Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT Empty
PostSubject: LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT   LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 am

untill powerpuncher comes back and resumes the series ill continue for him on a worthy topic..rodriguez ive seen fight 20 or more times.fast afoot that would make floyd and pac look like slow motion.fast hands well schooled in balance diustance combination punching angles and more..his record 107-13 with 49 kos i think..like many fighters had a few years fighting when hes past his best..his best stoped when he lost to benevenuti in 11 rounds of a excellent fight.after that fight he was 96-8 with losses coming from monzon benevinutti and lost 3 out of 4 to emile griffith..the fights were so close that it could of been 3-1 in luis favor.
his resume far exceeds anyone today..anyone.he beat 3 legit world champs and if there were 5 commisions back then well he realy then would of beat 20 different strapholders for sure..many of the fighters he beat would rank in the top 3 of the welter or middle division today..almost all the fighters ill mention would of been either a lineal champ or strapholder in todays world..he beat twice each middles hurricane carter benny briscoe ..also twice each skeeter mcclure former welter title holdere virgil akins and the crafty middle yama bahama....other very top middles he beat were joey giambra vincent rondon denny moyer georgie benton holly mims..top welters included griffith gene armstrong federico thompson charley scott beny kid paret issac logart sugar hart chico vejar ..he ducked no one.chalenged monzon to a spirited fight..why isnt this great fighter mentioned in talks by the forums...do we dismiss a great resume like this by saying SO WHAT thats the typical 50s early 60s fighter..they all fought everybody..
this was one great welter and if he were around today hed give fits to every welter out there..and would hold a win over them all..
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT   LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Dmar, I believe everything you say about Luis and I plan to study him. One thing I find very frustrating is the way boxers are forgotten. My first experience with it gave me the creeps. Some guy at the gym I worked out in barely knew Ray Leonard. Hell, my friends and I still discuss wars between Matthew Saad Muhammad and Yaqui Lopez. It's not the fans fault. The media will talk about old football and baseball players from now until the end of time. The boxing press fails in this area. No worries. People like you are here to remind us of the great fights that took place in other eras along with the great fighters that fought them. Thanks for the read.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT   LUIS RODRIGUEZ GREAT FIGHTERS RARELY TALKED ABOUT EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:51 pm

thanks dmar i had never heard about this guy. here's a vid of him.