Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bird: Modano signs with Detroit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Bird: Modano signs with Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:02 am

Your thoughts? I think it's a damn shame Nuiewendyk (spelling) couldn't find a million bucks and a third line roster spot for this class act to finish his career with one franchise. Remember, just a few short years ago Mo turned down a larger $ offer from the Blackhawks in favour of taking the home town discount to stay with the Stars. Apparently the loyalty didn't work both ways.

Detroit is a perfect fit though.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 am

This is absolutely disgusting .. Modano is the Dallas Stars and a slap to the face to its fans
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:14 am

its not Newi's fault its obvious

Hicks is flat broke were run by NHL, wasnt enough money to sign Modano for 800 grand

sad thing is he is easily still a 3rd or 4th liner

I have no problem with him gong to Detroit I had season tickets this year he still has it and is a scoring threat as always

hope he wins another title
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:29 am

Birdofthad wrote:
its not Newi's fault its obvious

Hicks is flat broke were run by NHL, wasnt enough money to sign Modano for 800 grand

sad thing is he is easily still a 3rd or 4th liner

I have no problem with him gong to Detroit I had season tickets this year he still has it and is a scoring threat as always

hope he wins another title

not sure I agree. Even a cash strapped team will approve the GM for a certain player personnel budget. what the GM does with that budget is up to him. I feel Joe just didn't want to take away the roster spot from a youngster he would like to develop. It's not like it was 5 million a year. Look at the signings Phoenix did with the NHL operating the team this year.

Last edited by Canvas on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re phrase for clarity)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:34 am

were run by NHL couldnt afford him think its clear atleast thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Welcome to a contender Mike LOL.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:32 am

they definitely fuckedMike though

Blackhawks wanted him at the trade deadline this year, he decided to stick around least they coulda fucking done was offer him a half mill deal or something for having to watch himself miss a Cup
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeah he did get screwed there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird: Modano signs with Detroit   Bird: Modano signs with Detroit Empty

Back to top Go down

Bird: Modano signs with Detroit
Page 1 of 1