Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"

Go down 
+4
Farmer1906
EliteAcidBurn
LTFG
OU
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" Empty
PostSubject: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/06/dana-white-fedor-emelianenko-will-put-strikefarce-out-of-business/
“They have no money, no fighters. They’re a small-town show. Cung Le hasn’t defended the title since like 1997. Josh Thomson hasn’t defended the belt in like two years. Who’s their other champion? Alistair Overeem? He hasn’t defended the belt in like two years. It’s Strike-Farce. It’s a little regional show with no one in it…. [Fedor Emelianenko will] put them out of business. They have no money and no distribution. You know how many people watch their fights? Their last fight [on Showtime cable], 245,000 people watched that fight. That’s nothing…. I offered him a great deal. I guarantee you the Strikeforce deal wasn’t in the same universe with ours. it wasn’t close. They probably didn’t even pay him as much as Affliction was.”

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm

He's right on the button with just about every comment. I'm not sure Faydoor will ruin them though. And just continuing to go on about it shows sour grapes and just how pissed he is that he couldn't land the biggest turd in the toilet...

BTW Sooners, now that you've hit blue belt you just need to stop posting...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
He's right on the button with just about every comment. I'm not sure Faydoor will ruin them though. And just continuing to go on about it shows sour grapes and just how pissed he is that he couldn't land the biggest turd in the toilet...

BTW Sooners, now that you've hit blue belt you just need to stop posting...

Strikeforce willing to co-promote with anyone and everyone should help some. I guess Strikefore and DREAM are the 2nd and 3rd largest organizations now? If they can't find some way to stay in business how can anyone else?

damn, didn't even pay attention. I didn't even realize I was even close.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

opps didnt even see this before i posted mine

MINE IS BETTER MINE IS BETTER
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:35 pm

That could very well happen. Look at every other org Fedor has been with.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Interesting thought line Farmer... Is Faydoor the proverbial jinx to MMA orgs?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

jinx or does he get paid too much for not being as big of a draw?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Nah, the difference between a hundred grand here or there isn't what's killing these companies... It's just having him on the roster, perhaps...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Affliction sold shirts and tried to use him to run a fight business. Bodog is a fucking gambling website. None of these guys were fight promoters.

It's insulting to Fedor, Strikeforce and anyone else involved to think Fedor is the reason these companies go bankrupt. But if you really think that, it mostly insults yourself. Think please. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm

LTFG you're remarkably prone to stupid mentalities for someone as smart as you are. Paradox total man. Shit.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Damn kid, you really need to learn to chill. You may want to head back to school and take Sarcasm 101 to continue on this board. I honestly have never seen anyone get sooo bent sooo fast about sooo little. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who is at the opposite end of your tirades and insults... I was beginning to think it was personal. Take a breath and mellow out. Jesus, go get a hooker and release some anxiety if that's what it takes...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

LOL LTFG. Everytime I make fun of you for something dumb you say you simply respond with "naw dude im just a troll chill out take a xannax", which is pretty much my response to what you say.

Note budday - nothing I say is ever that serious. This is an MMA forum where I am a mod. How serious could such a place ever possibly be. This is wolf you dealin wit.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:17 pm

THEY ALL GET THE M-1 VIRUS, THEN IT IS ALREADY TO LATE
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LOL LTFG. Everytime I make fun of you for something dumb you say you simply respond with "naw dude im just a troll chill out take a xannax", which is pretty much my response to what you say.

Note budday - nothing I say is ever that serious. This is an MMA forum where I am a mod. How serious could such a place ever possibly be. This is wolf you dealin wit.

Yeah... Okay buddy. You getting bent over a couple of guys joking about a fighter being a jinx, a jinx for crying out loud (Is there such a thing?) and calling them stupid for it is nothing but you being you? And when it's obvious and dripping with sarcasm, they are the dumb ones for calling you out for being reactionary? I'm pretty disappointed Wolf...

Seriously, a little light hearted banter is a good release for me. But when you can't keep up and start to take things seriousy and start insulting people in every post and insulting their significant others, you have taken the light hearted fun out of it. You have crossed a line and any respect for you I had is gone... I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Are others that have an intelligent opinion on most subjects here really that big of a threat to you? Don't bother answering... I know it was your goal all along, but I'm done with you, you little fuck...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:27 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yeah... Okay buddy. You getting bent over a couple of guys joking about a fighter being a jinx, a jinx for crying out loud (Is there such a thing?) and calling them stupid for it is nothing but you being you? And when it's obvious and dripping with sarcasm, they are the dumb ones for calling you out for being reactionary? I'm pretty disappointed Wolf...

Seriously, a little light hearted banter is a good release for me. But when you can't keep up and start to take things seriousy and start insulting people in every post and insulting their significant others, you have taken the light hearted fun out of it. You have crossed a line and any respect for you I had is gone... I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Are others that have an intelligent opinion on most subjects here really that big of a threat to you? Don't bother answering... I know it was your goal all along, but I'm done with you, you little fuck...

Can't handle wife jokes? Ok I'll stop doing those. How bout yo momma jokes?

And the only thing dripping is my cock when your wife's around...oh shit forgot, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:32 pm

wolfy go talk shit on the off topic forum
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:36 pm

hi farmer how r u buddy
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Good

Excited my buddy got back from Iraq so were going out to get drunk tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Here is previous quote from Dana on Strikeforce. I wonder why he changed his mind?:

White was asked a question about Strikeforce, whose NBC late-night show drew a record-high of 1.1 million viewers recently, and in the answer he praised the regional promotion for doing things the right way.

“I think that’s awesome. I think that’s great. Strikeforce is a good show. They’ve been putting on good fights for a long time. They run a great business. It’s good. That’s a good thing. It’s a positive thing.”

“These guys run a real promotion,” added White. “They know how to run a promotion. They don’t try to tamper with fights. They don’t have (expletive) goofballs from backyard barbecues fighting. It’s a good thing. I hope they do ten million viewers next week.”
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Fedor and M-1 Idea
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

But Dana couldn't get Fedor without M-1 legally and he knows it. Why is it Strikeforces' fault?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:06 pm

This new alliance is a threat to UFC legitimacy maybe, but not to their bottom line. Another promotion having fighters at this level makes the UFC angry, but is it really a threat to their PPV buys?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This new alliance is a threat to UFC legitimacy maybe, but not to their bottom line. Another promotion having fighters at this level makes the UFC angry, but is it really a threat to their PPV buys?

At this point I'd say no but if SF keeps growing and puts on a blockbuster fight on Shotime or CBS the same night UFC is doing a PPV then yes.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Strikeforce is not going anywhere. They have a great business model and i doubt anything has changed with their recent signings. Afflictions problem was everybody was getting paid top dog money. Arlovski, Syvia, Fedor, Lindland, Belfort, Barnett, Rothwell were all making as much money as the typical UFC top draw and that is for the same card. The preliminary bouts would rival the UFC main card bouts as far as payouts go. So it's ignorant when people try to blame that on Fedor, he is the only reason they drew at all and they probably would have got the same buyrate without the very expensive undercard and actually made a good profit. That was easily Tom Atencio's fault. BoDog was nothing and at no point on Strikeforce's level.

As for UFC counter programming. They counter programmed Shamrock-Diaz with GSP-PENN replay and Strikeforce got an excellent rating for premium cable, Strikeforce has proved they can hold their own and i doubt it will change.

I do agree with Dana about Cung Le, Thomson, and Overeem though. Shit or get off the pot, it's ridiculous that these guys don't ever defend their titles, i think it only cheapens Strikeforce. Hopefully that changes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Kings own is the only guy making sense these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"   Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business" Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana "Fedor will put Strikeforce out of business"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next