Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices Empty
PostSubject: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:44 pm

a good read on espns boxing page.dan said what we are all saying.cotto and margo no way..berto or bradley yes..forget alexander or williams dan says cause he hated hamon whos involved with them..
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:18 pm

From my post on Saturday(Arum conference call thread:

"Yeah, I'm rather put off by this situation. Arum is full of shit.
Clottey couldn't sell a fucking ticket to save his life. He never could. He couldn't sell a PPV to save his life. The PPV that Manny did vs Clottey did 700,000 buys (or something like that), and maybe 1% of that was due to Clottey.

Does dipshit think we are dumb? Margarito and Cotto are two guys past it. he won't dare put Manny in there with the long PW or the dangerous Bradley.

So Manny could take on Clottey, who can't sell a ticket, but he can't take on PW or Bradley. Such BULLSHIT!!!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL US YOU WILL ONLY MAKE FIGHTS WITH YOUR GUYS!!!

I would love for the first boxing writer to see Arum to tell him stop giving the fans a bowl of ice cream with shit in it and telling us that is chocolate syrup on top. "

Good of Rafael to say what fans like us are thinking and posting on forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:19 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
a good read on espns boxing page.dan said what we are all saying.cotto and margo no way..berto or bradley yes..forget alexander or williams dan says cause he hated hamon whos involved with them..
I want JMM at 135lbs but it doesnt matter who he fights as long as itsn not margo I dont want that cheater to get another fight.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

I don't want Margo to fight Pac as that fight has zero value to me.
Forgetting the cheating:
What does he have left?
-Mosley beat his ass down (after years of getting tagged by Cintron, PW, Clottey, Cotto, etc...). Then he sat for a year. Then he looked like shit against a mexican cab driver in his comeback.

And he someone has shown the form that means he should be facing an elite fighter???

Arum is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

i was just thinking.bob arum has one of the worlds most punchable faces..realy.look at it..its born to be punched..im calling out bob arum...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I don't want Margo to fight Pac as that fight has zero value to me.
Forgetting the cheating:
What does he have left?
-Mosley beat his ass down (after years of getting tagged by Cintron, PW, Clottey, Cotto, etc...). Then he sat for a year. Then he looked like shit against a mexican cab driver in his comeback.

And he someone has shown the form that means he should be facing an elite fighter???

Arum is a bitch.
I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
i was just thinking.bob arum has one of the worlds most punchable faces..realy.look at it..its born to be punched..im calling out bob arum...lol
LOL so who is older you or bob?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

bobs got me by a few years but ill fight without throwing the left..i promise you that bob.60-40 split in your favor..dallas statium..winner gets a few of the cowboy cheerleaders..thats my suplliment sooner..i predict bob dont last 30 seconds including the ten count..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
bobs got me by a few years but ill fight without throwing the left..i promise you that bob.60-40 split in your favor..dallas statium..winner gets a few of the cowboy cheerleaders..thats my suplliment sooner..i predict bob dont last 30 seconds including the ten count..
Take some Nano Vapor too. Also some ensure might help in the mornings. SO are you guys leaving the walkers behind or are they allowed. LOL

BTW I will take you in this one. Got to go with the younger fighter.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

im in great shape sooner..cant go 15 rounds but can do 5....arums asking for supliment testing up to 14 days till the fight..i want it up untill the day of the fight..im sending bob my deadline..its 6 pm est time..just before his second bottle of scotch.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Arum would quit as a promoter but he is afraid once he doesn't have to get up in the morning and bullshit people, he'll die.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm

naw captain..he can go back to being a lawyer..almost the same thing.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 pm

as an attorney, I'm agreeing. His entire adult life he has been selling people bullshit every single day. If he had to get up in the morning and find something that didn't involve a form of lying/stretching of the truth, he would lose all hope, and die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:41 pm

I may not enjoy Dan's tone at times but at least he's got the guts to use his position to criticize bad moves in boxing.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Dan's tone is horrible alot of the time.
In the chats he acts like a 3 year old. You don't agree with him he calls you names. If someone isn't too bright he calls him or her an idiot.

He loves to put down fighters, which is ridiculous.
Yes, Yuri Foreman is not scintillating alot of the time. Yes, the guy boxes and moves alot and has no power.
No need to call Foreman names for years. Foreman is in a ring with someone trying to punch him in the face, you are sitting on your fat ass eating twinkies and getting fatter. Calling someone boring is fine, but at a certain point, you are being a total asshole and someone needs to smack you in the face.

If I ever was at a fight and saw Mr. Twinkie, I'd probably trip him.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

I don't know what to think of the situation.

I can see where Arum is coming from.

Let's face some facts here. Mayweather, Williams and Berto are all managed by Al Haymon. Haymon won't let Berto in the ring with Manny because Manny will beat the hell out of him. And putting Williams in with Manny makes no sense for Haymon because if Williams takes out Manny Haymon won't get the Floyd money.

Haymon makes those fights nearly impossible.

I don't want to see Manny-Cotto II. But I'd rather see that than Bradley. The thought of Manny-Margo disgusts me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Dan's tone is horrible alot of the time.
In the chats he acts like a 3 year old. You don't agree with him he calls you names. If someone isn't too bright he calls him or her an idiot.

He loves to put down fighters, which is ridiculous.
Yes, Yuri Foreman is not scintillating alot of the time. Yes, the guy boxes and moves alot and has no power.
No need to call Foreman names for years. Foreman is in a ring with someone trying to punch him in the face, you are sitting on your fat ass eating twinkies and getting fatter. Calling someone boring is fine, but at a certain point, you are being a total asshole and someone needs to smack you in the face.

If I ever was at a fight and saw Mr. Twinkie, I'd probably trip him.

I completely agree Captain.

Dan can be a right Jackass in his chats, calling for banishment, calling you an idiot and sometimes not even to bother answe the question if you don't look at his precious articles. I wish ESPN would allow Kieran to cover the chats, his responses wouldn't be so hostile.

Jon Anik's chat in the MMA section is much more pleasant and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Forgetting Rafael's tone. There is something else that really bothers me about Rafael.

It is one thing for posters on a forum to take a position and ignore the other side completely.
He does so all the time.

You can have your belief but you need to have the ability to acknowledge that you aren't infallible and could be wrong. He never does. He is one of those people who never would admit he is wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Forgetting Rafael's tone. There is something else that really bothers me about Rafael.

It is one thing for posters on a forum to take a position and ignore the other side completely.
He does so all the time.

You can have your belief but you need to have the ability to acknowledge that you aren't infallible and could be wrong. He never does. He is one of those people who never would admit he is wrong.

He's still yet to shave his head after JMM vs Mayweather got 1 million buys Laughing
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:58 pm

He won't shave his head, because he's a jackass. I like the boxing writers who actually go the gyms to see guys in sparring, who see young prospects learning their craft, not the guys who just sit their fat ass at home for ESPN.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
im in great shape sooner..cant go 15 rounds but can do 5....arums asking for supliment testing up to 14 days till the fight..i want it up untill the day of the fight..im sending bob my deadline..its 6 pm est time..just before his second bottle of scotch.
LMFAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices   Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Raefeal slams Arums choices
Page 1 of 1