Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
timthebim
dmar5143
Birdofthad
captainanddew
sugarrayhatton
RUM CAPITAL
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board Empty
PostSubject: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 pm

and that dude caloca had about 15 threads of just random shit. and then the rest of posters were talking about pac-floyd lmao. is there anyway of bringing joeygonzo and zingwings over here???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Joey is like Grant he fears the fact this board is associated with MMA. I did invite Zing but he never really answered.

You can try and persuade people to join if you want Rum but don't expect positive feedback, the majority of them judge this forum like a book cover and never give it a chance.

Some have joined in the past and never came back because it isn't as busy as ESPN's forum.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Joey is like Grant he fears the fact this board is associated with MMA. I did invite Zing but he never really answered.

You can try and persuade people to join if you want Rum but don't expect positive feedback, the majority of them judge this forum like a book cover and never give it a chance.

Some have joined in the past and never came back because it isn't as busy as ESPN's forum.
zing might have the same problem that i did. i didn't even know you could receive e-mails at the espn account lol i guess if by random pointless shit you mean busy then yeah espn is busier but when it comes to boxing this is by far better. if everybody's so worried about the mma shit why dont we go to a boxing site to make everybody happy lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:39 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

zing might have the same problem that i did. i didn't even know you could receive e-mails at the espn account lol i guess if by random pointless shit you mean busy then yeah espn is busier but when it comes to boxing this is by far better. if everybody's so worried about the mma shit why dont we go to a boxing site to make everybody happy lol

I would like to see Zing here, maybe you could float the idea to him.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 pm

espn isnt really about the boxing anymore, its about the craic
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 pm

ESPN's messageboard completely jumped the shark for me a few months ago when people would take a good thread and destroy it. On the 20th post, you'd have the post, HIJACKED, then 2-3 trolls would talk about their bowel movements, what girls they banged last night, whatever, to destroy a perfectly good thread.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 pm

ya I would say about March i gave up on ESPN
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 pm

caloca is the reason for that board being destroyed. he can be funny, but with him and KO and monster threads, and random crap threads, the whole thing has gone to fuck
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Its not only Calcoa and a few other regular posters. There has been a huge influx of Pac and Floyd nuthuggers in the last 18 months that was beyond annoying.

I like people who are decent but not diehard boxing fans. I value everyone's opinion.

Its just when the level of reasoning used is on par(sometimes less than) with what my 3 year old son can come up with, that I begin to question the IQ of the person posting.

Way too many of the Floyd or Pac fans were infuriating. You know the folks who basically post over and over, FLOYD IS THE GREATEST, HE'LL KICK EVERYONE'S ASS or PACMAN IS THE GREATEST, HE'LL DESTROY FLOYD.

On the espn board, after the Mayweather vs Marquez fight, Marble pointed out that Floyd's legs weren't as good as they were previously. I remember agreeing with that. A bunch of flomos started flaming!!!!! How dare anyone say anything negative about the fighter they sit at home and worship!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm

and the funny thing is marble picked Floyd over Pac hahahah
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm

i remember i posted a while back about the rojas-gamboa fight being made. and i got about 2 replies every other thread that day was pac-floyd or just about strippers and other shit. don't get me wrong a OT thread's fun once in a while but its a boxing message board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
and the funny thing is marble picked Floyd over Pac hahahah
Hey Bird this is an honest question. Do you think Floyd is making a huge mistake by waiting to fight Pac? Do you think if he waits another year or two its a big advantage for Pac?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Marble isn't the only one picking Floyd over Pac. I'm picking Floyd as well. He has the ability to figure out an opponent. Pac also is going to reach a point where he can't take any more shots from a welter. he looked beat up after beating down Cotto. Clottey lifted his feet off the canvas with the few uppercuts he landed. Pac may fight at welter, but his punch resistance is going to give out sooner than later.

If I'm Pac, I would be delaying, after seeing Floyd's legs in the Marquez and Mosley fights. Floyd had much less bounce in the legs, they seemed stiffer, and Floyd fought much more stationary in both fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Marble isn't the only one picking Floyd over Pac. I'm picking Floyd as well. He has the ability to figure out an opponent. Pac also is going to reach a point where he can't take any more shots from a welter. he looked beat up after beating down Cotto. Clottey lifted his feet off the canvas with the few uppercuts he landed. Pac may fight at welter, but his punch resistance is going to give out sooner than later.

If I'm Pac, I would be delaying, after seeing Floyd's legs in the Marquez and Mosley fights. Floyd had much less bounce in the legs, they seemed stiffer, and Floyd fought much more stationary in both fights.
Floyd is not a big welter either. He is not as big as Cotto or Clottey. Hell he hasnt even KO'd anyone in that division.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Floyd may not be a big welter or a big puncher, but he throws short, sharp shots. Pac isn't going to be in great shape late in that fight. Roach can prepare Manny all he want, but I think Manny will be open to the check hook that Floyd throws. I also think Floyd will jab as a jab would really trouble Pac.

I hate Floyd, but I think he is that damn good at figuring out what needs to be done to beat an opponent. I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I would be pulling for Pac that entire fight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Floyd may not be a big welter or a big puncher, but he throws short, sharp shots. Pac isn't going to be in great shape late in that fight. Roach can prepare Manny all he want, but I think Manny will be open to the check hook that Floyd throws. I also think Floyd will jab as a jab would really trouble Pac.

I hate Floyd, but I think he is that damn good at figuring out what needs to be done to beat an opponent. I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I would be pulling for Pac that entire fight.

I think Floyd will finally be hit often and flush and will get his ass KO'd. Also I see him getting KD early in the fight and running.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Sooner, I hope you are right!!!!
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:47 pm

floyd is big enough..he refushed to be weighed fight nite at the marquez fight where he was a solid 156..hes a full fledge welter.pac is not..if the fights held today ill pick floyd by 3 or 4 points maybe even a stopage..thats today..next year who knows..clottey snapped pacs head back 6 or 7 times in close with a left hook type upercut.hes to easy to hit and a quality fighter can time him easy..that may undue his fast handspeed and the volume of punches he throws...i hate floyd cause hes a jerkoff and yes ducked several figfhters and pac is my fav fighter today..i did see pac timed a few times and hurt and even decked once..when younger about 21 he got timed and was koed with one shot.out cold for a few minutes like walcott was..
floyd has to time him early a few times that can change the pace and outlook of the fight.whoever anyone picks if the fight were held TODAY its a good choice..
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I pick Floyd also just pointing out idiots that got mad at him for saying Floyds legs looked different

Floyd waiting wont hurt unless he is inactive during that entire stretch

but and this is a big but, lets say floyd waits 2 years, doesnt fight during the time, comes back and pulls a win over Pac, the haters cannot deny how huge that would be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
floyd is big enough..he refushed to be weighed fight nite at the marquez fight where he was a solid 156..hes a full fledge welter.pac is not..if the fights held today ill pick floyd by 3 or 4 points maybe even a stopage..thats today..next year who knows..clottey snapped pacs head back 6 or 7 times in close with a left hook type upercut.hes to easy to hit and a quality fighter can time him easy..that may undue his fast handspeed and the volume of punches he throws...i hate floyd cause hes a jerkoff and yes ducked several figfhters and pac is my fav fighter today..i did see pac timed a few times and hurt and even decked once..when younger about 21 he got timed and was koed with one shot.out cold for a few minutes like walcott was..
floyd has to time him early a few times that can change the pace and outlook of the fight.whoever anyone picks if the fight were held TODAY its a good choice..
Hey check that thread where I asked you guys a question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I pick Floyd also just pointing out idiots that got mad at him for saying Floyds legs looked different

Floyd waiting wont hurt unless he is inactive during that entire stretch

but and this is a big but, lets say floyd waits 2 years, doesnt fight during the time, comes back and pulls a win over Pac, the haters cannot deny how huge that would be
I only hate on Floyd for the dumbass things he does not the things he does in the ring. But yeah that would be a huge win.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:57 pm

sooner what thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 pm

ESPN is pretty bad right now, but it still has its moments. No sense in recruiting people. Everyone over there knows this exists and most of them just talk shit about us whenever it comes up. They take pride in sticking around and being loyal to the forum for whatever reason.

I'd say the saddest thing is the weekly FNF thread where it's pretty much jjdillon23 recapping the fights by himself.

I'm close to the point of calling some people out in a classy way because the past few weeks have been worse than when everyone on here remembers because every meaningful post gets drowned by the wave of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:51 pm

jjdillon23 has been on there for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board   LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board Empty

Back to top Go down

LMAO so i made the mistake of browsing the espn board
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next