Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Expendables

Go down 
+7
LTFG
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
SOKO
OU
r3dman7630
NoRegret
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Anybody gonna go see this movie?

Honestly, it looks a little suspect...but the cast in that movie is undeniable.

I may pay the money to see it just to see that cast all together in one movie.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm def gonna check it out...im not hyping it up tho, when i do the movie usually sucks. haha
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:16 pm

yeah, i'm really hoping it doesnt disappoint.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 pm

I have very, very low expectations for this movie. I think it will be just awful.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:21 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I have very, very low expectations for this movie. I think it will be just awful.
but are you going to see it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 pm

r3dman7630 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
but are you going to see it?

I never go to the movies, I'm more of a wait for video kind of guy. If I hear great things about it I might go give it a look. I just don't expect that to happen.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:46 pm

sly already said its low budget as shit so we shall see.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 pm

I bet the movie is gonna be alot better than what you guys are saying. We shall see. I am game for sure.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Many different perspectives on what qualifies 'good'. I expect action, explosion, cheesy one liners, campy buddy stuff. If it gives those things it has a chance to be entertaining enough to be good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Gotta say, regardless of the cast, any movie that appears to be this big a sausage fest is at best DVD worthy. You won't catch me near a movie house for the three weeks this will be playing...
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 am

can't figure out how Chuck Norris isn't in the cast....
Back to top Go down

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 am

If you're going to see it buy a big bag of popcorn and leave your brain at the door.
Back to top Go down

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 am

Canvas wrote:
can't figure out how Chuck Norris isn't in the cast....

Or JCVD.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 am

JCVD is overrated. I never liked him.

And Chuck Norris...that would be a little over the top and would take any sort of credibility that his film had...away IMO.
Back to top Go down

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am

NoRegret wrote:
JCVD is overrated. I never liked him.

And Chuck Norris...that would be a little over the top and would take any sort of credibility that his film had...away IMO.

Apologize at once young man !!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 am

The Expendables Chuck
Back to top Go down

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
The Expendables Chuck

Then I owe apologies to alot of young Mexican babies.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 pm

They also forgot about Seagal and Jackie Chan. How can you not include those two A listers?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
They also forgot about Seagal and Jackie Chan. How can you not include those two A listers?

What about Vin Diesel?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm

All I can say is that all of these guys had to be considered and they must have had other projects in the works. I mean Seagal is doing that show about being a fat cop, right? You know that Chan, Diesel, JCVD and Chuck must have things going on... Then again, Ahnold found time while successfully running a state? Knowing that, there's really no excuses for all of them not to be in this movie...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Maybe they didn't want to be on the Movie version of the Heat? Maybe they are trying to build their own dream team mega action movie? lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Seagal is going to be in Machete which is good enough
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Arnold and Willis have one small scene they probably completed in a couple of hours at most. Truth is, if Bolo Yeung doesn't have a surprise role as the super bad ass villain this film bombs like breakfast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 am

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Seagal turned it down.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Seagal turned it down.

Now that would be a real slap in the face to this flick. I don't think that guys turning anything down... You have to be getting offers to turn things down, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Expendables Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expendables   The Expendables Empty

Back to top Go down

The Expendables
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next