Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roman Martinez vs Ricky Burns set for September 4th

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Roman Martinez vs Ricky Burns set for September 4th Empty
PostSubject: Roman Martinez vs Ricky Burns set for September 4th   Roman Martinez vs Ricky Burns set for September 4th EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 am

WBO super featherweight champion Roman "Rocky" Martinez (24-0, 15KOs) will defend his title against mandatory Ricky Burns (28-2, 7KOs) at Kelvin Hall in Glasgow, Scotland on September 4. The fight was officially announced by Burns and his team.

The fight fell through a few different times. It was previously scheduled for Puerto Rico, but everything appears to be in place for the September show in Burns' home country of Scotland.

"This has been dragging on a bit. It is the biggest fight of my career, but I'm more than confident that I can beat him. At the start, it was meant to be in Puerto Rico, then it was here and then there were a few dates that all fell though," explained Burns to the BBC.

"I was originally training to fight on the 17 of July, but obviously it was moved forward. But the date is set now and I have something to train for. I have 10 weeks' solid training ahead of me, more than enough to prepare for this fight."

Martinez is no stranger to fighting overseas. He came to Manchester to knock Nicky Cook out last March to win the title.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28747
Back to top Go down

Roman Martinez vs Ricky Burns set for September 4th
Page 1 of 1