Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P

Go down 
+3
NBrooks5
dmar5143
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P Empty
PostSubject: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 am

1. Ray Robinson (89 points)
2. Henry Armstrong (61 points)
3. Muhammad Ali (59 points)
4. Joe Louis (46 points)
5. Willie Pep (45 points)
6. Harry Greb (22 points)
7. Roberto Duran (20 points)
8. Rocky Marciano (13 points)
9. Ray Leonard (11 points)
10. Jack Johnson (10 points)

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 am

Birdofthad wrote:
1. Ray Robinson (89 points)
2. Henry Armstrong (61 points)
3. Muhammad Ali (59 points)
4. Joe Louis (46 points)
5. Willie Pep (45 points)
6. Harry Greb (22 points)
7. Roberto Duran (20 points)
8. Ray Leonard (11 points)
9. Jack Johnson (10 points)
10. Sam Langford and Archie Moore (tied with 9 points)
How many points did Pac get?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Dont be a hater you little Flomo. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:29 am

I am not a hater just a realest. Manny isn't worthy of the top ten, he needs to do alot more work to crack the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I am not a hater just a realest. Manny isn't worthy of the top ten, he needs to do alot more work to crack the list.
Like what? Lets be level headed and talk this out honey. Really there is not much more for him to do in boxing. The only thing left is Floyd. What does a guy that started at 106 need to do? Fight SM and become the MW title holder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 am

For Manny to crack that list in my opinion he would have to..

Beat Juan Manuel Marquez decisively at 135lb or at a catchweight between Lightweight and Jr Welterweight.

Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr at Welterweight.

Beat a Jr Middleweight at 154lb.

Defend his Ring Jr Welterweight belt against the #1 contender Timothy Bradley or Devon Alexander.

If he done that I would start to consider him in the top 15 or top 10 ATG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
For Manny to crack that list in my opinion he would have to..

Beat Juan Manuel Marquez decisively at 135lb or at a catchweight between Lightweight and Jr Welterweight.

Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr at Welterweight.

Beat a Jr Middleweight at 154lb.

Defend his Ring Jr Welterweight belt against the #1 contender Timothy Bradley or Devon Alexander.

If he done that I would start to consider him in the top 15 or top 10 ATG.
He beat JMM and I would love to see him fight him again because Pac has improved and JMM has declined. Pac would KO him the next time.

Floyd will not fight him so what should he do about that?

You want him to invade his 9th division?

Since when is Bradley or Alexander tougher fights than what he has been fighting for the last 10 years? Pac moved up for better fights and better fighters and you want him to go down for a lesser opponent? Sounds good to me I would love for him to go get an easy win against those guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 am

You want to be great you have to do great things. That's not saying Manny hasn't done great things, he has, but it's not enough to crack the top ten. Just compare him to Duran,Hagler,Leonard,Armstrong,Moore,Greb,SRR and you'll start to see why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
You want to be great you have to do great things. That's not saying Manny hasn't done great things, he has, but it's not enough to crack the top ten. Just compare him to Duran,Hagler,Leonard,Armstrong,Moore,Greb,SRR and you'll start to see why.
My thing is he does compare to those guys. Pac has done just as much as most of that list. There is a reason people compare him to Armstrong. Besides how has he not done as much as Leonard and Hagler?

Ok Ali please reply I will be back in about 7 hours LOL. Got to go teach drivers ed. Pray for me.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:21 pm

look even if pac does that it dont warrant top 10..period..interesting final 10..some very good choices and ill agree on most but disagree on placement perhaps..archie moore and sugar ray leanord dispite there popularity i feel are nooo where in the top 10..especialy over a charles who beat moore 3 times out of three..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm

how are the points determined by the way.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Pac got 7 points i believe

good god sooners i cant beliee you think he is top 10 worthy dmar is absofuckinglutely right

HE CAN BEAT FLOYD HE WONT BE TOP 10

Pac had 3 people above him if i remmber right
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:43 pm

agree dmar Ray Leonard doesnt belong, Archie is close but top 15 not 10 IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

ARGH HENRY ARMSTRONG DEFENDED THE TITLE 20+ FUCKING TIMES

GOOD GOD
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Manny would have to beat at least 4 more Hall of Famers to get consideration in the top ten.

I think it's laughable that anyone would consider him top ten all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ARGH HENRY ARMSTRONG DEFENDED THE TITLE 20+ FUCKING TIMES

GOOD GOD
Hey I did not say he is greater than Armstrong I said he is being compared to him. I do not think he is greater than Henry lets get that straight right now. Secondly You guys just keep saying he doesnt belong but for some reason have not gave me a good reason. Be objective and look at what he has done. The guy has done things in his career than no one in boxing history has. I think you do not give our current fighters enough respect.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 pm

armstrong along the way fought many great to near great and very good fighters..he warrants a top 5 no doubt.no doubt also in my mind at 126 or 135 he runs pac out of the ring..great body puncher one of pacs vulnerable spots.it would of been a war for 7 -8 rounds or so but armstrong is in another league...i realize its not a who would beat who type of thing when rankings like this are listed but henry did the perpetual motion type of thing like pac except he did it 26 times one year with success galor..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
armstrong along the way fought many great to near great and very good fighters..he warrants a top 5 no doubt.no doubt also in my mind at 126 or 135 he runs pac out of the ring..great body puncher one of pacs vulnerable spots.it would of been a war for 7 -8 rounds or so but armstrong is in another league...i realize its not a who would beat who type of thing when rankings like this are listed but henry did the perpetual motion type of thing like pac except he did it 26 times one year with success galor..
Armstrong was a beast. I wish I could have seen him fight live that would have been great. My thing is we put a guy like Leonard up there and no one has a big problem with it but I mention Pac and all hell breaks loose. What in the hell has Ray done that Manny has not?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:30 pm

sooner yes he acomplish a feat that may not be matched..thats why we rank him in the top 50..myself in the top 30..but that alone dont qualify him in a top ten..there was no 130 nor 154 and henry didnt go for the 140..in one year he could of had 6 major legit real lineal titles at the same time..on a rare occasion the middle title was split and hank fought for it and got a draw with sefarina garcia....greb fought i think 43 times in 1919 lost none and beat 6 hall of famers..in ONE year..that sure is more impressive than pacs titles etc etc.pac is a great one yes..hes not in the top ten simply because many other fighters were greater.its that simple
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:31 pm

sooner bird and i have a huge problem with leonard in the top ten..hes noooo where near it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:34 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner bird and i have a huge problem with leonard in the top ten..hes noooo where near it
I put him 8. I guess I just take about 25 of the greatest maybe even 35 and then I put the 10 guys I like. I just think they are all deserving. I have zero problems with our list to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner yes he acomplish a feat that may not be matched..thats why we rank him in the top 50..myself in the top 30..but that alone dont qualify him in a top ten..there was no 130 nor 154 and henry didnt go for the 140..in one year he could of had 6 major legit real lineal titles at the same time..on a rare occasion the middle title was split and hank fought for it and got a draw with sefarina garcia....greb fought i think 43 times in 1919 lost none and beat 6 hall of famers..in ONE year..that sure is more impressive than pacs titles etc etc.pac is a great one yes..hes not in the top ten simply because many other fighters were greater.its that simple
Yeah but Henry is just one guy. I would have a problem ranking Pac higher than Henry. So what are the other 9 that are heads above Pac? Its hard to rank these guys like this because you have to look at the eras also right?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:47 pm

sooner i could say louis greb pep ali and so forth guys in my top ten..but look ill rate tunney over pac and hes not in my top ten top 15 yes.benny leanord is another id rate over pac.saddler also ...hes not in my top 15..at 126 what do you think pac would against him..or 130..lets not forget its been what only 5 fights since pac fought at 130..i think he weighted 132 for the lightweight title.hes a great one yes...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:46 pm

sooner your blind and cant read good if you think we havent given good reasons

Mickey Walker, Ali, Robinson, Armstrong, Duran, Whitaker, Hagler, Dempsey, Tunney, Benny Leonard, Harry Greb, Jack Johnson, Barney Ross, Jimmy McLarnin, TOny Canzonari,

there, theres 15 reasons why he aint even close, to top 10 , and thats off the top of my head in 35 seconds

if you have Pac in top 10 all time you are either 1. Misinformed about the great history of the sport. 2. Delusional. 3. dont understand P4P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P   Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja's Place All Time Boxing P4P
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next