Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Okami vs. Munoz...

Go down 
+5
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
Ludo
boomer sooner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Who are you taking? You think Munoz can replicate Sonnen's gameplan and get a win of Okami? I think Munoz is a sleeping giant in this divison and just left him out of the top ten. The winner of this fight is probably a win away from a title shot. The winner of this fight face Wanderlei for the title shot after Vitor's?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Munoz can take this with his hard hitting hands. Dude has bricks at the end of his arms and he throws them hard especially on the ground. If he gets a takedown Okami could be out before long.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Okami just cause I know more about him but actually was gonna ask how did the hughes Okami fight paly out I never saw it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Tough fight to call. All depends on what kind of game Okami brings with him. Munoz may never fully live down that Hamill loss but he is starting to regain some of the hype he had coming into the WEC and later UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tough fight to call. All depends on what kind of game Okami brings with him. Munoz may never fully live down that Hamill loss but he is starting to regain some of the hype he had coming into the WEC and later UFC.

Your right Wolf Munoz will definitely never leave that Hamill KO down. I also think he loses this fight to Okami. It is 50-50 but I just have a gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:04 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Your right Wolf Munoz will definitely never leave that Hamill KO down. I also think he loses this fight to Okami. It is 50-50 but I just have a gut feeling.

Munoz should not have been at LHW anyways. I was riding high on him when he came out. Kendall Grove could have taken that fight if he wasn't so stupid. I am gonna still ride with Munoz in this fight though. Munoz needs to work on his stand up more than Brock right now imo. If he gets Okami on his back it is over for sure.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 am

Does everyone think the winner here fighting Wanderlei for the next title shot, after Vitor, would be a good idea? Who else is on deck for the title?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 am

Marquardt if he beats Palhares will be in the picture, Leben if he gets another couple wins or one good calliber win.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:07 am

I think Marquardt needs to string together something like three quality wins following the Sonnen fight. Marquardt looks great, but never seems to deliver when it counts. He got his first title shot off of wins over Dean Lister and Joe Doerkson. Than with a shot on the line he loses to Leites and most recently Sonnen. He looks like freak, wrestles with great partners, shows sick striking at times and is a black belt in BJJ, but just seems to stumble too often.

I suppose Palhares should be in the picture too if he wins. That would be four decent wins in a row.

As for Leben, it wasn't that long ago when he was outpointed by Bisping and sub'd by Rosholt. And no man that lost to Kalib Starnes should ever be allowed to compete for a title.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 am

im taking Munoz i think. He looks awesome at 185.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:49 am

I will say munoz he seems to be improving and has natural power.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Munoz via funky Filipino
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Marquardt was the #2-#3 Middleweight in the world before losing to the #6-#7 in Sonnen. Yes it was one sided but that alone should not require him to string together 3 wins to get back into title contention seeing as he was at the cusp of just that before Vitor Belfort entered the scene again. If the UFC hadn't wanted to vault Vitor into a title fight while the hype was still hot Marquardt would have had the title shot instead of fighting Sonnen at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Okami vs. Munoz... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami vs. Munoz...   Okami vs. Munoz... Empty

Back to top Go down

Okami vs. Munoz...
Page 1 of 1