Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'd like this board a lot more if...

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
Ring
dmar5143
4445Frank
NBrooks5
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

I'd like this board a lot more if... Empty
PostSubject: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

there was a little more activity.

I know we all have lives but there seems to be too much righteous bullshit over here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:30 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
there was a little more activity.

I know we all have lives but there seems to be too much righteous bullshit over here.
OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm

I think it's a combination of people having stuff to do, people dealing with stuff, and a lack of significant fights. That and our numbers aren't that big.

I don't think it's righteous bullshit. If anything people don't give enough of a fuck (always liked that expression). People are busy doing other things or don't see anything that they have a new opinion on. If you want activity, make activity.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Gumby wrote:
I think it's a combination of people having stuff to do, people dealing with stuff, and a lack of significant fights. That and our numbers aren't that big.

I don't think it's righteous bullshit. If anything people don't give enough of a fuck (always liked that expression). People are busy doing other things or don't see anything that they have a new opinion on. If you want activity, make activity.
Agreed. I've been really busy all day. If I could stay on here and talk boxing all day, I would. I think everyone feels that way. Also, our interest lies in a sport where there is anarchy. It is not really controlled or legislated. The best do not have to fight the best unlike NFL football, the NBA, take your pick. That brings motivation down. The upside is, it's always darkest before the dawn. Where I'm concerned, if a big fight is called off, I'll go back and look at Robinson vs. LaMatta or something similar. I love the sport and I never get tired of greatness. Boxing has it's ups and downs and so does this board. However, I think it's a great club. I'm very happy to be a part of this very special group of people.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 pm

activity comes in spirts..i dont see any righteous stuff at all..please give examples..the topics have in general been excellent and without espn nonsence of name calling insults getting off topic or the manny-floyd road show ...
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

frank...great anser
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

My 2 cents: You're never going to have the volume of posters or threads that you had at ESPN, but that's fine with me. As long as I can come here, and discuss boxing, upcoming fights, and live fights, with a few of the people I know who post here, it's all good. I don't miss the troll daycare/zoo at ESPN one little bit.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 pm

amen ring
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:55 pm

righteous b.s. ? perhaps you'd be better served at another board.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Not sure I even understand what you're saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Canvas wrote:
righteous b.s. ? perhaps you'd be better served at another board.
LOL
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 pm

More activity would be great. As long as we avoid trolls that made ESPN a pain in the ass

At ESPN; Out of every 30 new threads a day (random guess)
20 would deal with Pac and Mayweather
6 would be random and have nothing really to do with boxing
4 would be threads worth participating in, but these threads would get hijacked by trolls.

Many posters there didn't understand simple terms. I don't claim to be a boxing genius by any means. But:

A fighter that is ranked in the top 5 in a weight class really can't be a tomato can.

Every fighter that lost for the first time is exposed on the ESPN board. Ward could beat Dirrell, beat Abraham in the semis, lose a competitive bout in the finals, and THERE WILL STILL BE 10 ANDRE WARD EXPOSED THREADS ON ESPN.

Run up to big fights was the worst. Thread after thread of guys saying who would win, but 90% of people had no rationale for why their fighter would win.

I'm all for people stating their opinion. But when your post consists of :

Fighter X is going to destroy fighter Y.

Another poster asks why? and the response is Fighter X is great and fighter Y sucks.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:
More activity would be great. As long as we avoid trolls that made ESPN a pain in the ass

At ESPN; Out of every 30 new threads a day (random guess)
20 would deal with Pac and Mayweather
6 would be random and have nothing really to do with boxing
4 would be threads worth participating in, but these threads would get hijacked by trolls.

Many posters there didn't understand simple terms. I don't claim to be a boxing genius by any means. But:

A fighter that is ranked in the top 5 in a weight class really can't be a tomato can.

Every fighter that lost for the first time is exposed on the ESPN board. Ward could beat Dirrell, beat Abraham in the semis, lose a competitive bout in the finals, and THERE WILL STILL BE 10 ANDRE WARD EXPOSED THREADS ON ESPN.

Run up to big fights was the worst. Thread after thread of guys saying who would win, but 90% of people had no rationale for why their fighter would win.

I'm all for people stating their opinion. But when your post consists of :

Fighter X is going to destroy fighter Y.

Another poster asks why? and the response is Fighter X is great and fighter Y sucks.

Allan Green is going to kick Kesslers ASS.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 pm

I do miss Grantzilla from ESPN.

I would guess he is still going off about the sad state of the HW division, how pathetic 12 punches a round (Haye) is, and how the alphabet organizations are garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I do miss Grantzilla from ESPN.

I would guess he is still going off about the sad state of the HW division, how pathetic 12 punches a round (Haye) is, and how the alphabet organizations are garbage.
You miss that?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 pm

LOL. Sooner-keep banging the drum as president of the Green fanclub.

I hope he brings it versus Kessler.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 pm

lol sooner i agree..dont miss any of it...is there any date set for green=kessler
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 pm

I have no idea about grant's background (age, occupation, location, race, etc...), but he posted like a cranky old man. I was waiting for him to pull a Clint Eastwood and tell a bunch of kids to get off his lawn the way he posted. Alot of his stuff was amusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
lol sooner i agree..dont miss any of it...is there any date set for green=kessler
I dont think so. Hell yeah I will keep up the big Green support and I will talk shit like a troll because after the Ward fight I have zero reasons (logical anyways) to pick Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I have no idea about grant's background (age, occupation, location, race, etc...), but he posted like a cranky old man. I was waiting for him to pull a Clint Eastwood and tell a bunch of kids to get off his lawn the way he posted. Alot of his stuff was amusing.
Grant drove me nuts most of the time. He finally just started pissing me off at the end.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 pm

sooner i just check.sept 25th green-kessler...do or die day for both i think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Cant wait. If Kessler wins you guys will never see Green again. I will though in Miami, Oklahoma fighting infront of hometown crowds once again.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
Cant wait. If Kessler wins you guys will never see Green again. I will though in Miami, Oklahoma fighting infront of hometown crowds once again.

I've lost all interest I had in Green after the way he looked against Ward, I can't see him doing any better against Kessler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I've lost all interest I had in Green after the way he looked against Ward, I can't see him doing any better against Kessler.
If he KO's Kessler he can be right back in the mix. But right now it looks like a big IF.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

If he KO's Kessler he can be right back in the mix. But right now it looks like a big IF.

After running his mouth about how he was going to kick Ward's ass for several months, all Green could do after the fight was make pathetic excuses for his shitty performance. The biggest fight of his life and Green doesn't train right for it? I lost any respect I had for this chump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like this board a lot more if...   I'd like this board a lot more if... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd like this board a lot more if...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next