Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?

Go down 
+6
captain organic
chorky777
timthebim
LA
KingsOwn19
OU
10 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? Empty
PostSubject: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Who comes back stronger? I think we will see two scary fuckers when these guys return. Fedor sounded like he is somewhat relieved he lost and I think he will be a better version then ever. Saw a video just now of BJ saying he dislikes Frankie for trying to dodge him by fighting Gray.
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/30/1545553/good-news-for-bj-penn-fans-bad
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Tough call. I think BJ will because i expect to see a blood bath in his rematch.

...i think they both win their next fights though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:56 pm

I can see BJ coming back and destroying poor little Frankie Sad

Who knows about Fedor, he seems close to retiring and has lost his invincibility factor.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:58 pm

BJ, the fights are only gonna get tougher for Fedor, especially if he comes to the UFC.

I fully expect Fedor to stomp Werdum if they rematch, which they shouldn't, but who knows with SF. And for clarification, what I mean by that is Werdum should fight Reem next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:00 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
BJ, the fights are only gonna get tougher for Fedor, especially if he comes to the UFC.

I fully expect Fedor to stomp Werdum if they rematch, which they shouldn't, but who knows with SF. And for clarification, what I mean by that is Werdum should fight Reem next.

+1
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

BJ definitely because I still think BJ is closer to his prime than Fedor at this stage, plus the size of the HWs Fedor has to compete with is very hard for him going forward especially.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I think we are going to see 2 scary monsters. I feel sorry for anyone that has to step in the cage with them next. I can't wait to see them both back in action...I'm not even a fan of either guy but that is going to be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 pm

I love BJ and cant wait to see him destroy frankie in the rematch.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 pm

As a fan of Fedor, and a BJ hater, I still think BJ comes back stronger. He's head and shoulders better than most of the lightweights, including Frankie, where Fedor is gonna have troubles with some of the bigger heavies if he decides to continue.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 pm

timthebim wrote:
BJ definitely because I still think BJ is closer to his prime than Fedor at this stage, plus the size of the HWs Fedor has to compete with is very hard for him going forward especially.

I'm rollin with the bim on this one.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:39 am

I think BJ is going to really fuck Frankie up. Frankie may have gotten to wear the belt for a while, but I got a feeling he will never wear it again and won't be worth a shit after the ass beating he is gonna take.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 am

Fedor hasn't had problems with big heavies in the past, so not sure he'll have as many problems as everyone assumes, but it is a possibility. He hasn't fought this type of large wrestler either.

I don't suppose seven years of dominance deserves an immediate rematch against the first loss? Alistair seems to have more openings with Dream fights falling through, so if he is actually able to fight Werdum in the near future, I would like Fedor to fight the winner of that fight. No tune up or build back required.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:11 am

Maybe Wolf, but he did look chunkier than he has in the past and though he was never exactly light on his feet, he seemed to plod a lot more than we have seen. He really needs to take a look at the sport as it is, instead of how it was. I will grant however, that his hands seemed a lot faster than usual, but Fab dealt with them nicely.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 am

I don't think he is "living in the past" all of a sudden to where he needs to "look at the sport and evaluate his place". That is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. F
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:01 am

So you think he has a 'Grand view' of the model, placement, and knowledge of modern MMA? If that was so, he would be in the UFC and making a hell of a lot more money for M-1, instead of fighting wannabes and soon to be elevated fighters to the UFC. It may seem I am as kissing, but they have the model, money and business mind to make the sport one of the best worldwide and not just another 'Left Coast' wet dream.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 am

fedor cause frankie wins the rematch
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:14 am

Hate to argue with you, but Frankie is gonna get fucked up!
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:45 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Hate to argue with you, but Frankie is gonna get fucked up!

well how bout a AV bet come fight time drew. I would hope bj would redeem himself but I think edgar comes in even better than last time. should be a war
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 am

It'll be a ground battle and we know who wins it there whether on top or bottom.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 am

LudoCain wrote:
It'll be a ground battle and we know who wins it there whether on top or bottom.

not out of the question that the wrestler could win a ground battle.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:44 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Maybe Wolf, but he did look chunkier than he has in the past and though he was never exactly light on his feet, he seemed to plod a lot more than we have seen. He really needs to take a look at the sport as it is, instead of how it was. I will grant however, that his hands seemed a lot faster than usual, but Fab dealt with them nicely.

plod alot more? The fight was standing for all of 15 seconds, and during that time Fedor scored a knockdown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

I don't think Werdum was buzzed, he looked like he lost his balance.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 am

It looked more like he flopped hoping to draw Fedor in. If he was really rocked those first few shots would likely have rendered him out of the fight.

It's not out of the question for the wrestler to win but Frank isn't exactly world class with his wrestling, and he's alot smaller than BJ so I just don't see him controlling BJ like GSP did. Even Matt Hughes had trouble with BJ on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?   Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who comes back stronger: BJ or Fedor?
Page 1 of 1