Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

devon alexander wants to fight berto

Go down 
+6
UBeeg9cats
dmar5143
hardcoreBEE24
SlickMoneyXL
gomez1012
RUM CAPITAL
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

devon alexander wants to fight berto Empty
PostSubject: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 pm

this guy's really becoming one of my favorite fighters. they are trying to land the bradley fight but if they can't make that happen they said they want berto.
what do you guys think, is he ready for berto? i think he should first try to clean out 140 then take on berto.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:13 pm

I hope to see Bradley-Khan/Maidana in the fall followed by Devon vs Timmy in January

Fuck Berto

He can be fed to Cotto!
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm

If Alexander-Bradley doesnt happen then i wouldnt mind seein this. I think Alexander beats him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Devon should focus on Jr Welterweight first.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

I agree beat Kotelnick first. Then call out whoever you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Beat Kotlenik then face Bradley for the vacant Ring title in January.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:10 pm

fight the best and top fights you can get in either division..first come first served.good for alexander.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Im a fan of both these guys but I hope the fight doesn't happen. One, I think Alexander the Great should conquer JWW by taking out Bradley. He can then beef up his name if Khan accepts after that or he can move up for the big boys. Two, I think Berto gets unfairly criticized for his opponent selection. It must be tough to be the talented yet flawed young gun in the division full of P4P elite. Berto would lose to PBF and Pac big but who wouldn't? Then you have Shane and Cotto and neither deal can get done. Berto has fought Collazo, Quintana, and Urango. Those are all decent names. I could even stretch further for Forbes but I can see others denying that one. The point is Berto can only go from the kiddie pool to the ocean with no in between. Berto would get more crap slung his way if he took on another JWW.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I'd rather see Devon clear out 140, with Bradley being his next fight after Kotelnik for The Ring belt.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Alexander is a young talented guy. No need to jump up to 147 to face Berto. Let Alexander, Bradley, Maidana, and Khan, figure out how to get in the ring and sort out the current mess at 140. When that is done (hopefully within a year), then move to 147 and look for fights.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Only if anyone had the balls to fight him. I wouldnt mind seeig him KO Berto.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Don King hasn't done a very good job of getting devon fights. A little of that is the current climate where those top 4 guys don't want to face off. Alot of it is Don King sitting on his ass. It isn't a coincidence that alot of Don King fighters are inactive.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Don King hasn't done a very good job of getting devon fights. A little of that is the current climate where those top 4 guys don't want to face off. Alot of it is Don King sitting on his ass. It isn't a coincidence that alot of Don King fighters are inactive.
I disagree, he got Alexander 2 HBO dates in a row and a title shot at Witter before that on Showtime. It seems Alexander is the only guy he can promote, but alexander does that all by himself by having thousands of attending his fights at STL. THe kid is very popular in his hometown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am

Diego408 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Only if anyone had the balls to fight him. I wouldnt mind seeig him KO Berto.

I think it's more to do with the fact his promoter is Don King.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
this guy's really becoming one of my favorite fighters. they are trying to land the bradley fight but if they can't make that happen they said they want berto.
what do you guys think, is he ready for berto? i think he should first try to clean out 140 then take on berto.
I got Berto by KO.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:05 pm

I think he should clean out 140 first.

The last thing I want to see is Alexander turn into another Paul Williams jumping weightclasses so much he can't get a good fight in any division.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:36 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
I think he should clean out 140 first.

The last thing I want to see is Alexander turn into another Paul Williams jumping weightclasses so much he can't get a good fight in any division.

I don't mind ruling two close weight classes that in recent history top guys compete comfortably at both weights. See: Judah, Cotto, Mayweather, Hatton, Pacquiao. Bradley just fought at 147 and will probably float between the two. If they can make weight I see no issue if they can't get fights at 140 because of crappy promoters. Paul Williams can get a fight at either middleweight or jr Middleweight he's choosing to try and chase Pacquiao and Floyd at welter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: devon alexander wants to fight berto   devon alexander wants to fight berto Empty

Back to top Go down

devon alexander wants to fight berto
Page 1 of 1