Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video Empty
PostSubject: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm

That was sad to watch.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Shamrock had the balance and reflexes of a 50 year old man.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm

wish he would have just shot atleast one time
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 am

Shamrock never had a chance, he likely wouldn't have gotten the takedown even if he tried. Pedro saw almost every single punch Ken threw way before it was even close to landing and half the time he was hitting Ken with a counter or two by he time Ken was done with the punching motion.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am

I just dont get it though in Kens first MMA career he was a master shootfighter, when he came back i think the Fujita fight gave him a false sense of belief in his stand up (which wasnt very good in his prime other than a hail mary bomb)

He stood with Tito, he stood with Buzz Barry, he stood with Pedro, all mistakes

hell he even stood with Ross Clifton and only got top game when he knocked him down

I am positive all the ACL injuries ruined his shoot
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 am

Bird,

Was Shamrock as cocky as he led on or was it schtick.I respected his skills early in his career,but was always turned off by his cockiness.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 am

every time I saw him/ was around him in my dads office, or at dinner he was nice as it gets, no cockiness, just all around genuine nice guy. Would sign autographs for all my friends call and tell us when he would be in town so my friends could come see him at the gym

Ken was originally a Japanese pro wrestler then got into Pancrase then UFC then WWF

I think he realized you had to give the fans something to either love or hate to self promote yourself and help the sport grow, he did it like no one else in my opinion

all schtick, a good example is after he beat you he was always respectful, shook your hand/hugged/talked, just like alst night
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am

he was however supremely confident in his abilities, I remember being in Puerto Rico before the first Kimo fight, Ken said this guy has no chance, I will beat him pretty easy

he was right

I think he just knew what he was capable of
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am

Birdofthad wrote:
every time I saw him/ was around him in my dads office, or at dinner he was nice as it gets, no cockiness, just all around genuine nice guy. Would sign autographs for all my friends call and tell us when he would be in town so my friends could come see him at the gym

Ken was originally a Japanese pro wrestler then got into Pancrase then UFC then WWF

I think he realized you had to give the fans something to either love or hate to self promote yourself and help the sport grow, he did it like no one else in my opinion

all schtick, a good example is after he beat you he was always respectful, shook your hand/hugged/talked, just like alst night

Thanks for clearing that up for me.I don't like smack talkers in my fighters.Glad to hear he was humble outside the octagon/ring.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am

sorry to stretch this out and keep on going, but I think Ken had a tremendous amount of respect for the sport and guys that would step in the cage against him which is why he hated Tito who acted like a white trash sack of shit when he would beat guys and always had an excuse when he lost
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 am

no problem winston, I remember when Tito said that shit about Ken being mean to fans and I was like bullshit

Tito makes shit up all the time and everytie I as around ken he was nice, granted I was a kid so whos going to be mean to a kid, but ya he was just a nice dude, I didnt realize who or what the hell he really did until he got into WWF (palm face haha)

he also was a guy that would teach the kids he trained value of being a good person and family stuff, he was very open about living in a abandoned car as a kid and being saved by Bob Shamrock and stuff, sad to see his career end like this though
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 am

Remember Sonny West cleaning Don Frye's clock?I heard Frye is a real prick when he's been drinking.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am

I dont doubt anyone being a prick when their drinking, i did meet Frye at UFC 8 and all I could say was he was real nnice as well, it was is first event and I will always remember him as the fireman from Arizona that fought in the UFC hahah

Tank Abbott easily the biggest piece of shit fighter I ever met
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:02 am

[quote="Birdofthad"]I dont doubt anyone being a prick when their drinking, i did meet Frye at UFC 8 and all I could say was he was real nnice as well, it was is first event and I will always remember him as the fireman from Arizona that fought in the UFC hahah

Tank Abbott easily the biggest piece of shit fighter I ever met[/quote

I remember Belfort making Abbott pay for disrespecting the Gracies.Tank was a major league prick.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am

it was great I remember when Tank was suspended for fighting in the stands and calling Big Johns wife a bitch and damn neaer starting a riot , he had to do commentary when Vitor ate Scott Ferrozzo alive Tank was like I can beat the punk up

Tank lasted less than a minute I loved it

he was a true sack of shit slime ball, not one fighter there for the UFC event could stand him it was funny, it was literally like every fighter on the UFC 8 card vs Tank, no one liked him and everyone wanted to kick his ass
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Remember Sonny West cleaning Don Frye's clock?I heard Frye is a real prick when he's been drinking.

I meant Sonny Westbrook,doh!
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 am

Tank got blown out by Slice.Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 am

hahaha I happily watched that fight and won money on it hahah a sucker bet me on it
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 am

Ken needs to fight Tank
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:32 am

Do you think Shamrock could have slugged it out with Slice as washed up as Ken was?I remember Abbott talking shit about Kimbo kicking Ken's ass.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:34 am

He was supposed to actually, Bird, until the steroid scandal of 2008 after he beat Ross Clifton. Tank fought on the same card and won his fight. They were supposed to fight later that year but Shamrock got his license suspended and Tank kind of disappeared off the face of the earth it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 am

I remember hearing about a fight Chuck Liddell got into back stage where he was backed into a corner swinging against like 6 people or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 am

your right Ludo, Ken vs Tank was supposed to happen I think it still should Ken can beat Tank I pray,

Ludo are you talking about the Brawl at the Hall fight? it was in London Chuck got surrounded knocked the shit out of everyone Tito Ortiz thought jeeze that looks fun and easy and ran into the scrap and got knocked the fuck out
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Very sad to watch.....cmon Ken do the right thing and hang it up. You going to ruin your rep by keep doing these fights, and you will end up going out as a hasbeen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video   Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video Empty

Back to top Go down

Pedro Rizzo vs Ken Shamrock video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next