Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final take on Fight: I think it's on.

Go down 
+2
sugarrayhatton
4445Frank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  Empty
PostSubject: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 am

Regardless of what rumor is true or false, what deadlines are not met, whether Roger Mayweather does any jail time ( which I doubt), I'm 99 percent sure the Mayweather - Pac fight is happening in November. There is no way in hell that a man of Floyd's ego can walk away from a fight like this. I doubt he ever intended to. Here's my reasoning.

(1) Right now, MW has sport fans in the palm of his hand. He's never had this much power in relation to one fight. If there was an emergency announcement from MW and President Obama simultaneously, sports fans would go to Mayweather. That's power. It's finite and he knows it. Believe me, he's enjoying it. He's frustrating his detractors and loving every minute of it.

(2) Mayweather does not have the power to walk away from the biggest fight of his life. He wants this thing more than life itself. Also, rumored financial problems make this fight a must. He has trust in his defensive abilities should things get a little too dangerous with Manny.

(3) Mayweather knows even his most loyal fans are confused by his alleged refusal to fight Pacquiao. His detractors are calling him a coward. Manny has a sensational and exciting style so it's not like Mayweather's refusing to fight Pernell Whitiker here. That fight would've been easy to avoid. This is a prime Leonard turning his back on Duran. As we all know, that would never happen. Regardless of his conservative ring style, MW prides himself on machismo. He has no excuses to miss the November show and frankly, his denials are not believable. Casually dismissing the biggest fight of his life? This guy's a drama queen.

(3) I'm through with this thing now. lol: I think Manny will win, however you will see the fight come November. I'd just forget about everything at this point and bank on that. Just remember, keep your money in your pocket. This thing may go the distance and the powers that be will most likely want a rematch regardless of who wins. Should it go the distance, a controversial decision is almost a given here.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:13 am

i think floyd is a fighter at heart, ie very very deep inside lol this fight will happen, im not sure about november, but i know it will happen, and floyd will win when it does
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 am

sugarrayhatton wrote:
i think floyd is a fighter at heart, ie very very deep inside lol this fight will happen, im not sure about november, but i know it will happen, and floyd will win when it does
I think it's happening in November. I have Manny, but remember man, don't bet on this one. If you want to wager money, bet on the 2nd fight. Boxing is suffering and this fight has the potential to bring the sport more money than it's seen in a while. There will be a rematch.

Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 am

Just a quick note: This is different from Sugar Ray Leonard waiting Hagler out. I think that decision was based on Marvin's strength and Ray's fear of getting hurt against a prime Hagler. Ray knew he'd have a speed advantage against an older Hagler. Our situation is a polar opposite of the Leonard - Hagler situation. Manny, not Floyd, benefits from a later date. Floyd depends on speed and that's the first thing "Father Time" takes from a fighter. Manny's not getting slower anytime soon. Floyd is no dummy when it comes to picking opponents. He's fighting in Novemeber. I'm as sure of that as I would be if I was actually watching this fight.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 am

Man im would be confident enough to bet on mayweather at this stage lol he is near evens odds. I think he has the solution to the pacquiao enigma. and also SUGAR RAY LEONARD FTW!!! lol
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:03 am

Sugar, I hope we get the chance to debate on this thing. It'll be more fun than I've had in a while as a boxing fan. Leonard vs. MW. We'll never see that one but you probably know my opinion on that. lol: Let's stick to things we're going to see for now. Less frustrating where I'm concerned. Hell, it's been a job waiting on this one. It still is.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

manny will own may mark my word when and if may ever takes the fight
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 am

i think srl v flod would be an amazing fight, in the same vein pacquiao v duran would be an amazing fight. and to draw similarities to history, if pacquiao draws mayweather into a brawl ala duran v leonard 1, then he has a chance, but if floyd boxes to his ability i see an easy decision or even late stoppage
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:24 am

I agree with what Marble has been saying since last year:
Floyd beats Manny if a fight occurs

Time though is not on Floyd's side. His legs aren't what they were a few years ago. If the handspeed and reflexes slip, Manny might be able to land something early that changes the course of the fight.

Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 pm

I think they just wanted to have Arum put his foot in his mouth with some of his lying/exaggeration of the truth. Just IMO. I think negotiations were/are ongoing, but not to the point that Arum was claiming with his whole deadline nonsense. The whole "deadline" was nothing but a PR stunt anyways.

Only reason I would keep quiet in the position of Team Mayweather would be to make Bob Arum look like a total jackass after he talks to the media about a deadline and all that.

The fact that Arum admits he has never directly talked with anybody from Team Mayweather says enough to me about how far the negotiations are really along. Not very..... I think Arum knew this and was just hyping stuff up as usual without any regard to whether it was factual or not.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:47 pm

ODH was getting his information from somewhere. He said a deal was almost done. Schaefer wasn't saying anything to the media as he said there was a gag order during negotiations.

Greenberg hasn't come out at HBO and said there was no negotiations and he was the one going between both sides.

While Arum likes to exaggerate some, I think there is a shitload more truth in his statements than those that have come from Floyd's camp.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

victor879 wrote:
I think they just wanted to have Arum put his foot in his mouth with some of his lying/exaggeration of the truth. Just IMO. I think negotiations were/are ongoing, but not to the point that Arum was claiming with his whole deadline nonsense. The whole "deadline" was nothing but a PR stunt anyways.

Only reason I would keep quiet in the position of Team Mayweather would be to make Bob Arum look like a total jackass after he talks to the media about a deadline and all that.

The fact that Arum admits he has never directly talked with anybody from Team Mayweather says enough to me about how far the negotiations are really along. Not very..... I think Arum knew this and was just hyping stuff up as usual without any regard to whether it was factual or not.

glad someone else can see what was going on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
victor879 wrote:

glad someone else can see what was going on
That deal isnt signed yet is it? So who knows whats going on. This could all just be a stunt pulled by the Gayweather family. They could be trying to save face and have zero intentions of signing a fight. Arum could be working on another deal right now because he knows this also. I really really hope it gets signed though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final take on Fight: I think it's on.    Final take on Fight: I think it's on.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Final take on Fight: I think it's on.
Page 1 of 1