fight Rampage was lucky to be walking. Now Forrest loses and Rampage is talking again. But guess what a few weeks ago Rampage was ducking Machida. You know the training partner of Anderson.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:19 pm

i found it funny... haha
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny myself lol
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 pm

i think its funny! ok guys you all know he is just busting his balls he is not being serious. you know damn well he did not duck machida also. did he talk shit when rashad knocked him out? nope!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm

How did he not duck Machida? He chose to turn down a title shot to go on and coach TUF so he could fight Rashad. Even before that he wanted a rematch with Forrest before he fought Machida. I like Page, but he's a little nuts and he's been ducking Machida like Tito ducked Chuck for so long.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm

he will fight machida next year i promise!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:00 pm

he took the money and the hype of the fight and you know that farmer.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:05 pm

josh200612 wrote:
he took the money and the hype of the fight and you know that farmer.

TUF coaches don't get paid that well. So actually Rampage is putting off a payday because he could be fighting in a major title fight in Oct now he's gotta wait to get paid in a possible co main event in maybe Dec or Jan.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:18 pm

its dec 12th. if rashad would have won he would be fighting for the title now but he didnt. whats wrong with him going for a guy he hates first that was in his face after a fight? i will never believe that he ducked machida just like i do not believe forrest took a dive. he is not fucking scared of machida!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

What's wrong it he very well could lose to Rashad. I don't think he does, but who in their right mind would pass up a title shot and pay day like that?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:27 pm

ok lets say if he took the title fight with machida. do you think it would make good numbers be honest? do you think rashad and rampage would make better numbers then the machida rampage fight? im talking about if rampage took the machida fight first.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 pm

I think they'd do similar numbers. The Rashad fight would have more build up, but it wouldn't be a 5 rounder and title fight. It would depend on who else is on the card.

Anyway it still delays a payday by 2 months. Would you tell your boss, hey I don't want this big contract...I'll wait 2 months and do another one.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm

lol u never give up ha! in a way your right but i still think its best to fight rashad first and then machida. i think this tuf will be watched by alot of people who never watch mma or newcomers of the sport. all the kimbo fans are going to watch it cause i hear it at the bars all the time. they are just watching cause of him and all of the tension between rashad and rampage is going to get those people to order the ppv. which i think would do better numbers then machida rampage.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Is farmer really arguing what he is arguing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Rashad vs Rampage is definitely more marketable. Gosh, if it was a title fight it could enter the top five of UFC history. Certainly top ten.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Top 5 in UFC History? Are you on drugs?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

If it were a title defense against the popular Rampage ya it would have a real chance. Two black LHW's, one undefeated, one a popular former champ. The demographics of the fighters, and record of the champion, would finally win over some attention and credibility from those who look down on the sport like Mayweather and other boxing/sports establishment people do. The fight would look and feel more like boxing. It would garner huge buys from the African American community.

Shit I remember the local ESPN radio guys talking about that fight when it looked like it was going to happen, before Rampage turned the fight down to have surgery. They kind of hate MMA for the most part and hate it when I call and make them talk about it, and even they were buzzing.

Even without it being a title fight it is going to be hugely successful. Now it's a grudge match between two former champs, featured on a season of TUF with Kimbo Slice, in a post UFC 100 environment when there is more attention than ever from the press.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Quote :
ok lets say if he took the title fight with machida. do you think it would make good numbers be honest?

Do you really think Rampage cares about numbers? Not knocking your way of thinking but I feel he thinks he has a better chance of beating Rashad then the dragon.

No way if I was a fighter I would turn down a title shot and a big payday to fight someone that I dont like. I have a family to feed and a belt to put over my shoulder. After all why do fighters fight ? To be the best and to be the champ. Not going to be the champ if you dont fight the champ.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If it were a title defense against the popular Rampage ya it would have a real chance. Two black LHW's, one undefeated, one a popular former champ. The demographics of the fighters, and record of the champion, would finally win over some attention and credibility from those who look down on the sport like Mayweather and other boxing/sports establishment people do. The fight would look and feel more like boxing. It would garner huge buys from the African American community.

Shit I remember the local ESPN radio guys talking about that fight when it looked like it was going to happen, before Rampage turned the fight down to have surgery. They kind of hate MMA for the most part and hate it when I call and make them talk about it, and even they were buzzing.

Even without it being a title fight it is going to be hugely successful. Now it's a grudge match between two former champs, featured on a season of TUF with Kimbo Slice, in a post UFC 100 environment when there is more attention than ever from the press.

Your first 2 paragraphs are not relevant because that didn't happen.

Keep backpedaling because you spoke out your ass when you call it a top 5 fight in UFC history.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Quote :
ok lets say if he took the title fight with machida. do you think it would make good numbers be honest?

Do you really think Rampage cares about numbers? Not knocking your way of thinking but I feel he thinks he has a better chance of beating Rashad then the dragon.

No way if I was a fighter I would turn down a title shot and a big payday to fight someone that I dont like. I have a family to feed and a belt to put over my shoulder. After all why do fighters fight ? To be the best and to be the champ. Not going to be the champ if you dont fight the champ.

Exactly what I'm getting at. But the point about numbers could possibly be PPV cut, but then again we don't know how that works or if Rampage even gets any if he's not headlining/in a title fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm

Nobody is back peddling.

All I originally said if it were a title fight it would have a shot at being a top five UFC PPV. That is something I stand by. My "irrelevant" paragraph simply was speaking to that.

You're an idiot who doesn't understand the fight business nor the actual sport of fighting, much less the posts you respond to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rampages's new twitter.....   rampages's new twitter..... Empty

Back to top Go down

rampages's new twitter.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next