Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just looked at MMABay...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Just looked at MMABay... Empty
PostSubject: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Their cover story is on Noons/Diaz potentially happening. How many of you guys think that Diaz would lose to a quality wrestler like Jay Hieron? I seriously think that's the main reason why Diaz avoids this fight. His recent wins have been against strikers [or guys who think they are strikers like Frank Shamrock], but he still has yet to face a good wrestler in this recent run of his. I still got Diaz as a top ten WW, but think he gets owned by several good wrestlers in the division and I may just take Heiron if that fight ever happens.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Ya, Diaz is one of the few guys who has a legitimately dangerous guard game in MMA anymore though, and now that Aoki went to train with them it will only get worse for opponents. Jay Heiron would be in submission danger imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Diaz is gonna start bringing back the gogo
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I posted this a while ago, Nick will beat Noons this time around.

Nick would be in danger against a lot of wrestlers, he'd lose close decisions.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 pm

I think people overblow Diaz vs. Wrestlers.

I thought Diaz won his fight vs. Sherk..do people realize that Diaz, one who struggles with wrestlers actually stopped 17 of Sherk's 19 takedown attempts and was 1 for 1 in his attempts...he of course outstruck Sherk. Sanchez has success taking Diaz down, but Diaz also had success taking Sanchez down but Sanchez also did a great job grappling with Nick and that is why he won.

Diaz said he fought for damage and that when he was in UFC he did not understand the scoring criteria...he thought if he was doing more damage, which he always was...he was winning the fight. I believe him. The only fight he feels he truly lost in UFC was his fight with Diego...and to me, that was his only clear loss there as well. Though i have little recollection of his fight with Joe Riggs.

Diaz does not get taken down at a very high rate at all....he didnt in 2007 and i doubt he's easier to take down now. Even Diego failed on more than half of his attemps and Sherk was almost pathetic. That coupled with he's even better off his back than he was 3-4 years ago and knows that he can't wait to improve position when a wrestler or anybody starts stalling against the cage or a wrestler falls asleep on top of him. I don't think a "wrestler" like Jay Hieron has anything for Nick.

Of course a wrestler stands the best chance against Diaz or anybody, because when people think of a wrestler vs. anybody other than another wrestler...they think of a wrestler "getting position" to win a decision....well thats just great. I don't think Diaz would have a problem with it now and i'm not so sure he ever really did have a problem with it.

Diaz was never dominated by anybody other than KJ Noons...who's not a wrestler.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:13 pm

good post Kings
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Great point kings, but Diaz has never fought a wrestler who is a natural 170'r really. Diego and Sherk are small for the division and while great MMA wrestlers, were not NCAA champion caliber either.

At 185 he's going to have a rough go with the Chael's, Aaron Simpsons, Mark Munoz' ect of the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Great point Wolfy
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:40 pm

im not crazy about Nick fighting at 185. He will face a strength disadvantage. But SF has no opponents for him at WW so he doesn't have many options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just looked at MMABay...   Just looked at MMABay... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just looked at MMABay...
Page 1 of 1