Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P

Go down 
+3
NBrooks5
dmar5143
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm

whats a WAG? lol over here it means "wives and girlfriends" in reference to footballers
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
whats a WAG? lol over here it means "wives and girlfriends" in reference to footballers

Sorry. Wild-Assed Guess.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Margarita belongs in jail, not a boxing ring. HBO just did a special on the "Billy Collins Jr. vs. Luis Resto" fight. Resto loaded his gloves (At the request of Panama Lewis) and ended the career of Collins Jr. Billy Jr. would later go on to take his own life. Luis Resto regrets his actions. Panama Lewis has no soul or real intelligence outside of training fighters. You would think that documentary would have an effect on boxing's actions towards fighters attacking other fighters with deadly weapons. However, Bob Arum... I've run out of insults for this thing that resembles a human being. AM will not get anything resembling a license in the US. Therefore, the fight will have to be taken to Mexico. I'm not blaming Pacquiao. It's hard enough to train to be a great fighter. That's his job. Roach and Arum are supposed to take care of the rest. Also, Pac grew up on the streets so he may think of Margaritos tactics different than the rest of us. However, if you want to unload on Pac, I won't defend him in this case.He's wrong. Whether he knows it or not is not the issue. I'm writing about your point in this thread because your original thread graduated to another subject and I didn't want to crash in on it. However, thanks for your commentary Krazy. I hope other people fight the good fight and try to stop this thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Marble do you think that marciano should be on that list? I think he really should. He was a 185lb fighter that beat the best HW's of his day.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:50 pm

lol i say yes so did frank so did you.marble may say no..the votes are what it is.if he didnt make it..ohh well..if he made it then hes in..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:53 pm

again if a guy gets a yes and someone thinks hes number 4 or 5 does that weight more then a vote someone else gets at 10..what im saying if one guy gets 4 votes in the 4 or 5 number that should be better then a guy getting 5 votes one at 9 four at number 10..how do you caculate..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:56 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
again if a guy gets a yes and someone thinks hes number 4 or 5 does that weight more then a vote someone else gets at 10..what im saying if one guy gets 4 votes in the 4 or 5 number that should be better then a guy getting 5 votes one at 9 four at number 10..how do you caculate..
I think bird used the same system i do. 10pts for a number 1, 9 for 2, so on and so on. But I am not sure how marciano didnt get enough votes to be at least in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:00 pm

you mean not votes but enough points..for voting for number ten is one point number 4 is 6 points number 1 ten points..thats a good system. i feel strongly he belongs..if he didnt get the points then ohh well.he didnt make it.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm

sooner bird calculated wrong..i voted rocky number 5 i think you had him at 4thats 13 points alone..frank had him in the top 5 or 6 thats another 4 at least making 17 points.without anyone else voting for him that puts him at number8..he got in but was overlooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
you mean not votes but enough points..for voting for number ten is one point number 4 is 6 points number 1 ten points..thats a good system. i feel strongly he belongs..if he didnt get the points then ohh well.he didnt make it.
Yes points not votes. LOL
Eventually we need to do this list over. We have a lot more members now on this board.

Bird do you want to do it over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner bird calculated wrong..i voted rocky number 5 i think you had him at 4thats 13 points alone..frank had him in the top 5 or 6 thats another 4 at least making 17 points.without anyone else voting for him that puts him at number8..he got in but was overlooked.
I cant believe we didnt notice it at all. LOL How bad is that?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 pm

stop drinking lol..then put him in at least number 8 since he was rightly voted in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
stop drinking lol..then put him in at least number 8 since he was rightly voted in.
I will let Bird do it. Its his thread. I think he will want to redo the list anyways because of the number of new people we have now since we made this list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 am

Does this really need to be stickied ? It's not like it's going to change anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Does this really need to be stickied ? It's not like it's going to change anytime soon.
I think we should redo it myself but I say we let Bird decide.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

theres noo need to redue..folks voted...new folks can express there thoughts..are we going to revote every time 4 new folks join..marciano was voted in and point wise is our 8 th choice..is that been changed thus eliminating who evers 10th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:06 pm

My list

1) Sugar Ray Robinson
2) Joe Louis
3) Henry Armstrong
4) Muhammad Ali
5) Roberto Duran
6) Benny Leonard
7) Harry Greb
Cool Archie Moore
9) Willie Pep
10) Carlos Monzon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3